What's new

Predict the Talen Horton-Tucker trade

Not sure why this got so many likes. I don’t know what Simone doing on his Italian team has to do with what he does in the NBA. If you watch him off the dribble it doesn’t look comfortable and looks awkward in the NBA.

Simone is great for what he is but he is the guy I would currently look at upgrading first.
I dont think you're actually familiar with his game and thats okay.

Not sure why this got so many likes. I don’t know what Simone doing on his Italian team has to do with what he does in the NBA. If you watch him off the dribble it doesn’t look comfortable and looks awkward in the NBA.

Simone is great for what he is but he is the guy I would currently look at upgrading first.
I gave that post a like because I too have noticed that he has gotten quite good at dribble drives to the pain. Does it pretty much every game. Had two such buckets last night.
I really see no weakness in his game other than passing and I think that is by design. They want him to shoot rather than pass. He is a good defender, rebounder, shooter, driver...... Dude has it all pretty much. might even be some more potential growth to unlock as well.

What are we thinking for an extension price on Simone? The way you guys are talking he is probably going to cost 15M+ a year, no?
Maybe. I would rather have tech than clarkson if salaries are the same.

The only reason the Jazz would simply dump THT for a single second is either if it's a very quality 2nd rounder or if there is significant agent pressure to do so.

Otherwise it would be wise to keep him.

I gave that post a like because I too have noticed that he has gotten quite good at dribble drives to the pain. Does it pretty much every game. Had two such buckets last night.
I really see no weakness in his game other than passing and I think that is by design. They want him to shoot rather than pass. He is a good defender, rebounder, shooter, driver...... Dude has it all pretty much. might even be some more potential growth to unlock as well.
If you really think so I might have to pay closer attention to it. I might be wrong and missing his amazing play off the dribble. I will keep an eye on it going forward.

Locke said Simone's D on Jamal Murray was one of the underrated keys to the Denver game.

There’s a difference between a guy who has been doing it for many years and a guy who has been doing it for many months. Trade value takes time to build.
If you couldn’t tell I was being sarcastic.

I thought of Delon and Burks are targets to reroute….but I’m kinda getting behind the idea that we should just keep them if we traded them for THT. Things are going amazing right now and I think we’ve improved our baseline level, but they will get tough again at some point and we will realize that Dunn is the place to improve. Delon and Burks might not be that much better, but could work as alternatives to Dunn in the starting lineup next to Sexton.

Both guys are old and might be a little cooked, but Burks is still a strong shooter and Delon can still defend both positions well. I think they will offer more to this team than THT who we will not resign anyways.

What are we thinking for an extension price on Simone? The way you guys are talking he is probably going to cost 15M+ a year, no?
I have no idea. It depends on how he finishes the season, how he plays in the playoffs, and how much he likes Utah vs other offers. But I could see close to the MLE if he keeps playing how he has lately. He is a very good compliment player. He doesnt need touches, he is very consistent shooter, he hustles a ton, he plays solid defense, can drive a little bit, and is athletic.

I have zero interest in DFS for Simone. Simone fits extremely well on this team and I think Hendricks is perfect to step into that DFS type roles next season. We have also seen the best of what DFS can do and it is solid but I think he has clearly fallen off as a defender over the last few years.