What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Thats a shame. I would love to have him but not "at any cost".

On the other hand, nice to hear we are active on the buyers market as long as its not just smoke and mirrors.
Mikal scares me because he costs near superstar value but doesn't have close to a superstar impact.

Zach Lowe and Chris Herring had a trade pod.

No Jazz talk outside of mentioning Clarkson during a Knicks segment.

Lowe made it sound like the Knicks will probably take whoever takes the least amount of draft compensation (out of the players they like). So whoever wants less picks between Utah for Clarkson/Toronto for Brown?

No interest in him. I’d rather trade for an actual star. I’d rather wait till the mavs implode and Luka asks for a trade. Mikal isn’t going to help us contend he’s not an Alfa #1 option

Trading for an "alpha #1 option" is not an easy thing to do. In fact, the Jazz have never traded for anyone of that caliber. So you might have to wait for another hundred years.

Trading for an "alpha #1 option" is not an easy thing to do. In fact, the Jazz have never traded for anyone of that caliber. So you might have to wait for another hundred years.
Plus there are a handful of teams hording capital (players and picks) waiting for a star to come available. Even when that star is available he'll have option and some say in where he goes. Its just not likely that we are going to get a top star.

Plus there are a handful of teams hording capital (players and picks) waiting for a star to come available. Even when that star is available he'll have option and some say in where he goes. Its just not likely that we are going to get a top star.

Exactly. You have to of course try and go for it, but you can't rely on that as your main strategy.

We also have never been equipped like we are now with assets about ready to burst out the *** to use in trades. If a star comes available the only team that can out bid us is OKC.

And that's why you trade for a guy like Bridges. Because having Lauri and some other dudes isn't enough for a star to be convinced it's a championship team. Whereas Lauri, Bridges and some other dudes (plus still lots of picks) looks different to a Luka or anyone.

I don't follow him closely, so is he mainly a sf, and how much has he played sg position? Asking for a friend that would like to us also go after Deni Avdija in the rfa unless Wizards trades him out, so could you play Deni and Mikal together?

Deni signed a reasonable extension. Bridges and Lauri are both off the ball offensive players. You would need a ball dominate pg to balance things out. In other words it would work defensively but offensively you would need someone to step forward.

Mikal scares me because he costs near superstar value but doesn't have close to a superstar impact.
And that’s the problem. We get him we aren’t getting a star and we are damn near in the same position we were in before we blew it up. The only difference would be all the picks we have but if we pay Markkanen and make a trade for bridges I don’t think we have room to add a star.

Putting all the tea leaves together......

I think the Jazz are trying to upgrade Sexton and Clarkson more than anything. If that's through a big assets package, they will take it, but I think with the Jrur/Dame interest, and now the Dejounte interest, it's clear. Utah does not believe in Sexton overall. He will be traded this deadline or in the off-season. I

"The Jazz are active in the market, with Jordan Clarkson, Kelly Olynyk and Collin Sexton routinely described as available assets. Interestingly, the talks suggested by sources are not for future draft capital. The Jazz, sources say, called the Nets to inquire about Mikal Bridges, though they found the same impossibly high bar to clear in return.

Utah seems to be pursuing upgrades to the roster and not rebuilding moves.

Olynyk, in particular, is highly sought after in the market. He’s a backup center in a market in which everyone wants size help for the playoffs who can also shoot, pass and defend. Miami has shown interest in Olynyk in the past, though with their recent seven-game slide, one source said, “No one knows what the hell Miami is going to do in the next week, as much as we know what any team will do."

I still have this creeping feeling that Trae Young will be a Utah Jazz player by next off-season.

Just feel like with him missing the ASG and the Hawks sucking it's a perfect storm for his value to be low enough the Jazz can throw a really enticing offer that will be hard to turn down.