What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I doubt the Knicks use their assets soon. They are probably still holding out hope for Donovan this this summer.
Teams can also use assets as placeholders. The Knicks may want to add a piece, especially now that Randle is said to be out for a few weeks.

The salary cap will now be lower than expected. Golden State is way into the tax. Would they be desperate enough to trade Wiggins for expiring contracts? He isn't a point guard, but he has enough talent that he helped GS win a championship. He is locked up for several years, might help us now, and could be a tradeable asset down the line. We get a decent player and they save a lot of money.
1706651923949.png

The salary cap will now be lower than expected. Golden State is way into the tax. Would they be desperate enough to trade Wiggins for expiring contracts? He isn't a point guard, but he has enough talent that he helped GS win a championship. He is locked up for several years, might help us now, and could be a tradeable asset down the line. We get a decent player and they save a lot of money.
View attachment 15909
You thought our defense was bad now. Add Wiggins. We might get teams to score 200 points on us a game.

You thought our defense was bad now. Add Wiggins. We might get teams to score 200 points on us a game.
How?

Wiggins is a great defender.

I wouldn't let GSW off that contract that easily, though.

How?

He is when he's locked in. He just doesn't love basketball I'm convinced. If you think he will be more motivated here than in GS and you can get some assets then maybe flip Collins for Wiggins but its a big bet.

How?

He's a great defender? Not this season. His offense is horrible this too this year. There's a reason he's on the bench. There's no way you trade 2 expiring for a contract like Wiggins. They'd have to add a 1st. We gave a first away for a 10 million dollar contract on Favors for 2 more years. Wiggins is 25-30 million for THREE more years. Absolutely horrible trade for the Jazz

You'd think Knicks/Pelicans would be making moves with all those picks. Both are kind of on the cusp of being threats to make it to the conference finals.
I’m sure they are trying. NY tried to unload 3 or four of them to us and Danny said no. Those firsts aren’t the most valuable picks for either team I think. Who knows though.

Only thing I want from gs is Kuminga
...And only thing GSW is willing to give us Kuminga for is Lauri. Not saying it's worth it but that's what on GSW’s mind right now. Maybe a few games back we had a chance but the window’s since closed quickly as the kid has been playing out of his mind

...And only thing GSW is willing to give us Kuminga for is Lauri. Not saying it's worth it but that's what on GSW’s mind right now. Maybe a few games back we had a chance but the window’s since closed quickly as the kid has been playing out of his mind
They have to give more then him.

He is when he's locked in. He just doesn't love basketball I'm convinced. If you think he will be more motivated here than in GS and you can get some assets then maybe flip Collins for Wiggins but its a big bet.
Yeah, he hasn't been good, and I'm not on board with the contract. Still doesn't think the problem will be that he makes our defense worse, though.

He's a great defender? Not this season. His offense is horrible this too this year. There's a reason he's on the bench. There's no way you trade 2 expiring for a contract like Wiggins. They'd have to add a 1st. We gave a first away for a 10 million dollar contract on Favors for 2 more years. Wiggins is 25-30 million for THREE more years. Absolutely horrible trade for the Jazz
They would absolutely have to give up more, yeah. Lots more too.