What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Jones stays away from all those convos. He doesn’t even like to speculate. Andy will throw out some fake trades and has talked about who’s on the block before.
I reckon it's tough for them to get the inside scoop and the best we can hope for is they break a trade before it's made public though it'd be nice to know who the Jazz truly are interested in.

can i just say how much i hate the idea of trading JC to NY and Sexton to LA. those two media markets think the jazz are just a minor league team that only exist to give them players. there should be a supertax applied to any trades from NY or LA. they have to give 2 more first round picks over and above any trade, just for being shiybirds. for the record i would not trade either of those players for the packages allegedly being offered. JC and his contract are incredible. Sexton is playing at an allstar level right now. they are worth a lot. trade tht, ko, yurt and or luka.

As much as i love Sex... Dejounte would be an upgrade under Hard Willys drive and passion.

If we somehow came away with Dejounte after dropping JC and Sexton for lots of stuff, we wouldn't be in a worse spot.
If we drop Sexton for pretty much anyone we are in a worse spot. He is the guy who fires up our group of introverts, and is producing at legit star level atm.

Over the past 15 games Sexton is averaging (per36):
30.0/7.3/3.3 with 3:1 AST:TO ratio and 53/44/89 splits

Now if he actually played 36 mpg we would probably see lesser numbers. But for the minutes he gets atm there are not many better options, period. None even close to his salary level.

Yeah, no outgoing Sexton trades, thanks. We have a lethal duo in him and Lauri. In dirt cheap contracts for one season on Lauri, two with Collin. And both of them are as coachable you ever get, effective, humble, and just entering their primes as of now. Utah is a small market which imo has invest in this kind of high character guys, and through developing and coaching, try create a team. They are doing things exactly as I wish for.

If there is no high character superstar to trade for,stay mostly put, let this thing unfold, and maybe find value deal or two to add depth in another playmaking forward and good back-court defender

Dejounte Murray would be my first and only pick if I had to chose and the option was the Jazz could only make one move, what would it be, trade for Dejounte Murray. I would think Atlanta would do the deal for let’s say a Collin Sexton and 2 FRPs.

Hypothetically if the Jazz could add one more piece I would like to see them make a deal with Brooklyn for my top choice would be Mikal Bridges, but seems like the Nets want to build around Mikal. So I would settle for a Cam Johnson or a Dorian Finney-Smith. To get a deal done like that probably would have to trade John Collins to Brooklyn, and if the
Nets were willing to trade Bridges I might sweeten the deal with at most 3 FRPs, at some point Justin and Danny are going to consolidate the draft capital they have and build around Lauri. Lastly I like the idea of trading Jordan Clarkson or Kelly Olynyk and THT to New York depending if they want Clarkson’s bench scoring prowess or expiring contracts in KO and THT to go after a Donovan Mitchell in the summer or next, and in return the Jazz get Quentin Grimes whom they liked in the Donovan trade when the Jazz were trying to trade Don to the Knicks, and an Evan Fournier.

How would a rotation look of…?
Murray/Key
Grimes/Ochai
DFS/Fontecchio
Markkanen/Hendricks
Kessler/Yurt
How far does that get you?

If the Jazz could get a Murray, Bridges, Grimes type of deals done, I think those are the type of players to put around Lauri.

How about keynote, tht, ochai, and a pick for Murray?
I think its fairly safe to exclude Keyonte from all trade speculations. Hardy and the FO love him, and its for a good reason.

This might be a hot take with his recent struggles, but I think he has AS potential. Needs a few leaps (in defense, efficiency and volume), but the tools and work ethic are there, and he isnt afraid of the moment.

Besides, I think the FO needs a postseason sample to see where we are before they would even consider trading away any of our best rookie contract players (Key, TH, Kessler). Rookie contracts are vital to small market teams as you are guaranteed longer team control.

If we drop Sexton for pretty much anyone we are in a worse spot. He is the guy who fires up our group of introverts, and is producing at legit star level atm.

Over the past 15 games Sexton is averaging (per36):
30.0/7.3/3.3 with 3:1 AST:TO ratio and 53/44/89 splits

Now if he actually played 36 mpg we would probably see lesser numbers. But for the minutes he gets atm there are not many better options, period. None even close to his salary level.
That's why I love him.

But if you short memory farts recall, Murray with the Spurs was a stat God. People on this board would have given up Sexton + 3 picks for him up until 15 games ago.

He went to Atlanta and his stats went backwards like everyone who plays with Tray.

Sexton has fight and character and he has turned a major corner in his career.. Love him. But prime Dejounte not with the Hawks was pretty elite and he is locked up for longer.

The Hawks want 2 1sts for Murray. If they has them then I think he would already be gone.

IF we gave them 2 late firsts with protections and consolidate players like THT, Ochai, and KO for example and then we turn around and trade Sexton for the Bucks or Lakers unprotected top 2029 pick. It wouldn't be the worst thing guys.

And for those who said EAT CROW on Collins, he is playing pretty well too. It took a minute but getting out of Atlanta and over to Hardy is going to bring the best out of players

That's why I love him.

But if you short memory farts recall, Murray with the Spurs was a stat God. People on this board would have given up Sexton + 3 picks for him up until 15 games ago.

He went to Atlanta and his stats went backwards like everyone who plays with Tray.

Sexton has fight and character and he has turned a major corner in his career.. Love him. But prime Dejounte not with the Hawks was pretty elite and he is locked up for longer.

The Hawks want 2 1sts for Murray. If they has them then I think he would already be gone.

IF we gave them 2 late firsts with protections and consolidate players like THT, Ochai, and KO for example and then we turn around and trade Sexton for the Bucks or Lakers unprotected top 2029 pick. It wouldn't be the worst thing guys.

And for those who said EAT CROW on Collins, he is playing pretty well too. It took a minute but getting out of Atlanta and over to Hardy is going to bring the best out of players
Im not opposed to DJM. But if we trade for him he has to be the lead PG and thus he upgrades Dunn, not Sexton. Dont send out Sexton, but send out one or two of Clarkson/Dunn/THT + stuff instead.

I think the entire point of Murray is to PAIR him with Sexton, not replace him. I think, unfortunately, the cost is that we have to move Clarkson, whether we include him in the deal or not. Clarkson is a damn good contract though.

Here is an idea… before posting a trade that involves Sexton people should have to list those people in the nba who have outperformed him the past two months.
You also have to list the people who have brought more fun to my life over the last two months… not just basketball players… people.

@Hearsky ’s mom… that’s the list… that’s it… and it’s basically a 1a 1B situation.

I think the entire point of Murray is to PAIR him with Sexton, not replace him. I think, unfortunately, the cost is that we have to move Clarkson, whether we include him in the deal or not. Clarkson is a damn good contract though.
Murray theoretically pairs well with Key too. It’s part of the theory of the big defensive oriented pg. He’s long for a pg but the defense really isn’t there. Not sure Hardy can work his magic but if he can get Collin from worst defensive player in the league to bad but not horrible defender… idk might be worth a try. I don’t think anyone has mentioned Murray and Utah so I don’t think we are in on this one.

I'm just not sure DJ is a defense oriented PG.....he's more of a balanced, two way player. Overrated for his play in SAS, but underrated for his play in ATL. A lot of his metrics were boosted by his high rebound rate...rebounding counts for defense, but the numbers don't really show that he was increasing his team's rebound rate in SAS. He was just collecting them Drummond/RWB style. I think his reputation has dropped off most because of the drop off in rebounds+stocks.....but I don't actually think his level has changed too much if at all since coming to ATL.