What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I think KO helps Ochai if anything, but since Ochai really needs good ball movement and/or spoonfeeding its fair to say Clarkson doesnt help him thrive. Ochai said that early last season he felt pressure to make all his shots as he got a very low amount of attempts whenever he played, so it could be that his slump is more of the same.

For George its different. He defers to JC and KO who sort of act as security blankets. At some point that band-aid must be ripped off. It likely wont be pretty when it happens, but it will be needed.
Currently Ochai's release dramatically changes if anyone makes a decent closeout to his jumper. No one is going to help him until he helps himself.

This is the way I see it

First I want KO traded. Not because he is not helping just feel like there is enough talent waiting in the wings that need some playing time. He IS NOT worth a first for. I am sorry. Might get a young guy who is under performing and salary filler. Maybe a second rounder.

Clarkson I want traded. Just because I get tired of his on again off again play style. He can win playoff games and he will lose you playoff games. He is worth a FRP. Probably a 20s pick but since he still has 2 years left at a very reasonable rate he is worth it. I also figure an under performing young guy too. Honestly the Knicks should offer the worst of their picks.

Sexton is my second favorite jazz player and I love the way he plays. Honestly I feel his energy helps make those around him better. I would only trade if the jazz get back a player that is a higher caliber player in return. That narrows the list considerable.

Sensabaugh could get trade for a good rotational player as a throw in young prospect.

George is a future building block no trading yet.

Hendricks shouldn't be traded unless his inclusion is bring back a top 30 player in the NBA.

Markkanen is not going to be traded unless someone offers a package like Gobert or Mitchell. I would hate it but I would understand. They only team with that type of talent is OKC. So not going to happen.

Collins I just dont see being traded but as his contract begins to wind down he will become much more valuable. I like what he brings to the team.

Dunn is a great defender and a player that could help a lot of yes come playoff time. He is playing more under control and if a decent offer comes sure trade him away. I really don't see him on the jazz in a couple of years anyway.

Fonticchio would have to be a very good offer because I love the way he plays and should be re-signed for a couple to a few years.

Agbaji I like but mann he is in a funk. He is nolonger untouchable. He is one of the reasons I want Clarkson traded so he can get his mojo back with consistent minutes.
Nailed it

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I think KO helps Ochai if anything, but since Ochai really needs good ball movement and/or spoonfeeding its fair to say Clarkson doesnt help him thrive. Ochai said that early last season he felt pressure to make all his shots as he got a very low amount of attempts whenever he played, so it could be that his slump is more of the same.

For George its different. He defers to JC and KO who sort of act as security blankets. At some point that band-aid must be ripped off. It likely wont be pretty when it happens, but it will be needed.
I think Ochai needs confidence more than anything. Including confidence from his coach

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Just some food for thought. Keyonte and Ochai might be playing horribly cause they have to play with KO and Clarkson. Man, I've liked Clarkson for years but I don't think he even cares anymore this year.... at least in Utah
So Ochai hitting the side of the backboard or airballing wide open corner 3s is KO and Clarkson's fault?

What's going on with LeBron?!?

More soap opera stuff from Hollywood or is it legit?

Last edited:
Now I'm all in on making a move before the deadline. Doesn't really matter if we are buying or selling. Now I'm kinda convinced that we are on course to just barely miss the playoffs AND convey our 11th or 12th overall pick to OKC.

The very definition of treading water in a wasted season unless we do something before the trade deadline.

Marc Stein said in his pod that Sexton is not likely to be traded. If that is the case, I applaud as long as we dont stay completely quiet. Making moves one way or the other has more urgency now than it had a year ago, since navigating the cap is gonna get trickier moving forward.

If we sell, it just has to be JC. We need to put more on Sexton's and George's plate to see if they are long term blocks and the only way to do that properly is to remove the guy who leads them in backcourt minutes and usage. KO is the 2nd option to be sold because of the expiring deal and there is no long term retention path if we ever want to play Hendricks (unless we sell Collins or Tech instead).

Marc Stein said in his pod that Sexton is not likely to be traded. If that is the case, I applaud as long as we dont stay completely quiet. Making moves one way or the other has more urgency now than it had a year ago, since navigating the cap is gonna get trickier moving forward.

If we sell, it just has to be JC. We need to put more on Sexton's and George's plate to see if they are long term blocks and the only way to do that properly is to remove the guy who leads them in backcourt minutes and usage. KO is the 2nd option to be sold because of the expiring deal and there is no long term retention path if we ever want to play Hendricks (unless we sell Collins or Tech instead).
The only person we absolutely have to trade is KO. Clarkson could easily have way more value on draft day, so I get not being in a hurry to trade him. If you can't leverage teams being horny at the deadline just wait on JC I guess.

The only person we absolutely have to trade is KO. Clarkson could easily have way more value on draft day, so I get not being in a hurry to trade him. If you can't leverage teams being horny at the deadline just wait on JC I guess.
Yeah JC deal is gonna be really easy to sell going forward, but just to maximize development/assessment on Sexton and George I would rather put more on their plates now to be more informed come the offseason. I guess you could do that via minutes distribution, but Hardy doesnt seem willing to cut JC minutes regardless of how he plays.

So if I'm DA, I'd be inclined to remove the vet who the coach plays over the two much younger guys who have shown promise... Same applies for KO in a sense, but removing him hurts us lot more on depth as he and Lauri are the two guys that can be moved around more flexibly while Collins and Kessler arent really that flexible and almost have to sub only for each other.