What's new

Potential Trade Targets

A couple pages back Cleveland was mentioned as being interested in Simone. Do they have anything? I thought we cleaned them out.
I'm sure seconds, maybe Craig Porter Jr. but he might be on a two way.

Granted we only have 1.5 years of Hardy, but the absolute refusal to prioritize Hendricks getting any kind of minutes is extremely strange to me, especially when he goes out of his way to get Keyonte as many developmental minutes as possible.

Say whatever the hell you want about me being a Hendricks hater, but it's pretty damn clear the coaching staff doesnt have a whole lot of belief in him being close to ready.

I also kind of doubt trading KO suddenly opens up minutes for Hendricks, but hopefully I'm wrong. I think you're more likely to get more Walker minutes along w/ more Ochai minutes while Hendricks sits in teh G.
I honestly think he just doesnt have a natural spot in the rotation right now. KO and Collins been pretty healthy all year and we have ran with 10-11 guys even without TH.

So essentially he is "benched" for the same reason THT is.

I honestly think he just doesnt have a natural spot in the rotation right now. KO and Collins been pretty healthy all year and we have ran with 10-11 guys even without TH.

Unless you have hater goggles on its pretty easy to see how a young rookie is not getting minutes in a crowded rotation.

THT is benched because he couldnt cut out the negative plays that read as selfish.

Hendricks is benched because...... honestly I have no idea. I feel like if the staff thought he had enormous potential (like they seem to think of Keyonte) they would be trying to get him minutes here and there.

Is the G-League actually helping him? He's been freaking awful over there as of late. I'm fully ready to buy that he just isnt going to look great in the G-League and can be better in the NBA in some kind of limited role, but at the same point, holy **** you want more out of the 9th pick in a supposedly deep class. Got to think the decision to get Jason Preston is somewhat tied to Hendricks, the idea of getting him an actual PG to play next to, but it hasnt helped at all (at least via the stats)

In a deal with Boston Jordan Walsh is really interesting for me. In a deal with Philly Jaden Springer is interesting. Just a couple small pieces that I'd hope get layered into those deals if they happened.

So when I spoke with Andy Larsen, my close personal friend, we were shooting the breeze for a minute while we were waiting for everyone to get on… I mentioned my frustration with just not understanding the direction they were trying to go… he laughed and said he doesn’t think they really know which direction they are headed.

So I really think anyone thinking they have some rigid agenda would be surprised. I think they are kinda rolling with things and don’t have any hard and fast direction they will shift stuff.
This is the thing I hate the most with the (re)building of any team - the lack of direction. And this comes after we got huge hauls for our two stars. We are not in a bad position by any means. But this uncertainty and lack of clear path forward bugs me to no end. They are just winging it and "rolling with thing". There is no strategy or clear intent. If a great offer comes for Lauri we will sell him off... if a mediocre starter becomes available we will pay for short-term slight bump with long-term assets... there doesn't seem to be a thought about the end destination and what we are actually trying to achieve here... besides "winning a trade" or two...

IMO shifts in strategy should be warranted if and only if it considerably changes your chances of achieving the ultimate goal(championship). What I feel like we are doing now is... waiting. We are waiting for the 25, 26, 27... drafts and hoping one of those teams has a horrible season and gives us a Tatum or a Brown who would raise our level to that of a contending team. The difference is Boston could actually attract some good free agents like Al Horford and Hayward... What's the chance we get a FA of that caliber? IMO this is what this team will be doing for the next few years... we will be in limbo... not good enough to contend, not bad enough to tank our way to premier talent. Lets hope CLE or MIN disintegrates by 25, 26...

A couple pages back Cleveland was mentioned as being interested in Simone. Do they have anything? I thought we cleaned them out.
I would love to snag Emoni Bates but I doubt they have interest in moving him.