What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I could be wrong but I think this will be a meh deadline for us and the NBA. Teams did work early this year.

I think DA finally acquires some seconds this deadline and moves KO. He can’t stay quiet over a deadline. I think they settle in a Ic trade only if they have plans to use space this offseason.

After talking with my close personal friend Andy Larsen… I’m more convinced than ever that they don’t have some master plan and are just kind of value based and not necessarily sure of what way they will go. This is gap year number 2 and we will have two more unless they can trade for a big time difference maker or move Lauri and fall in the top 5 of the lotto.
One thing Andy said in the pod and was pretty clear about tho was that they want to convey the pick to OKC this year.

Thats sort of like a plan or a direction... at least for this specific DL.

One thing Andy said in the pod and was pretty clear about tho was that they want to convey the pick to OKC this year.

That would be one reason why I don’t see trading KO for seconds.

It's apparently between the Jazz and the Lakers for Murray. I'm assuming our package is centered around Sexton (as it makes more sense for them to want him over JC), sadly.

It's apparently between the Jazz and the Lakers for Murray. I'm assuming our package is centered around Sexton (as it makes more sense for them to want him over JC), sadly.
Why would they want Sexton over JC. A sexton Trae backcourt is way less than ideal. Let’s just trade sexton For Trae

Trading KO just for the sake of trading him and doing something and getting some seconds sends a bad message to the team. They knew it's a business, they got over blowing things up last year, but what does trading KO for some junk tell them now?

If there's a lot of movement and other players get traded as well (and maybe there's some incomings as well), then sure, it might make more sense.

I know this has been mentioned but rumor is the jazz made an offer for Murray. Are there any rumors as to what the offer was.
I asked Andy but no specific package has been mentioned. He speculated Clarkson due to the Quin connection there. I speculated KO due to his expiring salary.

Sexton would only make sense if they are wanting to flip him for additional assets because they’d get less from us if he was included vs KO or Clarkson.

Jeff Hornacek is a good example that we traded to get (Jeff Malone).
Yeah. Unfortunately right now we have the Robins, but we need to add the Batman.

<Nerd alert> screw Batman and bring us the Kryptonians like Superman
Eh, there are only a bare handful of kryptonians, and they are way too expensive and entitled to come to Utah. But it's been proven that a couple batmans can take down a Superman.

If Atlanta was choosing between LAL and Jazz who would they want in return? D'lo (nope), Clarkson (meh) or Sexton(yes). So is it really just LAL DLo + a pick (the 2009 - wow) versus Sexton + 1 pick (2025 Minny - meh) for Dejounte?

If Atlanta was choosing between LAL and Jazz who would they want in return? D'lo (nope), Clarkson (meh) or Sexton(yes). So is it really just LAL DLo + a pick (the 2009 - wow) versus Sexton + 1 pick (2025 Minny - meh) for Dejounte?
Atlanta is a team that I could see wanting JC. Quin loves JC and JC loves Quin.

I would guess JC plus 2 picks. 1 protected and 1 unprotected.

That would be one reason why I don’t see trading KO for seconds.
The thing I got from Andy was just kinda the stuckness. I'm still not sure the team has a huge preference. I'm not sure KO has a huge impact on our pursuit of the play in unless there are injuries. If you listen to episode 2 you will know that "early seconds are the new late firsts". They are much easier to acquire right now and on draft night you can flip the 35th or 36th pick plus a second for a late first (as 50% of the picks between 20-30 are Stepien restricted right now). Its also easier to give a first when you know its the 25-30th pick and you have an idea of who will be available around that part of the draft. So if we get a couple seconds and one is in the 30s as of right now... go ahead and just call that a late first... cuz it is.