What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Also i am starting to see the Collins for Wiggins stuff on twitter from Jazz fans... don't fall for it. Wiggins is fools gold who locked in for one season. He got paid... He's a contract year guy not a first year of a 4 year extension guy. If Steph, Kerr can't get him going just go ahead and assume you can't either.
I'm a yes on Wiggins.

I'm a yes on Wiggins.
To each their own I suppose but he's in year 1 of a four year 110M deal. He missed half the season last year for undisclosed personal reasons (dad's health issues most likely). currently shooting at THT levels and his steal block rates are down like 50% plus. Its a big gamble.

Michael Scotto said that he is getting the feeling that Lauri trade is not a real thing. He said that it feels like other teams are speaking it into existance.
That's my guess... and I am guessing they will answer the phones when other teams call because why not but I doubt they have had anything in the ballpark yet of something they would consider even entertaining.

I am guessing the Jazz have likely had some prelim convos about the extension possibilities and know they can hold on to Lauri as well. So while an outsider might see it as making an offer for Lauri for the next 1.5 years... we are likely measuring any offer as Lauri for the next 5-6 years.

Why go for Wiggins when guys like Kuminga, Patrick Williams, and Avdija can be had. Wiggins probably doesn't give a **** at this point unlike these three guys who are desperate to prove their worth.

Also i am starting to see the Collins for Wiggins stuff on twitter from Jazz fans... don't fall for it. Wiggins is fools gold who locked in for one season. He got paid... He's a contract year guy not a first year of a 4 year extension guy. If Steph, Kerr can't get him going just go ahead and assume you can't either.
I'm not entirely out on the idea of Wiggins, but he comes as a serious negative contract. I'd take him for Collins if they attach draft capital (which they won't, so it's a no again).

They are probably thinking Lauri. . .
Lauri... KO... Vucevic????

I will say... owning GS's draft from 2025-2028 is intriguing. Super swaps in 25 and 27 with any of the three picks we own and having 26 and 28 outright. If you could get something else for Kuminga there might be an okayish deal there, but it would depend on how washed you think the Warriors are and if Lauri would stay long term.

I'm not entirely out on the idea of Wiggins, but he comes as a serious negative contract. I'd take him for Collins if they attach draft capital (which they won't, so it's a no again).
Depends on the draft comp but Andrew's deal is in a dangerous zone. Like I could see Collins being neutral value sometime next year or maybe the offseason. Wiggins could end up going something like the Ben Simmons path if he doesn't click in and if the personal issues drive him to a bad spot.

I think GP2/Moody for KO makes sense as GS is trying to cut future salary. With Green coming back maybe the roll with KO Green as the 4/5 combo and move Looney to the bench. A bigger deal with CP is interesting too.

Depends on the draft comp but Andrew's deal is in a dangerous zone. Like I could see Collins being neutral value sometime next year or maybe the offseason. Wiggins could end up going something like the Ben Simmons path if he doesn't click in and if the personal issues drive him to a bad spot.
Yeah, I agree. It's a huge risk, but he's just a year and change away from being a _very_ key piece to a championship team.

I don't take on that contract without getting something, but he is intriguing.

Problem with Wiggins is of course that Warriors are looking for pieces to either tank and re-tool or win immediately. I'm not giving them either.

Bro who else is gonna eat that cat? Like I said, keep chasing our mistakes with bigger ones and we’re a couple of degrees separated from an out-of-retirement Stephon Marbury max.

There is no way in hell the Warriors are tanking
Yeah, I don't think so either.

We did look at their future picks, and they are masterfully organized to a) not have any to trade and b) keep them all.
They owe this year's pick to Blazers unless it's top 4, top 1 protected next year, unprotected next. Very likely that conveys this year. They also owe 2030 to someone, 1-20 protected. Means nothing really, but does mean they can't trade any pick except '28 (and swaps galore).

Yeah, I don't think so either.

We did look at their future picks, and they are masterfully organized to a) not have any to trade and b) keep them all.
They owe this year's pick to Blazers unless it's top 4, top 1 protected next year, unprotected next. Very likely that conveys this year. They also owe 2030 to someone, 1-20 protected. Means nothing really, but does mean they can't trade any pick except '28 (and swaps galore).
They can move 26 and 28 and you can do swaps with 25, 27, and 29. You just have to make the language conditional on the pick conveying this year or next. If the pick somehow didn't convey it becomes a domino that pushes the other stuff. If they traded for Lauri for example there would be almost no chance they can be in the bottom 4 this year.

I would try and do a JC/KO deal that involves Moody and a swap for 2025. Maybe make it top 4 protected and also provide language to accommodate the pick they owe. Have some language that if the pick falls in the protection that you get the right to swap a 2027 pick. I think with so many picks in the odd years we are missing opportunities to get swaps that seem less valuable and become really valuable. I assume/hope that is something we are looking at really hard.