What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I mean, who are they? I actually don't know who they are in relation to the team?
Dan does some of the Spanish broadcasts (or did) and started slc dunk. He got irritated with me when I suggested the Ingles deal was a money deal and NAW as a prospect was more of a flyer than the reason for the deal. He was pushing that he'd be a rotation player immediately and that money didn't even factor in... he was dead wrong on both accounts. He also got huffy with me on the Sabonis/Tyrese deal. He didn't think Tyrese could be an all-star... well.

Where did this Deni for one pick talk come from? That definitely isn't happening unless it is around the draft and known to be a really good pick.

You know....as great as Sexton has played, it really doesn't seem like the FO or Hardy believe in him very much,
Not sure what happened with the playing time last night but I think Hardy believes in Collin... unless his monologue on Collin was puffery to pump him or his value up. I think Jake gets outdated rumors but Collin's name has consistently been brought up by other rumor mongers.

I think he available in some ways but it would cost way more than like JC. Could be wrong. I can see some thinking in "we like Collin but think he is playing better than he actually is" type of sell high idea maybe. I would be frustrated with them if they move him.

Where did this Deni for one pick talk come from? That definitely isn't happening unless it is around the draft and known to be a really good pick.
my butt... it came from my butt. It is still as trustworthy as some of the sources though.

Not sure what happened with the playing time last night but I think Hardy believes in Collin... unless his monologue on Collin was puffery to pump him or his value up. I think Jake gets outdated rumors but Collin's name has consistently been brought up by other rumor mongers.

I think he available in some ways but it would cost way more than like JC. Could be wrong. I can see some thinking in "we like Collin but think he is playing better than he actually is" type of sell high idea maybe. I would be frustrated with them if they move him.
I don't think "belief" is a factor here. Sexton is just a tough guy to build around because he's very small, needs the ball a lot, isn't a PG and gets frustrated playing off the bench. Not many guys like that in the league these days. He's really been in an ideal situation with the Jazz lately and I don't see any other team offering him a similar role – unless they're tanking and need someone to entertain a disangaged fanbase.

D-Lo had 29 last night and 8 threes... he heard the rumors of being moved to Utah (the rumors my butt started) and he decided to turn it up.

I don't think "belief" is a factor here. Sexton is just a tough guy to build around because he's very small, needs the ball a lot, isn't a PG and gets frustrated playing off the bench. Not many guys like that in the league these days. He's really been in an ideal situation with the Jazz lately and I don't see any other team offering him a similar role – unless they're tanking and need someone to entertain a disangaged fanbase.
I still have yet to see Sexton get "frustrated" playing off the bench but I've never been great at reading body language. You might get your wish if Ainge deals him for Miles Bridges.

Can't wait for all this trade deadline talk to be over.

Kinda ironic that the 2 players Fischer mentioned in his article today were Bridges and Dejounte Murray who both just happen to be klutch clients like Clarkson, Sexton and THT. Maybe spoon feeding all those minutes to THT at the beginning of the season will pay off for Danny boy.

Hard pass. According to Fischer we're one of several teams who called about Bridges. Bridges has a no-trade clause so can't believe he would be interested in Utah.

Eh….Im still kind of baffled by Hardy’s short leash on Collin. Key is a rookie who plays like a rookie and he doesn’t seem to have a longer leash. Compare that to Sexton and the way he’s playing…just doesn’t seem like they have a ton of confidence either. Earlier in the season, it also seemed like Hardy was giving every chance to THT and Key to take that spot over Sexton. With the way he’s played, you would think he’d have a leash like Clarkson but that just doesn’t seem to be the case.

They might have changed their tone on him since Sexton started playing better….but my guess is that they are still relatively low on him. Sexton played well last year as well, but it didn’t seem like he earned any trust.

Total speculation, but it wouldn’t surprise me if DA was looking at this hot streak as a means to trade while stock is high rather than changing his opinion and trying to build around Sexton.

That miles bridge tweet is trolling. They would have to give us picks to take that dude and waive him