What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Based on what I saw from Brown in the playoffs last year he's a better 2 way player than Clarkson. I bet the Raps would demand Grimes+FRP from the Knicks in any deal for him.
Yeah but no one really wants to pay the Brown the money on his option next year, so it's a one year rental unless you want to commit the money the elnext season vs Clarkson who is cheaper (and a better fit for what NYK needs) while you get him for multiple years at an extremely cheap price

Also if you look at record for above .500 vs below .500 competition it's hilarious. The Knicks are undefeated against bad teams but terrible vs good teams. The most fraudulent team in the NBA.

Sexton would be an incredible fit for the Lakers. Basically a perfect team for him.

Would require the removal of the protection on the 27 pick, JHS, and another unprotected pick. Then a pick swap to account for taking on the DLo contract
Yeah, that’s pretty much what I’d be asking for.

Sexton would be an incredible fit for the Lakers. Basically a perfect team for him.

Would require the removal of the protection on the 27 pick, JHS, and another unprotected pick. Then a pick swap to account for taking on the DLo contract
Ain't gonna lie... simultaneously watching Collin on the Lakers and watching Jalen Hood Shitfino brick shots for multiple years before we give up and send him to Siberia is the darkest timeline.

If this deal happens I guess I would get it in some ways but I'm gonna be wandering the streets drinking milk from a carton Ron Burgandy style for a few years.

Ain't gonna lie... simultaneously watching Collin on the Lakers and watching Jalen Hood Shitfino brick shots for multiple years before we give up and send him to Siberia is the darkest timeline.

If this deal happens I guess I would get it in some ways but I'm gonna be wandering the streets drinking milk from a carton Ron Burgandy style for a few years.
Shitfino and Midricks will take us to the promise land

Yeah but no one really wants to pay the Brown the money on his option next year, so it's a one year rental unless you want to commit the money the elnext season vs Clarkson who is cheaper (and a better fit for what NYK needs) while you get him for multiple years at an extremely cheap price
So the Knicks are in a unique situation. The star trade they want to do isn't available. Fournier falling off the books doesn't open up cap space. When you trade for a star you will need salary. So AB or Brown if they decline his salary is not helpful to one of their main goals. Brown's contract is kinda perfect as they can try and move it before the guarantee date and make a decision then. JC is helpful as its a useful salary and player if they keep it around.

TBH if Dlo would agree to come off the bench its a perfect mix of player and contract... he may not want to do that and it is a player option... so they lose some control.

They need to roll the Fournier deal forward in some fashion to do the star trade.

Knicks in addition to JC should be trying to snag Yurt. Hartenstein is out with tendinopathy in the achilles. That seems like one of those things that needs to be managed. They need some depth there.

I think it was Bobby Marks that said NYK would keep Fournier next year if they can't find a trade just for the contract. Translation: Knicks are ready to spend big bucks.

I think it was Bobby Marks that said NYK would keep Fournier next year if they can't find a trade just for the contract. Translation: Knicks are ready to spend big bucks.
The Knicks Film School guys are annoying homers sometimes but also super cap nerds and really smart as far as fancasters go. They talk about needing to build continuous soup with the cap and asset building and yes... you would need Evan or someone to continue that to be eligible for trade over the summer. IF they got AB or someone they could re-sign but they wouldn't help in the draft or summer transaction cycle.

Yurt has no value versus any other replacement level C.
That is the thing with this time of year... replacement level centers aren't just out there for nothing. They need that guy and he's capable and cheap. It would be a helpful throw in with Mitch out and Hartenstein hobbled.

That is the thing with this time of year... replacement level centers aren't just out there for nothing. They need that guy and he's capable and cheap. It would be a helpful throw in with Mitch out and Hartenstein hobbled.

The point of a replacement level players is that they are literally available at any time, otherwise they would not be replacement level. They already have Sims and Taj anyways. Yurt isn't a rotation guy, he's just a warm body and they've got those.