What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Sexton and George can work together I think. It ain't gotta be one or the other.
I'm not down on George at all. I just think Colin is special, and with the way he plays we need to get some pieces around him sooner. I think pairing Keyonte with Dunn right now would be immensely helpful for his development.

I'm not down on George at all. I just think Colin is special, and with the way he plays we need to get some pieces around him sooner. I think pairing Keyonte with Dunn right now would be immensely helpful for his development.
I don't mind that pairing at all. If we do think Key is ready sooner than later and Sexton is real... then I don't know that you use up the assets to go get Murray. Its not a for sure no but I might prioritize other stuff.

I don't mind that pairing at all. If we do think Key is ready sooner than later and Sexton is real... then I don't know that you use up the assets to go get Murray. Its not a for sure no but I might prioritize other stuff.
I mean he's flippable again if need be. I just think making Key the primary bench scorer has enough headroom for him to grow.

Lakers 2027 remove protections, swaps, and their 2030 or 2999 pick (same difference), and a Bulls unprotected 2028 pick, a protected pick and swap. 4 swaps, 3.5 FRP picks (counting lifting the 2027 as a pick and the protected as a half) and 4 2RP (the kitchen sink) plus cash. You can probably send out John Collins instead of Ochai to make it slightly more cap friendly.
Your name says it all. What the?

Grimes is the guy for me... go get him. He shoots 40% on three on high volume and is a good defender. His 3 ball is going up and in at a similar per minute rate to a certain Finnish 7 footer we employ. Hardy will unlock him.

I would probably look to move Ochai in a deal if we got him. Not that you can have too many 3 and D types... but its hard to have enough time for everyone.
Why are the Knicks looking to trade him?

Whelp, I think the time has come to trade Lauri to OKC. His value is an all-time high and OKC would open a real title-window with the trade. I think right now we are on the same path as the 2013-14 Phoenix Suns.

Trade I am thinking would be based around Josh Giddy (as the new PG for the Jazz) & Cason Wallace, the Jazz 2024 pick, & some other picks out in the future.

I think Giddy & Wallace could be stars, especially putting the ball in Giddy's hands. You are then ready to lean into a real rebuild full of young talent & a stack of draft picks that the league has never seen. Jazz would be in the position to get any star that is remotely available going forward.

Trading Lauri doesn't mean we tank, because you already have a ton of high-end talent and would still be very competative. Instead you focus on development while growing towards the future.

Youth: Giddy, Wallace, George, Ochai, Hendricks, Kessler - that is a lot of talent
Vets: Sexton, JC, JC, Olynk, Dunn, Fontechio - This is a good group of lockeroom/culture setters.
That is 5 Point gaurds. Giddey, Wallace, Dunn, George,, Sexton. F*** ua thinking?

Why are the Knicks looking to trade him?
He's fallen out of favor with Thibs... they acquired Hart, Donte, and extended McBride who are all 3 and D guys in one way or another. They need another creator with the ball and they need to get more salary for Fournier because they will need matching salaries later in their "star" trade in the future. So that is why JC for Grimes/Fournier makes sense.

Our equivalent to that is Clarkson, Sensabaugh, a first and a swap?
Yeah Danny is probably eyeing Dejounte too, but hard to say how much he is in it. I wouldn't give Sensabaugh. I think he'll be a great player for us down the road, maybe helping us already next season. The kid is oozing potential. Pairing with Sexton, Dejounte would need to become a playmaker he once was with the Spurs, not iso driver, otherwise I don't see it working for us.