What's new

Potential Trade Targets

View: https://youtu.be/WWuP1u4FlPo?si=ZcEkE-i6l4h4BlUW

For those who needs to be reminded of how special the Spurs Murray was. That was just a little less than 2 years ago. Always love his midrange jumpshot and now adding a consistent 3pt shot to his game in Atlanta, the guy's really got the complete package.

Not saying we need to build the team around him or anything like that but he's got what it takes to be that perfect 3rd option on a contender. He's on a bargain contract that will expire on his age 31 season so even if the Murray experiment doesn't work out, we can always use him as a trade piece later on. What's not to like.

The thing is he has been a guy who is taking 18 shots per game. Can he be a 3rd option? Especially when you are going to give him the ball even more.

I think Barnes and Huerter are easier to move so would likely prefer them to Collins. At this point I'd just want to make it a three team deal where we just get back expiring contracts (if we get a second or two great).

Don't think the Kings do that deal. Pacers may settle for Collins if they can't get Pascal or a bigger fish and don't want to put any real assets on the table. Though I think they passed on him for other reasons. I think he'd actually fit really well there and put up some numbers in that offense.

I'm talking myself into Kuminga. Am I losing my mind? Seems like a DA draft guy.

Nope. I would take him as well but would like to move Collins AND Olynyk to make room for him while also making room for Hendricks.

Nope. I would take him as well but would like to move Collins AND Olynyk to make room for him while also making room for Hendricks.

meh...I would not pass up on Kuminga because of this line of reasoning. TH isn't getting minutes as is, it's pretty clear that (right or wrong) Hardy just doesn't care to play him. Positions are fluid enough that we should be able to Kuminga minutes. We'd certainly be trading at least one major rotation player (likely 2), and it's not like we have to be playing Simone so many minutes.

meh...I would not pass up on Kuminga because of this line of reasoning. TH isn't getting minutes as is, it's pretty clear that (right or wrong) Hardy just doesn't care to play him. Positions are fluid enough that we should be able to Kuminga minutes. We'd certainly be trading at least one major rotation player (likely 2), and it's not like we have to be playing Simone so many minutes.

I’m not saying I’d pass it up… Just say I would like that to happen with it. I think we should try to acquire all of the talent we can regardless.

I'm talking myself into Kuminga. Am I losing my mind? Seems like a DA draft guy.
If we aren't giving up a lot it may be worth it. GS may be in a bind based on his public statements and the fact they are losing. Seems like he'd be worth taking a risk on if the ask is reasonable. He is a beast and isn't afraid to take it hard to the rack. Unfortunately, to date, he is a poor FT and 3 PT shooter.

I think Barnes and Huerter are easier to move so would likely prefer them to Collins. At this point I'd just want to make it a three team deal where we just get back expiring contracts (if we get a second or two great).

Don't think the Kings do that deal. Pacers may settle for Collins if they can't get Pascal or a bigger fish and don't want to put any real assets on the table. Though I think they passed on him for other reasons. I think he'd actually fit really well there and put up some numbers in that offense.

No idea why SAC would want Collins, especially for those two players who are both better than him. It's just a tough situation with Collins, very unlikely any team wants him. I think we just end up praying he rediscovers his defense and finishing inside the paint like he did with his shooting. I can't figure out why he's so much worse in the former two categories, but I suppose it's not impossible to regain form. I'm pessimistic that will come with the way we're deploying him, however.

Maybeeee you can fool a desperate team like DET (Bagley+Wiseman) in a salary dump type way like ATL fooled us, but I don't expect it to happen. Best chance of Collins being shipped out is a Lavine deal imo.

What's the high end outcome of what Kuminga is?

He doesnt get stocks. He's a decent defender, but not a stopper. Is he basically a more athletic Vanderbilt without the rebounding and you hope he learns to shoot?

What's the high end outcome of what Kuminga is?

He doesnt get stocks. He's a decent defender, but not a stopper. Is he basically a more athletic Vanderbilt without the rebounding and you hope he learns to shoot?

He's not as long as Siakam, but that’s the type of player he can become imo. Powerful, explosive athlete with decent ball handling and some playmaking chops.

As an extremely young 19 year old, Kuminga was a 23% usage guy on 60% TS. That's freaking rare, and when consider the type of physical specimen he is, that's elite prospect territory. The questions are....why did his development stall? How much has his potential spoiled? Can he still improve from here?

He is not a perfect prospect by any means, but you aren't getting those guys through trade anyways. As far as second draft guys go, he's pretty damn intriguing imo.

No idea why SAC would want Collins, especially for those two players who are both better than him. It's just a tough situation with Collins, very unlikely any team wants him. I think we just end up praying he rediscovers his defense and finishing inside the paint like he did with his shooting. I can't figure out why he's so much worse in the former two categories, but I suppose it's not impossible to regain form. I'm pessimistic that will come with the way we're deploying him, however.

Maybeeee you can fool a desperate team like DET (Bagley+Wiseman) in a salary dump type way like ATL fooled us, but I don't expect it to happen. Best chance of Collins being shipped out is a Lavine deal imo.
Oh I don't think they would. In year's past they had interest though but maybe those rumors were Atlanta based.

With any Collins deal you are looking for a team to act irrationally... which happens sometimes. I think he stays here though as I doubt Ainge is ready to admit defeat and sell low.

Kuminga is just really unique... that is either really good or not good at all.