What's new

Potential Trade Targets

This potential Brown deal would be a head scratcher... Other moves that made me scratch my head...

Trading for THT... I was right.
Trading for Collins... I was right.

Shrug.

Theres like a 25-30% chance Brown's option doesn't get picked up and you could sign him in the offseason for less per year and over a longer period of time.

Olynyk is expiring and you’re Ochai’s #1 hater not sure why you’d be so upset.
Ochai would get something if traded on his own (likely couple seconds) KO would get a few seconds. 22M in cap space next year gets you something and potentially something long lasting.

I think we can do better with 5 seconds and 22M in cap space. If we are adding on top (as was somewhat indicated in the report) hard pass.

Ochai would get something if traded on his own (likely couple seconds) KO would get a few seconds. 22M in cap space next year gets you something and potentially something long lasting.

I think we can do better with 5 seconds and 22M in cap space. If we are adding on top (as was somewhat indicated in the report) hard pass.
Dan Clayton said Ochai would net us a good first lol.

There was a lot of talk about Simone being as good/better price point than other 3&D guys. Well I think Kris Dunn is a lot better value than Bruce Brown. Better defender, better ball handler, better passer, same level of shooter.

There was a lot of talk about Simone being as good/better price point than other 3&D guys. Well I think Kris Dunn is a lot better value than Bruce Brown. Better defender, better ball handler, better passer, same level of shooter.
I guess if you are basing it off money value, but Brown is clearly the better player IMO. He fits a lot of high level teams. I just dont think he makes sense on Utah.

Maybe if Utah was discussing some win now type scenarios Brown would make sense, but if you just dealt Simone I dont entirely get grabbing Brown.

This potential Brown deal would be a head scratcher... Other moves that made me scratch my head...

Trading for THT... I was right.
Trading for Collins... I was right.

Shrug.
I’m trying to think of a DA trade I’ve liked…

- Salary dump of Ingles: it was a salary dump.
- Rudy: in the minority I still have some frustrations/reservations.
- Donovan: it was good.
- Bojan: good hell.
- THT: oh my.
- Collins: THT deal on steroids.

If you had him on the team you could guarantee that outcome. . .
So we release him and hope he comes back to us? After we gave up a decent amount to rent him? Wonder why I didn't think of that amazing plan.

Go get all the picks you can for KO. Go shopping with space... you can get someone on Brown's level for space... and there's a chance Brown might be that guy.

I’m trying to think of a DA trade I’ve liked…

- Salary dump of Ingles: it was a salary dump.
- Rudy: in the minority I still have some frustrations/reservations.
- Donovan: it was good.
- Bojan: good hell.
- THT: oh my.
- Collins: THT deal on steroids.
THT for Patrick Beverly was WAY worth the ride. Collins is fine. We won the Bojan trade, although I am sad he is in Detroit.