What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Does Gordo have some baggage? It was so long ago, completely different team+coaching staff+FO. Ainge is the guy that helped bring him to BOS lol.

Does Gordo have some baggage? It was so long ago, completely different team+coaching staff+FO. Ainge is the guy that helped bring him to BOS lol.
With the exception of Dan Roberts, there’s been a complete franchise turnover. The only thing you could argue is Ryan Smith being a fan weighing and not liking making that decision for what the community would think. But then look at some other things Ryan had done, like the jerseys and color scheme, and realize that DA will do DA things and I don’t think Ryan’s opinion on that is getting in the way.

For fans sure... will there be some boos... I bet there would be. Would any of it matter for what happens on the court... nah.

I was just saying there is some emotional baggage for fans who would only remember July 4th and not see the player he is.

Also, the whole idea (in general) of KO vs. Taylor for minutes is so stupid because it's the biggest false dichotomy and ignores the real issue -- why TF we volunteered to take on Collins.
Because DA was walking through Target.... nevermind.

Now that I have actually looked at all the numbers and Hardy/Collins have found an arrangement that works... I'm fine with Collins. Don't get me wrong if we found an expiring deal especially one with a useful player like Hayward I would jump at it. I'm just not gonna force fetch to happen with a Lonzo or BS deal.

I don't think Mrs. Hayward likes Charlotte either. She talked smack about their training/med staff. Gordo will have to keep all his options open if he wants more Subway money on that next contract. I'm sure he'd welcome a trade to any playoff team or contender.

Charlotte Hornets are the funniest team because they are terrible and no one wants to talk about them because of Miles Bridges.

I don't think Mrs. Hayward likes Charlotte either. She talked smack about their training/med staff. Gordo will have to keep all his options open if he wants more Subway money on that next contract. I'm sure he'd welcome a trade to any playoff team or contender.
My money says he goes to the Lakers on a buyout. It's going to be something that makes everyone incredibly mad.

I am still okay moving KO and JC. Especially as it seems it isn't completely unreasonable to get a first for one of them or similar value in young players. I think if we can't function at an acceptable level with Tay Henny in for KO for 10 minutes a night or if JC is necessary to keep the offense afloat that I want that data point. You can also get 20-35M in cap space while doing all the other stuff you need to this offseason.

Zach Lowe mentioned that every team would want KO basically so he may net a surprising return. He said unless it was a solid first he would keep him.
KO is interesting because as you said every team could use him. ... What would a reasonable trade offer be for Dejounte, Josh Giddey, or Tyus Jones? What would we have to give up for each of them? I've been thinking about this but would like to hear other takes on this too. (Giddey's situation isn't great right now, but the whole thing will be forgotten.)

KO is interesting because as you said every team could use him. ... What would a reasonable trade offer be for Dejounte, Josh Giddey, or Tyus Jones? What would we have to give up for each of them? I've been thinking about this but would like to hear other takes on this too. (Giddey's situation isn't great right now, but the whole thing will be forgotten.)
Dejounte for me is like Ochai, JC, and the 2025 Minny pick. Likely not quite enough but who knows. Not touching Giddey for a variety of reasons right now. Jone I really like but not as interested with Dunn playing well. Would think expirings and seconds would be the best offer they get.

Guessing two of those firsts are crappy ones they own this year.

Dejounte for me is like Ochai, JC, and the 2025 Minny pick. Likely not quite enough but who knows. Not touching Giddey for a variety of reasons right now. Jone I really like but not as interested with Dunn playing well. Would think expirings and seconds would be the best offer they get.
What if its Sexton for Dejounte straight up? Sexton probably goes to a 3rd team but still from the Jazz perspective.