What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Someone asked Woj if he’s heard anything regarding John Collins trade market and suitors.

He replied with "Collins just arrived in Utah! Give it some time there!"
Translation... I don't want to say his market is barren cuz I like the Utah FO and I have heard zero buzz about him.

Every now and then Collins will have a nice drive that gives me a bit of hope for his development to expand his game a bit.

My nugget of hope with Collins is that when Kessler is on the bench, Hardy uses Collins in the same way he uses Kessler instead of having his role with and without Kessler fairly similar. But muh spacing….yeah I get it. If it was more valuable to have him in the corner spacing, we wouldn’t be better with Kessler at C on offense.

Defensively….Ive got no clue how he’s gotten so much worse. He’s been bad no matter what combination of players he’s played with. The reason for optimism is that he cannot possibly be this bad.

JC = Clarkson

JC to NYK for Fournier + picks
JC+Olynyk for Paul + stuff (moody???)
JC for Hachimura + stuff (Prince/JHS???)

These are the types of trades I could see happening. Clarkson and KO most likely to be dealt IMO.

JC = Clarkson

JC to NYK for Fournier + picks
JC+Olynyk for Paul + stuff (moody???)
JC for Hachimura + stuff (Prince/JHS???)

These are the types of trades I could see happening. Clarkson and KO most likely to be dealt IMO.

I could see these happening although I think it would be Russell instead of Rui if the Lakers did a deal like that.

The Knicks are going to ask us to give up a pick for them to take JC, that's how bad they are

I realize there's salary implications short and longer term with keeping JC and KO, but damn. I'd rather roll with them, an improving Sexton and Key, and see where we can get to by the end of the season. There's a fun factor with both dudes that I would miss.

Could be either I suppose. Oddly enough, I think DLO is underrated.

Would you do Clarkson for Russell and they take the protections off of the the 2027 first we own? Is that enough? Or would you do JHS instead? Or would it take both?

Knicks were heavily pursuing Sexton before we traded for him. His salary is almost equal to Fournier’s… I would not want to do it and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about it but it does make sense for them.

I would want a valuable unprotected first in the future or two of their protected firsts like the 2204 Dallas and 2025 Milwaukee ones they have to even consider it.
I don't think they throw a good pick at it for Sexton so I'm not too worried about that. I think they are filling the gap while having a salary cap placeholder for a bigger deal. The Detroit pick they own is a little interesting because the Pistons will try and be better before 2027... so I don't think they will intentionally suck (they could still suck). The Was pick is a full on fake first.

Lets say your options are Fournier+Dallas first in 2024 for Sexton or JC for Fournier for 2 seconds (they have our second and a couple other good ones)... which trade you taking. I think for both teams and fanbases the Clarkson one is preferred.

I do wonder with Sexton's name out there constantly and JC's declining salary contract if Ainge sells high (assuming he wants to tank) and waits to move JC until next year. I am believing in what Collin is doing so I don't think its necessarily selling high, but his value was in the tank earlier and end of last year so it might feel like selling high.

Would you do Clarkson for Russell and they take the protections off of the the 2027 first we own? Is that enough? Or would you do JHS instead? Or would it take both?
I'd do it just for the protections tbh and I'm not a DLo fan.

Lakers would also be an interesting John Collins team.

I would do Clarkson for Russell straight up. I know JC’s deal gets really cost efficient for the next two years, but when you look at age+production, Russell is quite good. In the regular season at least.

Lakers would also be an interesting John Collins team.

Feels odd to take in more players than we send out, but I had thought about Collins for some combination of Rui/Gabe/Russell.

I know they had benched Christian Wood and Vando has been a mess. They probably want another big man.