What's new

Potential Trade Targets

wrong. he is averaging 18.3 point this year and i read he is a candidate for 6th man this year. this isnt the past, this is the present. JC is a much better player than Grimes right now. in addition his contract makes him even more valuable. i hear grimes turned down something like 20 million a year and wants at least 25 million. just not interested in JC plus Ochai for Grimes.
fournier is a negative asset. dude hasnt played for 2 years.

I am just saying. If you get another Laker pick and remove the protection of the 2027 pick - having two unencumbered post-Lebron Laker picks would be worth gold. It may make it even appealing to entice a future Luka trade with Dallas.

I could see that….just depends on how you feel about those two players. For me, I don’t really value Ochai that much. Like if he wasn’t a first round pick, he would just be an other guy. But his trade value is probably greater than what I view him as.
Also... there is a report from Ian Bagley and others that it would take a significant package to get JC so for now I think DA is asking for a pick and Grimes... but that's a guess.

wrong. he is averaging 18.3 point this year and i read he is a candidate for 6th man this year. this isnt the past, this is the present. JC is a much better player than Grimes right now. in addition his contract makes him even more valuable. i hear grimes turned down something like 20 million a year and wants at least 25 million. just not interested in JC plus Ochai for Grimes.

I really don’t know how to tell you that JC is not averaging 20 ppg. Like you can’t just say he is 20 ppg and 6th man and then claim I’m wrong because you actually meant 18.3 and a candidate.

Either way, it’s an incredibly surface way to view things. JC has had a terrible year, so has Ochai. And again, I’m not a Grimes guy, he has also struggled. But once upon a time he was the sticking point in a Mitchell trade.

Also, what you hear is literally impossible he could not have even been offered a contract. Him being on a rookie deal with team control at 23 years old is a better contract.

I am just saying. If you get another Laker pick and remove the protection of the 2027 pick - having two unencumbered post-Lebron Laker picks would be worth gold. It may make it even appealing to entice a future Luka trade with Dallas.
you really believe we could get the laker rookie hood, get them to remove their lottery 2027 draft pick 1-4 protections and another 1st unprotected for Sexton? i love sexton, but thats not a real offer by the Lakers.

Also... there is a report from Ian Bagley and others that it would take a significant package to get JC so for now I think DA is asking for a pick and Grimes... but that's a guess.

Yeah….I’ll believe it when I see it. And for the record, I think we probably see that by Jc not getting traded at all. There’s a difference between what we could get for JC and what it would take to get JC from us. Would not surprise me if we any to hold onto JC tight. I could see either side saying no to JC for Grimes because players can mean more or less to different teams.

My POV, I think Grimes has more league wide value than JC…and I say this after dunking on him most of this thread. JC+Ochai could be what it takes to get done. Otherwise, I think it’s much easier for NYK to go elsewhere.

For example, I think Brogdon is much more obtainable because POR should be much more willing to give him up than we would be with JC.

you really believe we could get the laker rookie hood, get them to remove their lottery 2027 draft pick 1-4 protections and another 1st unprotected for Sexton? i love sexton, but thats not a real offer by the Lakers.
Who knows but I think Ainge values those picks.

Yeah….I’ll believe it when I see it. And for the record, I think we probably see that by Jc not getting traded at all. There’s a difference between what we could get for JC and what it would take to get JC from us. Would not surprise me if we any to hold onto JC tight. I could see either side saying no to JC for Grimes because players can mean more or less to different teams.

My POV, I think Grimes has more league wide value than JC…and I say this after dunking on him most of this thread. JC+Ochai could be what it takes to get done. Otherwise, I think it’s much easier for NYK to go elsewhere.

For example, I think Brogdon is much more obtainable because POR should be much more willing to give him up than we would be with JC.
We'll see for sure. I don't think Portland is playing ball right now based on the reports and Brogdon likes it there supposedly. I think they SHOULD be moving him but IDK. I said in my older post the better value for that package is Brogdon... but they may not be interested in Grimes and may not have a third team willing to give a first (its hard to find teams in the 20s that could send a 1st).

I think if we hold on to JC its because we think his value goes up this offseason when his contract dips... or at least that is part of the reason.

Supposedly some weird **** going on in Sacramento.

Fox hasnt spoken to media in over 2 weeks.

They have a "leadership council" but whenever they lose they dont talk to the media and send out dudes like Keon Ellis instead.

Say goodbye to playoffs once we trade sexton and clarkson.

Or maybe DA is cooking something else?
I don’t think that DA would hamstring us like that. Not this year with so little at stake. I see Clarkson as the top trade candidate for the Grimes deal as he’s the closest modern day version of Jamaal Crawford - a straight bucket especially in the clutch. Due to his age, the perceived potential of Grimes and the draft asset, this is a deal I think Ainge will take (if he can get a first).

Sexton on the other hand is only just scratching the surface on the talent that Ainge envisioned when talks were in place prior to the Mitchell deal. He’s still relatively young and I just don’t see it happening.

Like a contender?
I think what they were referring to is a team with a dominant, unique big (Maarkanen / Jokic) and a walking bucket to play off of him (Trae Young / Murray).

Problem is...
Jokic >>>> Maarkanen
Murray >>>>>>>>> Trae Young

Also our role players don't match up to the quality of Denver's role players.

Gordon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any Jazz role player

So... it's comparable like Lady Gaga is to Taylor Swift. They are both singer, song writers. But man that TS has the country's balls in the palm of her hand where gaga is trying to be artsy fartsy.