What's new

Potential Trade Targets

McMahon and Windy talking trades and Utah. Sounds like nothing really changes with our improved play... which is the right approach I think. I don't think we sell off KO or JC for 2-3 seconds though. I think it will take a first, a swap or like 4-5 seconds like with Bey last trade deadline.

Also i am starting to see the Collins for Wiggins stuff on twitter from Jazz fans... don't fall for it. Wiggins is fools gold who locked in for one season. He got paid... He's a contract year guy not a first year of a 4 year extension guy. If Steph, Kerr can't get him going just go ahead and assume you can't either.

Also i am starting to see the Collins for Wiggins stuff on twitter from Jazz fans... don't fall for it. Wiggins is fools gold who locked in for one season. He got paid... He's a contract year guy not a first year of a 4 year extension guy. If Steph, Kerr can't get him going just go ahead and assume you can't either.
Man, we say some pretty short sighted and moronic stuff on this board, but Jazz twitter is a whole different thing. .

Isn't part of it coming back from injury and injuries this year though?

I'm not completely out on Wiggins.

This is where I am at. If a potential trade target isn't better than Simone, I don't really care about tading anything for them. The list of available targets that are better than Simone is getting smaller and smaller. Re-signing him is a top priority.

You could be right, and I'm not really up to date on who is available, but I also think we might be overrating Simone a little.

McMahon and Windy talking trades and Utah. Sounds like nothing really changes with our improved play...

The professional talking heads absolutely hate it when their earlier takes are proved wrong. They almost never do a 180 on air, it's too embarrassing.

They'd rather die on the "Utah is still going to pivot to tanking" hill and then hope it all gets quickly buried under the usual avalanche of NBA bull****.

My only counterpoint would be Draymond fatigue, but I wouldn't do it either

Hunter is a key reason they are mediocre. We can just give Simone 25 million per year if you want Hunter

I still like Hunter, but at this point I'll admit it's irrationally. If you look at his impact while he's on the floor it's probably neutral or maybe even a little negative.

My only counterpoint would be Draymond fatigue, but I wouldn't do it either
Wiggins is a guy who you know is capable of playing better than he is right now, that's his appeal. How likely he is to do that is another question, and to HH's point how you think your organization could get more out of him than the Warriors is key to that question.

Isn't part of it coming back from injury and injuries this year though?

I'm not completely out on Wiggins.
Nah... he was out last year for personal reasons. Came in to camp out of shape... has struggled even though he is now in shape.

There are enough tea leaves that lead me to believe Wiggins is just not a motivated or smart dude. The owner in Minny being like "hey I signed you to the max but do you promise to work hard and get better?". I think after his 1 year run he has reverted back to the player he is. He has tools, talent, and skills but I doubt you will ever get consistent reliable effort out of the guy. Whatever he is dealing with may contribute to his issues and maybe he gets through it. IDK but I am not taking that risk.

Collins isn't perfect but I know he is trying and that he likes basketball. I'll roll with that guy instead of Wiggins.

The professional talking heads absolutely hate it when their earlier takes are proved wrong. They almost never do a 180 on air, it's too embarrassing.

They'd rather die on the "Utah is still going to pivot to tanking" hill and then hope it all gets quickly buried under the usual avalanche of NBA bull****.
I just think they think we are much more likely to still be seller than a buyer. Didn't see it as a tank convo.

McMahon and Windy talking trades and Utah. Sounds like nothing really changes with our improved play... which is the right approach I think. I don't think we sell off KO or JC for 2-3 seconds though. I think it will take a first, a swap or like 4-5 seconds like with Bey last trade deadline.
McMahon:
"Lauri Markkanen is not untouchable, but its going to take one of your untouchables to get him."

So an untouchable player is needed to acquire a touchable player?

McMahon:
"Lauri Markkanen is not untouchable, but its going to take one of your untouchables to get him."

So an untouchable player is needed to acquire a touchable player?
I think that is more to the OKC rumors where it’s Lauri for picks… it’s likely they say Lauri for J Will.

Basically it’s saying he’s functionally off the market unless you get wild.

Like if you want Lauri that’s fine but you can’t have a sacred cow.

I would be talking with teams like the Pistons and Warriors everyday... just wait for something dumb to happen.

Nah... he was out last year for personal reasons. Came in to camp out of shape... has struggled even though he is now in shape.

There are enough tea leaves that lead me to believe Wiggins is just not a motivated or smart dude. The owner in Minny being like "hey I signed you to the max but do you promise to work hard and get better?". I think after his 1 year run he has reverted back to the player he is. He has tools, talent, and skills but I doubt you will ever get consistent reliable effort out of the guy. Whatever he is dealing with may contribute to his issues and maybe he gets through it. IDK but I am not taking that risk.

Collins isn't perfect but I know he is trying and that he likes basketball. I'll roll with that guy instead of Wiggins.
I don't think Wiggins likes basketball. Not sure he's ever liked it.

I also think there's plenty of guys like that in the league but most of them are professional enough to not let it show.

I don't think Wiggins likes basketball. Not sure he's ever liked it.

I also think there's plenty of guys like that in the league but most of them are professional enough to not let it show.
Yeah I think he likes basketball to some degree obviously but not a guy that loves the game. I've just heard things about him like "thank goodness Andrew has basketball" from people that knew him in college that I find a bit worrisome in combination with his motivation wavering. Like not that he is a problem off the court but that he is kinda not the brightest bulb. To be the effective player he was you have to do the dirty work and its hard. I think he locked in... got his flowers and his contract... and is chilling. Whatever this thing is off the court I hope he is doing better. Its one of those things where if GS who desperately needs the good version of Wiggins isn't getting it and is willing to sell really low on him... do you think you are going to do better. Miami and LA might have better luck than us but no way I'd make that bet.

I think that is more to the OKC rumors where it’s Lauri for picks… it’s likely they say Lauri for J Will.

Basically it’s saying he’s functionally off the market unless you get wild.
Michael Scotto said that he is getting the feeling that Lauri trade is not a real thing. He said that it feels like other teams are speaking it into existance.