What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Who uses the term "bland and garish"?

Sounds like Hawks are doing a one year rebuild dip… or aren’t opposed to taking a step back. So our assets would be acceptable if we wanted to go get Murray if that report is true.

Ochai, JC, and a first for Murray and Mills… we throw in some bedazzled glass frames for Quin so he can take his look next level.

We should call Atlanta and say, "Hey, we've got a big man who might interest you. He's shooting 37% from three and is averaging 13.8 per game. You interested?"

We should call Atlanta and say, "Hey, we've got a big man who might interest you. He's shooting 37% from three and is averaging 13.8 per game. You interested?"
We should remind them we made a down payment… that’s for sure.

He’s basic. Quin will love him.
I know you are thinking this because Royce, but Royce always had a sense of hidden versatility to him. IDK if that makes sense, but he always seemed like a really smart player who was capable of doing more, he was just limited his actual skill level and/or athleticism (kind of the theme of the Quin era role player). But he would have flashes of finishing, dribbling, passing and he was able to hit shots from 3.

Ochai can basically only finish in transition and shoot corner 3's, and the latter is ice cold for the past 2-3 weeks.

I feel like that was Quin's thing, smart players. Not basic. Not that Ochai is some dummy, he just doesnt process basketball at the speed Quin would like.

Last edited:
I know you are thinking this because Royce, but Royce always had a sense of hidden versatility to him. IDK if that makes sense, but he always seemed like a really smart player who was capable of doing more, he was just limited his actual skill level and/or athleticism (kind of the theme of the Quin era role player). But he would have flashes of finishing, dribbling, passing and he was able to hit shots from 3.

Ochai can basically only finish in transition and shoot corner 3's, and the latter is ice cold for the past 2-3 weeks.

I feel like that was Quin's thing, smart players. Not basic. Not that Ochai is some dummy, he just doesnt process basketball at the speed Quin would like.

Royce was also one hell of a defender. I sometimes think Ochai is a great defender, other times not so much.

We need the Ochai PR campaign to come back. Remember when he was an untouchable, sure fire starter? Dude is well below average league efficiency despite shooting on the highest quality shots at a very low volume. Defensively he has picked up his activity, but I'm still not sure he's a net positive.

He can put him in a Royce box and he will not escape. I was also kidding and trying to like talk up Ochais trade value for Quin.

Not that Ochai is some dummy, he just doesnt process basketball at the speed Quin would like.
Exactly. For a 4 year college player, Ochai is a really bad team defender in half court. He often looks like he simply doesn't know where to go and what to do. Sure NBA schemes are more complicated than NCAA ones, but Ochai will be 24 in a few months and he's played a lot of reasonably high level basketball in his life.

Not everyone needs to have a genius level BBIQ, but I'm pretty sure the Jazz expected more from him. Right now Ochai is ok if he has a ridiculously clear-cut defensive assignment – "Try to deny this guy the ball and go over every single screen". But throw him in a zone? He's lost before you know it.

bucks lost to rockets despite Gianni’s dropping 47/13. They need more bench production. Clarkson was linked to bucks before. Next game could be tryout?