What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Why do the Hornets do that?

You would have to be a degenerate to bet on Kyle Lowry’s next team odds. A lot of the contenders can’t sign him though due to the second apron.
Hornets would do it because they view Sexton as a 20+ PPG scorer they can pair next to Ball and Miller. He's also very cheap, and the Hornets love cheap. They got a jumbo PG and a jumbo wing, so they are a team who can theoretically go in on an undersized 2 guard.

Hornets would do it because they view Sexton as a 20+ PPG scorer they can pair next to Ball and Miller. He's also very cheap, and the Hornets love cheap. They got a jumbo PG and a jumbo wing, so they are a team who can theoretically go in on an undersized 2 guard.
In theory it works but they aren’t looking to pay to add pieces.

Probably, but I feel like with these perennial bottom feeders there's always some point where they want to push to get better immediately.

Next year starts the first year of Ball's 2nd contract, so I would think they want to get things moving in a better direction.

Zeller walked in a took his job no problem....I'm not trying to **** on Yurt, but I can't see why NYK or another team would consider him more than a replacement level guy in a trade.
You mean when he was out all year and rehabbing from ankle surgery? Of course they needed another body. There isn’t always a Zeller out there.

I’m simply saying as a throw in to NY in their situation he’d be a nice little benefit. Maybe they prefer the 10 day route or Taj… who really can’t play more than 10-15 minutes and may not be in game shape if they bring him back.

Man, are we blessed Saint isn't Danny Ainge. Look at that trade offer. The dude must hate the Jazz

Lowry would be in a multi team deal for Murray imo. Hornets or Jazz help facilitate something. Also I wouldn’t bet we are his next team.

Man, are we blessed Saint isn't Danny Ainge. Look at that trade offer. The dude must hate the Jazz
Brother if you dont take a top 3 protected pick in 2025 from the Hornets for Sexton (not to mention the 27 Heat pick) you are braindead.

New ownership has come in. Kupchek will be dismissed this summer for a new GM. They are clearing the decks a bit for THEIR new direction.

I do wonder if Charlotte would be a team interested in John Collins. Might make some sense in the offseason.

With Detroit and Charlotte clearing out space I think guys like IQ gonna get PAID this offseason. Not a lot of youngish FAs.

It's not _that_ great, is it? My bet is Heat makes the playoffs in '27, so it's just some non-lottery pick. No guarantees, of course, and a fair price in any case.
I mean they were screwing around with the play in last year. That roster gets pretty rough without a healthy Butler. . .

Before Hartenstein was Hartenstein he was Yurt. While he may just be replacement value I think that is the floor and you could discover more. Taj you know what he is. Sims has been hurt... they need depth and Yurt would be helpful.

Not saying its some boon but its a nice little after dinner mint.
Which is another reason we shouldn't trade Yurt as he has little to no value at the moment. At least give him some run and let his trade value grow a bit before selling low

Would be better now (for us) to grab Hayward.
Yeah I’m thinking they’d want their options open. Collins is a guy teams turn to once their other plans don’t work and they still need to make a move to justify having cap space. It wouldn’t have a huge benefit to us at that point but you could create a giant trade exception or do some other things.

If they are willing I’d do it. I’m not in a super hurry now or in the summer as the “damage” is kinda done and keeping Collins might be better than what is out there in trade.