What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Yeah JC deal is gonna be really easy to sell going forward, but just to maximize development/assessment on Sexton and George I would rather put more on their plates now to be more informed come the offseason. I guess you could do that via minutes distribution, but Hardy doesnt seem willing to cut JC minutes regardless of how he plays.

So if I'm DA, I'd be inclined to remove the vet who the coach plays over the two much younger guys who have shown promise... Same applies for KO in a sense, but removing him hurts us lot more on depth as he and Lauri are the two guys that can be moved around more flexibly while Collins and Kessler arent really that flexible and almost have to sub only for each other.
Sexton and Keyonte already have more than they can handle

We need Grimes. The Knicks put him on Mitchell and Butler last postseason. He held Mitchell to 27% shooting and Butler to 30.8% shooting. He wouldn't let Maxey clown us. Plus he's a RFA in 2025 so he could be long-term.

We need Grimes. The Knicks put him on Mitchell and Butler last postseason. He held Mitchell to 27% shooting and Butler to 30.8% shooting. He wouldn't let Maxey clown us. Plus he's a RFA in 2025 so he could be long-term.
The issue is that the Knicks might be operating like Grimes has the value he showed to end last year instead of the value he has shown this year.

He's a weird player to me. He's very up and down dating back to his college days.

View: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1753295880197960073

So a very late pick this year, a middle of the 2nd round pick and probably a middle of the 2nd round pick next year?

They still have a couple good ones they can give if they want KO. Contracts get a little wonky. The Grizzz want that bad pick to help manage the cap next year. Guys on a second round deal are less than the minimum. That’s my thinking anyway… in addition to moving Adams money.

It is starting to feel like Ainge is trying so hard to maximize another team's offer beyond what is reasonable that we might lose out on making any deals by the trade deadline. They don't all have to be home runs to benefit the team.

It is starting to feel like Ainge is trying so hard to maximize another team's offer beyond what is reasonable that we might lose out on making any deals by the trade deadline. They don't all have to be home runs to benefit the team.
Ainge definitely knows that all deals don’t have to be home runs. That’s why we’ve got John Collins, THT, KO, and previously acquired NAW.

"There are a few playoff-contending teams that have discussed the possibility of a trade centered around Olynyk with Utah, sources said. It appears unlikely that the Jazz would receive a first-round pick for the veteran big man. For Clarkson, there are teams willing to offer a first-round pick and some second-round value for his services. The Jazz currently have a logjam of talent in their backcourt with Clarkson, Collin Sexton, Kris Dunn, and rookie Keyonte George. Always known for his scoring abilities, Clarkson would be an immediate upgrade to any team's bench unit."

"There are a few playoff-contending teams that have discussed the possibility of a trade centered around Olynyk with Utah, sources said. It appears unlikely that the Jazz would receive a first-round pick for the veteran big man. For Clarkson, there are teams willing to offer a first-round pick and some second-round value for his services. The Jazz currently have a logjam of talent in their backcourt with Clarkson, Collin Sexton, Kris Dunn, and rookie Keyonte George. Always known for his scoring abilities, Clarkson would be an immediate upgrade to any team's bench unit."

If we can get a 1st and some seconds for KO and Clarkson, please just do it. I can't watch anymore 50 point barrages on our second unit

I would ask for 2nds as far out as possible and ask for more, ie 3 not 2. Useful when paying luxury taxes. Can be bundled up to move up the 2nd round ever so slightly.

No it isn’t, dude.

80% of trades happen on the day of the trade deadline. Ainge has built two perennial championship caliber teams. He has a vision and a plan. He plotted the KG acquisition four years in advance. He’s hyper competitive. We’re in good hands.

Is there a chance the Knicks trade for Clarkson and Olynyk? Robinson is out for the year and his salary plus Fournier’s salary works. Knicks add a first and a second in the deal. Not sure they trade Robinson but you never know.

Is there a chance the Knicks trade for Clarkson and Olynyk? Robinson is out for the year and his salary plus Fournier’s salary works. Knicks add a first and a second in the deal. Not sure they trade Robinson but you never know.
Give us Grimes + pick + Fournier and I'd do it

Last I heard the Knicks were high on Robinsons development and also his playoff impact potential that he showed in the series against Cavs.

I'm happy for this trade season to be over. Although regardless of the trade or lack of trade, I'll have to endure a lot of upset posts about it from a certain segment.