What's new

Predict the Talen Horton-Tucker trade

I do really like Cy’s idea of trading for Caruso but at a reasonable price of course. The reported two firsts for him is too much.

I have no idea. It depends on how he finishes the season, how he plays in the playoffs, and how much he likes Utah vs other offers. But I could see close to the MLE if he keeps playing how he has lately. He is a very good compliment player. He doesnt need touches, he is very consistent shooter, he hustles a ton, he plays solid defense, can drive a little bit, and is athletic.
I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just higher on DFS than others because I agree with you on this but I just think he’s the most obvious upgrade in the starting lineup if we wanted to be buyers.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just higher on DFS than others because I agree with you on this but I just think he’s the most obvious upgrade in the starting lineup if we wanted to be buyers.
I am happy to upgrade him. He would be great coming off the bench as well. It really depends on what we get back or who we are getting. At some point he is nice to have if you have other guys coming in that need the ball more. If we have another star touches get limited and you need guys like him. I think we could use an upgrade in our starting lineup at every position besides Lauri though.

Realistically we cant be super picky who we upgrade we need to upgrade when someone is available. If its a Guard great! If its a Forward Great!

I dont know what his trade value is around the league but I would guess still a little low and he is likely more valuable to us that what we would get in return. But I could be wrong on that scouts are pretty good at their jobs.

The Nets have slipped to the 10th seed. If they continue to flounder, I’d seriously consider making a push for Mikal Bridges. What’s the point of having the draft arsenal if you’re not going to use it?
Isn’t Brooklyn thinking the same thing?

I am happy to upgrade him. He would be great coming off the bench as well. It really depends on what we get back or who we are getting. At some point he is nice to have if you have other guys coming in that need the ball more. If we have another star touches get limited and you need guys like him. I think we could use an upgrade in our starting lineup at every position besides Lauri though.

Realistically we cant be super picky who we upgrade we need to upgrade when someone is available. If its a Guard great! If its a Forward Great!

I dont know what his trade value is around the league but I would guess still a little low and he is likely more valuable to us that what we would get in return. But I could be wrong on that scouts are pretty good at their jobs.
I agree but to upgrade someone like Sexton it would be really hard because that level of player likely isn’t available. Same goes for upgrading Dunn. Just for what they bring to the table.

I thought of Delon and Burks are targets to reroute….but I’m kinda getting behind the idea that we should just keep them if we traded them for THT. Things are going amazing right now and I think we’ve improved our baseline level, but they will get tough again at some point and we will realize that Dunn is the place to improve. Delon and Burks might not be that much better, but could work as alternatives to Dunn in the starting lineup next to Sexton.

Both guys are old and might be a little cooked, but Burks is still a strong shooter and Delon can still defend both positions well. I think they will offer more to this team than THT who we will not resign anyways.
AB
#TheReturn

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I think it would make more sense for them to tank and rebuild.
Maybe that makes more sense, but what they should be thinking and what they are thinking are two separate things.

If AB was still a good defender, you wouldn’t be able to trade him for THT. But he’s still a decent high volume shooter that could provide a contrast to Dunn.

Delon would be more of a like for like alternative to Dunn.

THT isn't going to get traded. THT is an expiring 11 mill contract. We don't want bad contracts for him and nobody is going to give a first for him so he's going to expire and we'll have 11 mill of crap relief next season

With DFS. He’s good but better on a team with a heliocentric player. His role is play defense and shoot open threes. He’s started to lose his fastball imo. I would rather have Tech for the next three years than DFS.

Tech does more things on offense and is a better fit for what we do. He’s a good defender but not on DFS level when he was at his peak. That’s okay cuz we ain’t trying to contend. Someone will pay more in trade for DFS because he fits that mold on a title team. It’s why a straight up deal isn’t likely in the cards. It takes a while to establish “trade value” it really shouldn’t but that’s how it is.

Tech is likely getting a deal at or around the taxpayer MLE imo. It will be a tremendous value and something we can flip later. I’m not really looking to improve on that spot through trade. Eventually you hope Tay Henny moves into his or Collins spot or that Kessler is the starter and Taylor takes the other frontcourt spot.

Long story short… the next 3-4 years of Tech will be better value and better play for us than DFS and DFS likely requires a first unless they want some sort of KO or JC swap that’s just about balancing their roster.

Murray is the only guy I’m truly interested in and I’m almost surely not paying the market price for what he will go for. Dunn gives us enough from that type of role right now. Murray is somewhat unique as a big pg so I’d understand us disrupting what we are doing to trade for him. He may be the second biggest name that is moved and his price could be the highest because of his contract. If his price is low you almost have to. I think the Lakers will come with Reaves and a pick so that might be the floor offer you have to beat.

Murray is the only guy I’m truly interested in and I’m almost surely not paying the market price for what he will go for. Dunn gives us enough from that type of role right now. Murray is somewhat unique as a big pg so I’d understand us disrupting what we are doing to trade for him. He may be the second biggest name that is moved and his price could be the highest because of his contract. If his price is low you almost have to. I think the Lakers will come with Reaves and a pick so that might be the floor offer you have to beat.
Murray is fools gold. Why do you think it hasn’t worked in Atlanta

Murray is fools gold. Why do you think it hasn’t worked in Atlanta
Because Trae is cubic zirconia. Murray is good… he’s not the **** down defender he once was but he’s good and fits well with lots of backcourt iterations.

Because Trae is cubic zirconia. Murray is good… he’s not the **** down defender he once was but he’s good and fits well with lots of backcourt iterations.
Like here’s a fools gold element to him if you think he’s a 20/10 guy… I don’t think he has that kind of effect on the game but I think he’s still a mini step below the borderline all stars. He’s a top 10 pg? Maybe lower but he’s in that neighborhood and if he does get a boost from being a pg full time again maybe he takes a step forward. It’s just hard to turn our noses at Murray when Dunn is the starter (I like him but he was out of the league and is on a minimum).