What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I’m trying to think of a DA trade I’ve liked…

- Salary dump of Ingles: it was a salary dump.
- Rudy: in the minority I still have some frustrations/reservations.
- Donovan: it was good.
- Bojan: good hell.
- THT: oh my.
- Collins: THT deal on steroids.

Ingles was a salary dump... the real ones knew at the time and called it out... whatevs
Rudy and Don were elite trades. I was good with it now and then
Bogey was partly motivated by money and I though was light... but has worked out?
THT - He was a down payment
Mike/NAW - was good with it. Had hoped for more but LA dumb.
Collins - Nope
Tech - Don't love it or hate it but its fair value.

So we release him and hope he comes back to us? After we gave up a decent amount to rent him? Wonder why I didn't think of that amazing plan.

Go get all the picks you can for KO. Go shopping with space... you can get someone on Brown's level for space... and there's a chance Brown might be that guy.
You renegotiate his new deal before you release him. I think that was Indy's plan if they would have kept him.

Bruce Brown was considered "the glue" guy in the Nuggets championship run according to Woj. He is amazing for the Nuggets. KO + Ochia only for him is a steal
If he is a pg then that makes for a lot of them on the jazz though

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I guess if you are basing it off money value, but Brown is clearly the better player IMO. He fits a lot of high level teams. I just dont think he makes sense on Utah.

Maybe if Utah was discussing some win now type scenarios Brown would make sense, but if you just dealt Simone I dont entirely get grabbing Brown.

Clearly? I’m not sure about that. Dunn is better at a lot of things, and the main thing Brown is better at is as a cutter/pseudo big in the short roll. That’s great with 5 out teams and/or playing with Jokic, but I wouldn’t say he necessarily fits in most situations. Browns lack of shooting gives him similar fit issues to Dunn.

Also, analytics aren’t everything, but they favor Dunn by a wide margin. It’s not even close.

You renegotiate his new deal before you release him. I think that was Indy's plan if they would have kept him.
That's an option but he can always say pay me or release me and we can negotiate after. He's not necessarily incentivized to negotiate his salary down to stay in a place he played for 30 games.

That's an option but he can always say pay me or release me and we can negotiate after. He's not necessarily incentivized to negotiate his salary down to stay in a place he played for 30 games.
No, but he wants the long term money, and we have proven we are not above shipping people to Detroit. . .

What about naw, Conley, vando, Beasley and 2 seconds for a protected first though?

No, but he wants the long term money, and we have proven we are not above shipping people to Detroit. . .
So we pick up his option then trade him for an expiring and some seconds?

I don't think he would negotiate. He's a classic full MLE guy so if you offer him like 15M on a long term deal I think he prefers the 22M and will sign the MLE wherever he wants the following offseason and make more money long term.

He started his career in Detroit... he's got a ring... he ain't scared of where we threaten to send him.

@Tony Jones says it ain't happening and that's good enough for me. I won't fight anyone about it tonight. If it happens thats another story.

Springer being showcased tonight. Guy is next year's Jalen Suggs. Get him in the KO deal with a few seconds. He will be a board favorite instantly.

Now that we have traded Tec, I'm OK hanging on to Olynyk. There is room for the other rooks to breathe already.

Ingles was a salary dump... the real ones knew at the time and called it out... whatevs
Rudy and Don were elite trades. I was good with it now and then
Bogey was partly motivated by money and I though was light... but has worked out?
THT - He was a down payment
Mike/NAW - was good with it. Had hoped for more but LA dumb.
Collins - Nope
Tech - Don't love it or hate it but its fair value.

What about naw, Conley, vando, Beasley and 2 seconds for a protected first though?

Oh yeah. I forgot about the Mike trade. The Mike trade is fine(ish… kinda) but that protection with no real first-round guarantee really sours it. It’s more an issue of being in a situation we shouldn’t have been in, like having traded Mike with Bojan and Beverley to the Lakers in the summer. It’s the same thing with the original Mike trade. It was good and it was the right thing, but with all the delays of making a decision, DL put himself up against hitting the wall and the Mike move was the only thing there — it was the right thing at that moment but he shouldn’t have found himself in that position to begin with.

I've caught myself wondering what Lauri and rudy would have looked like. But Kessler last year made it null. This year....