What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I got really concerned about Ochai in Vegas. I know it's Summer League and a lot of the players end up working at Walmart, but he should have dominated at that level and really didn't. There are some NBA games where he looks OK and some just awful. Maybe I'm missing something, but I would not be shocked if he gets moved.
Ochai's stock has taken a nosedive lately. If he can't hit his 3's, he's not giving you much of anything. The occasional chasedown blocks are nice and flashy, but he's not a great on-ball defender 1-on-1 and has an amazing amount of trouble playing a simple zone, considering he was a 4 year college player.

He just doesn't seem to have any BBIQ.

I would like to point out the hypocrisy of some Jazz fans hating on Miles Bridges. The same fans vote for Donald Trump and glorify Karl Malone. Please have some consistency.
Not to rationalize it but there are some differences. I think a lot of fans don't glorify the mailman and would have a hard time watching him play with the stuff we know. Trump is a horrible person... so are like 90% of politicians. The two party system gives us a choice of 2 ****** people to be president (in most recent elections). Being a middling team and trading for a guy like Bridges who is not remorseful about his **** and has still been having some issues would be tough to stomach watching every night.

Its a ****** deal these days with everything we know about public figures. You are right we all have some levels of hypocrisy... I just think we should pass on this one.

Ochai's stock has taken a nosedive lately. If he can't hit his 3's, he's not giving you much of anything. The occasional chasedown blocks are nice and flashy, but he's not a great on-ball defender 1-on-1 and has an amazing amount of trouble playing a simple zone, considering he was a 4 year college player.

He just doesn't seem to have any BBIQ.
Here's a hot take... his stock was never that high... which is why you heard all the BS about him being untouchable and a starter etc. DA knew he was basic and wanted to flip him while he could get something good.

The car is pretty far off the lot though. Don't think we get much if we move him... I'm fine with keeping him but not banking on something clicking in or some nonsense.

I just don’t see how you can forgive one but not the other.
Personally... I don't forgive them per se. Not like they asking me. I hate that Mailman and Stock have both lost their shine in various ways. We are just stuck with it as those guys are woven into the fabric of the franchise history. With politics we are really given two ****** choices and there can be moral dilemmas.. its a Sofie's choice sometimes.

We have a lot of ways and choices when it comes to building the franchise. To willing chose to go for that guy is another level imo. I'm also not someone who would stop watching if we traded for him. It would just be gross... just like how its gross to have Karl be part of my fanhood and to have a President with as much ******** as Trump.

Just saying there are a lot of hard moral choices in life... choosing to take Miles Bridges off your trade board is an easy one for me.

Here's a hot take... his stock was never that high... which is why you heard all the BS about him being untouchable and a starter etc. DA knew he was basic and wanted to flip him while he could get something good.

The car is pretty far off the lot though. Don't think we get much if we move him... I'm fine with keeping him but not banking on something clicking in or some nonsense.
Ochai is a culture guy.

The Ochai hate is getting really strong. Some of you can give up on him if you want but it will be a big mistake. He is going to be a very very good 3 and D wing within the next few years.

I mean, he is good. He's played the best individual defense against stars on this team.

Hes one dimensional offensively, but he isn't a negative on the court. Teams respect his shot and he moves the ball well.
He's a negative on offense. He's fine on defense. I want him to be really good, not barely adequate. He's not some fresh faced 20 you rookie... dude is almost 24. His developmental ceiling is not far off unless he's an outlier as a prospect.

No need to move him... but if he's needed in a deal I wouldn't think twice.

So B/R thinks that Dejounte Murray to the Jazz is a possibility and that we would be the frontrunners in such a deal. Yes it is intriguing, however it means that all of a sudden that DA who has projected the Jazz as a Seller does a 180 to being a big time buyer. It would require at least two firsts and players as we'd be in competition with the Lakers. But he'd certainly be an upgrade at the point - B/R makes the case for his return to Floor General.

The whole DM discussion is a real head scratcher to me as: a) he doesn't appear to be the problem, and b) he has decent stats and has been on a tear recently. Watching him interact with Snyder, I think it has more to do with aloof persona which might also be interpreted as defiant. He doesn't always do what he's instructed to do. He might fit in better here or he might be the next THT dog in the doghouse.

Also I suspect that Snyder is pushing for a trade as it means draft capital and gives him a reprieve for the season.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106229-surprise-landing-spots-for-rumored-nba-trade-deadline-targets

He's a negative on offense. He's fine on defense. I want him to be really good, not barely adequate. He's not some fresh faced 20 you rookie... dude is almost 24. His developmental ceiling is not far off unless he's an outlier as a prospect.

No need to move him... but if he's needed in a deal I wouldn't think twice.
As a 5th guy on the court he's fine offensively. You can want him to be whatever, but he is what he is. He's going to improve on the margins at his 3pt shot and defense. He's perfectly fine for what he is. He isnt going to make or break any trade. He's a high character dude who's probably great to have around and can give star guards fits.

If Ochai can turn into a Royce O'Neale type, that's a perfectly fine return on your investment. Those types of players are always needed on contending teams. I doubt we could get a 1st for him, but he's a great piece to build a larger trade. He'll help out and not be useless wherever he winds up.

Personally... I don't forgive them per se. Not like they asking me. I hate that Mailman and Stock have both lost their shine in various ways. We are just stuck with it as those guys are woven into the fabric of the franchise history. With politics we are really given two ****** choices and there can be moral dilemmas.. its a Sofie's choice sometimes.

We have a lot of ways and choices when it comes to building the franchise. To willing chose to go for that guy is another level imo. I'm also not someone who would stop watching if we traded for him. It would just be gross... just like how its gross to have Karl be part of my fanhood and to have a President with as much ******** as Trump.

Sophie’s

Also, the thing Karl did was in the 80's. Not to excuse it, but he was from central Louisiana, which means he basically lived in the 1950's. He was on his Jerry Lee Lewis. The really ****ed up thing is how long he just acted like it didnt happen.

Not this again... I assume someone mentioned Giddey and now this thread is going to be filled ten pages of useless debate? I come here looking for rumors