What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I think it's only weird in the sense that it has taken them out of the running for a star trade.....and they've been a historically cheap franchise. But I think Terry has played up to his contract, and a good starter on that deal is worth a first IMO.
That's what I am saying... They are star hunters and have taken themselves out of that now for a few years. Dame, Don, etc. And they did it for Rozier? okay.

I thought the deal would be Jovic and Lowry.

That's really flawed logic, same goes for every other replacement level C....there's a million guys that were like Hartenstein but not many that actually ended up like him. There's a small chance they truly believe Yurt is the one that is better than every other replacement level and will become Hartenstein, but I'm not seeing any reason to believe why Yurt is that guy versus Sims or any other G-League player. Yurt does not stand out compared to any other random benchwarmer C.
He's had productive stints over multiple years in the nba as a young player. I think you are have more assurance to get replacement level play out of him than some rando in the G League. He also may show a bit more with some opportunity. He's definitely a half step better than what they would dig out the G League. If Bismack would take a minimum they might do better with that. I think its better than going to get Tony Bradley out the G league.

He's had productive stints over multiple years in the nba as a young player. I think you are have more assurance to get replacement level play out of him than some rando in the G League. He also may show a bit more with some opportunity. He's definitely a half step better than what they would dig out the G League. If Bismack would take a minimum they might do better with that. I think its better than going to get Tony Bradley out the G league.

Meh....he hasn't been that amazing when he's played and he's like the least desirable type of C to begin with. Maybe they value him more than a Sims/Tony Bradley, but I don't have any delusions that the difference between Yurt vs Sims/Tony Bradley or whoever is actually going to help us in a trade. Yurt has the same value as Samanic, which is nothing at all.

Meh....he hasn't been that amazing when he's played and he's like the least desirable type of C to begin with. Maybe they value him more than a Sims/Tony Bradley, but I don't have any delusions that the difference between Yurt vs Sims/Tony Bradley or whoever is actually going to help us in a trade. Yurt has the same value as Samanic, which is nothing at all.
Agree to disagree... if Yurt was on the Knicks roster he'd be getting minutes... maybe starting tonight. I think Yurt is an nba player and Samanic is not

Agree to disagree... if Yurt was on the Knicks roster he'd be getting minutes... maybe starting tonight. I think Yurt is an nba player and Samanic is not

Yeah, agree to disagree. I have zero reason to believe they do not value Sims more. Sims is the guy they chose, Yurt is some random replacement level C who has not even played well.

Indeed. Yurt is so underrated here.
I think he's most likely a third string center... but he's a third stringer I'd feel fine about having to play in a backup role. I think he's better than like Usman Garuba or whatever is in the G league.

Zeller walked in an took his job no problem....I'm not trying to **** on Yurt, but I can't see why NYK or another team would consider him more than a replacement level guy in a trade.
Yeah, I think Yurt is a solid 3rd center. A guy you play in the regular season to eat some minutes if you have a few injuries and can't go small for whatever reason, but until he proves he is more than that, he isnt going to have any value outside of salary matching.

Hornets pick is lotto protected for one year then unprotected the next. Great pick
It's not _that_ great, is it? My bet is Heat makes the playoffs in '27, so it's just some non-lottery pick. No guarantees, of course, and a fair price in any case.

It's not _that_ great, is it? My bet is Heat makes the playoffs in '27, so it's just some non-lottery pick. No guarantees, of course, and a fair price in any case.
Yeah, it's probably some non lottery pick, but at least it's not protected for years and years. You know you're getting it in 27 or 28.

Yeah, it's probably some non lottery pick, but at least it's not protected for years and years. You know you're getting it in 27 or 28.
True, and even though Miami is a well-run enterprise and a FA destination, there are no guarantees if you get some injuries.

Are they saying Utah is likely to contend for Lowry if bought out or is there something on the Jazz roster the Hornets want?

Collin Sexton would be a good fit next to Ball......

Are they saying Utah is likely to contend for Lowry if bought out or is there something on the Jazz roster the Hornets want?

Collin Sexton would be a good fit next to Ball......
It doesn’t mean anything. Why would Atlanta be favorites? The Hornets are not going to be spending an assets acquiring anyone. It’s likely they move him for bad salary plus draft compensation.

It doesn’t mean anything. Why would Atlanta be favorites? The Hornets are not going to be spending an assets acquiring anyone. It’s likely they move him for bad salary plus draft compensation.
I mean, it means something, people are betting money and there is an odd's structure for a reason...

It just might not mean much. Like maybe Utah is only viewed as the 2nd favorite because Dunn is our starting PG, a guy bettors might figure Utah would happily upgrade by picking up Lowry on the buyout market.

Why do the Hornets do that?
I mean, it means something, people are betting money and there is an odd's structure for a reason...

It just might not mean much. Like maybe Utah is only viewed as the 2nd favorite because Dunn is our starting PG, a guy bettors might figure Utah would happily upgrade by picking up Lowry on the buyout market.
You would have to be a degenerate to bet on Kyle Lowry’s next team odds. A lot of the contenders can’t sign him though due to the second apron.