What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Anyway, I like Dejounte because of his fit with us – playmaking PG, great contract, right age (like Lauri, entering his prime). He’s had a different role in Atlanta than when he played with the Spurs. If the Hawks didn’t have Trae, Dejounte would’ve been their lead point guard from the start and his assist and PPG numbers would be better and his value higher (he also would’ve gotten a richer contract). Trades are seldom risk-free, but I think there is good potential there. The Jazz need a playmaking PG to take advantage of Lauri’s efficiency. If Dejounte is not that player, who else is out there? It’s hard to find these guys.

Anyway, I like Dejounte because of his fit with us – playmaking PG, great contract, right age (like Lauri, entering his prime). He’s had a different role in Atlanta than when he played with the Spurs. If the Hawks didn’t have Trae, Dejounte would’ve been their lead point guard from the start and his assist and PPG numbers would be better and his value higher (he also would’ve gotten a richer contract). Trades are seldom risk-free, but I think there is good potential there. The Jazz need a playmaking PG to take advantage of Lauri’s efficiency. If Dejounte is not that player, who else is out there? It’s hard to find these guys.

Hopefully the link below works. It's NBA.com players filtered for under 27 year olds by ast%.

Hopefully the link below works. It's NBA.com players filtered for under 27 year olds by ast%.

Dejounte is 27. His role in Atlanta has been different. The facilitating there has been with Trae, who runs the offense and has the ball in his hands most of the time. Here is the list for all players who played over 20 games in the 2021-22 season. You can see Dejounte is very high on the AST% list (just behind Luka, Trae, Chris Paul, Harden, and Jokic).

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced?CF=GP*G*20&Season=2021-22&dir=A&sort=AST_PCT

Dejounte is 27. His role in Atlanta has been different. The facilitating there has been with Trae, who runs the offense and has the ball in his hands most of the time. Here is the list for all players who played over 20 games in the 2021-22 season. You can see Dejounte is very high on the AST% list (just behind Luka, Trae, Chris Paul, Harden, and Jokic).

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced?CF=GP*G*20&Season=2021-22&dir=A&sort=AST_PCT

I wasn't trying to say Dejounte isn't the guy, I'm kind of on the fence. I was directly responding to your last question of who could be the guy that sets Lauri up in the future.

I wasn't trying to say Dejounte isn't the guy, I'm kind of on the fence. I was directly responding to your last question of who could be the guy that sets Lauri up in the future.
Yes, I knew what you meant. The thing for me is that I'm still not sure whether Danny will keep Lauri or not. I hope he will because I think timeline is not an issue with Lauri. He could still play at a high level in his early thirties like so many players do.

Its why you can't dismiss Murray straight away. Its hard to find someone that would also be available. Not saying we need to go crazy but we should be in the convo... unless the plan is ultimately to tank this **** next year (I don't think we really have a plan).

Its why you can't dismiss Murray straight away. Its hard to find someone that would also be available. Not saying we need to go crazy but we should be in the convo... unless the plan is ultimately to tank this **** next year (I don't think we really have a plan).
Its also why you may groom Keyonte or someone we pick this year to be that guy but get a stopgap in the meantime... that's where Tyus Jones or similar player would work.

I an happy to report that my Lavine fever has dissipated, and I think I'd rather roll with our guys than do that move. Hopefully the condition doesn't re-appear. I am back on the "I'd rather move one of our guys for picks and just clear a little playing time". If something falls in our laps I suppose we can move on it.

I an happy to report that my Lavine fever has dissipated, and I think I'd rather roll with our guys than do that move. Hopefully the condition doesn't re-appear. I am back on the "I'd rather move one of our guys for picks and just clear a little playing time". If something falls in our laps I suppose we can move on it.
LaVine is out of the question for me as well. And I don't think Danny is even considering him because of his bad contract.

this is a big factor for me.
Its also why I think OKC is silly for not trying to bang Ainge's door down with a huge offer for Lauri. They are fringe contender good now... with Lauri they join the 3-4 favorites. The latest chatter among the media types is they shouldn't go all in and should stay patient and go get that guy later if they need it. Ignoring that several picks get burned this offseason when they are used and the big thing.... guys like Lauri don't become available that often.

maybe they are... the messaging is just odd that Presti is just going to ignore how good they are now and the holes they can fill.

LaVine is out of the question for me as well. And I don't think Danny is even considering him because of his bad contract.
I think its on Danny's radar. I think it will have to be a super buy low deal... but I also thought that on Collins.

Right now the Jazz are playing too well to disrupt anything. In about a week we might be ready to trade the entire team for a bag of chips.

View: https://youtu.be/WWuP1u4FlPo?si=ZcEkE-i6l4h4BlUW

For those who needs to be reminded of how special the Spurs Murray was. That was just a little less than 2 years ago. Always love his midrange jumpshot and now adding a consistent 3pt shot to his game in Atlanta, the guy's really got the complete package.

Not saying we need to build the team around him or anything like that but he's got what it takes to be that perfect 3rd option on a contender. He's on a bargain contract that will expire on his age 31 season so even if the Murray experiment doesn't work out, we can always use him as a trade piece later on. What's not to like.