What's new

Preference for final roster move for the Jazz (poll)

Which move would you make (can choose up to 3)?

• Bogdanovic for Eric Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bogdanovic & Azubuike for Eric Gordon & Jae'Sean Tate

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Ingles for Josh Hart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Azubuike (+2nd round pick perhaps?) for Kenrich Williams

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Sign Kris Dunn, cut Oni

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Sign Dante Exum, cut Oni

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Sign James Ennis, Cut Oni

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, cut Oni

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Ingles for Larry Nance Jr & CJ Elleby, plus cut Oni

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keep who we have

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters

idiot

Assume all of these (generally luxury-tax neutral) moves are available for the Jazz. Which would you do?

Last edited:
Sign Dunn and cut Oni. What’s the argument against this? The only argument is a hypothetical one (“what about _____’s minutes?”)

But if it were me, I’d make all of these moves…

Sign Dunn, cut Oni.
Trade Udoka into cap space, sign Aminu.
Trade Hughes into cap space, sign RHJ.

Have 14 guys who can soak up NBA minutes. If you combine the potential benefits of Oni, Udoka and Hughes, would that even exceed the potential benefits of any of the three former guys by themselves?

I would probably do the Azubuike/Kenrich Williams deal.
I might also look at James Ennis to replace Miye Oni, though there's some value in Oni knowing the system and being comfortable with his role.

I wouldn't trade Bogey unless Bogey + protected pick could get me a real impact player. Eric Gordon is pretty washed. I'd keep tabs on Jerami Grant and maybe Jonathan Isaac if he can come back from his injuries.

Sign Dunn and cut Oni. What’s the argument against this? The only argument is a hypothetical one (“what about _____’s minutes?”)

But if it were me, I’d make all of these moves…

Sign Dunn, cut Oni.
Trade Udoka into cap space, sign Aminu.
Trade Hughes into cap space, sign RHJ.

Have 14 guys who can soak up NBA minutes. If you combine the potential benefits of Oni, Udoka and Hughes, would that even exceed the potential benefits of any of the three former guys by themselves?

I think any of three of those players actually being NBA level players still is hypothetical and so are the guys you have them replacing.

I would rather take my bets on developing the younger unproven players or even G-League guys who have never gotten a shot than the vets who the rest of the league has given up on.

I don't think we're in a a bad position were we are. If we sit on this roster I think we're not the favorite but still very much a contender. The west is look fairly weak this year.

My ultimate preference would be to trade two of our wings for one, highly unlikely because everyone wants to make a consolidation move. Maybe we can finagle ourselves into the Ben Simmons trade (not receiving Ben of course). Otherwise I can't see it.

I would also be open to 1 for 1 type of deal, trading an offensive player for a more defensive/utility player. This is especially the case if Gay comes back looking good. I think we having both Clarkson and Bogey is a good luxury, but we have more pressing needs on the defensive end come playoff time. No interest in moving Ingles in that type of deal. He's a better player and better fit than both Bogey/Clarkson IMO. I would target guys like Smart, Hart, and Anderson and see what kind of deal is available. I'd also put Covington and Nance in this category if things go awry in POR.

As far as the end of the roster, I don't think these moves the needle in terms of winning a championship. I would rather reserve these spots for younger/untested players than retread veterans. You don't get an Ingles, O'Neale, Niang ect if you don't have roster spots for them. I like Oni and think he proved enough last year to earn his spot on the team. If he gets a little bit better on both ends I think he can be a valuable rotation player. Hughes I'm sort of indifferent on, but I'm not upset about him taking a roster spot. I think Dok has the least chance of ever making it out of all players on the roster and would definitely move him for a better prospect if available....but it's hard to trade a guy who has done nothing in his career. I'm lower on Forrest than most, but I do think he's good enough for a roster spot. If all we end up doing is promote him to a real roster spot at the end of the year I don't have a problem with it.

I've been an Oni hater from way back, but the one thing we geniuses on this board don't know is if he is a positive locker room presence or not. It might be that cutting him might upset everyone on the team.

Eww, Eric Gordon is completely toasted. He’s done, and doesn’t add anything beneficial even if he does have gas left in the tank.

Besides the end of bench signings, the only moves that make sense are swapping Bogie for a better player/fit like Jerami Grant, and/or upgrading Royce.

I don't think we're in a a bad position were we are. If we sit on this roster I think we're not the favorite but still very much a contender. The west is look fairly weak this year.

My ultimate preference would be to trade two of our wings for one, highly unlikely because everyone wants to make a consolidation move. Maybe we can finagle ourselves into the Ben Simmons trade (not receiving Ben of course). Otherwise I can't see it.

I would also be open to 1 for 1 type of deal, trading an offensive player for a more defensive/utility player. This is especially the case if Gay comes back looking good. I think we having both Clarkson and Bogey is a good luxury, but we have more pressing needs on the defensive end come playoff time. No interest in moving Ingles in that type of deal. He's a better player and better fit than both Bogey/Clarkson IMO. I would target guys like Smart, Hart, and Anderson and see what kind of deal is available. I'd also put Covington and Nance in this category if things go awry in POR.

As far as the end of the roster, I don't think these moves the needle in terms of winning a championship. I would rather reserve these spots for younger/untested players than retread veterans. You don't get an Ingles, O'Neale, Niang ect if you don't have roster spots for them. I like Oni and think he proved enough last year to earn his spot on the team. If he gets a little bit better on both ends I think he can be a valuable rotation player. Hughes I'm sort of indifferent on, but I'm not upset about him taking a roster spot. I think Dok has the least chance of ever making it out of all players on the roster and would definitely move him for a better prospect if available....but it's hard to trade a guy who has done nothing in his career. I'm lower on Forrest than most, but I do think he's good enough for a roster spot. If all we end up doing is promote him to a real roster spot at the end of the year I don't have a problem with it.
I’m still wicked curious about the specifics of any Hart trade proposal. Care to connect the dots this time around?

I’m still wicked curious about the specifics of any Hart trade proposal. Care to connect the dots this time around?

If I answer this same question again you’ll make it up anyways. You got me I’m a dodger!

If I answer this same question again you’ll make it up anyways. You got me I’m a dodger!
No seriously. My mind is open. But I see that you’ve been too abstract for me to be convinced. Please, get real and throw out a proposal with specifics.

No seriously. My mind is open. But I see that you’ve been too abstract for me to be convinced. Please, get real and throw out a proposal with specifics.

The last time I did give you answer you made something up for yourself, so I don't see the point. Seems like the point of making things up out of thin air like you don't actually need anyone else to do that. You got yourself and then the thing out of your imagination that you're arguing against. Why do you need me?

Eric Gordon still has some left in the tank. He could be a pretty good option off the bench on a winning team.

Jae-sean Tate is a potential All-Nba defender, fits an absolute need on the perimeter and he is strong aroud the rim which is also what Jazz lack. Also has a good shot profile for a role player. Shooting is a problem but, I don't think it would hijack the offense. Also not a bad passer.

Tate would also make small ball possible in non-Rudy minutes.

Mitchell
Royce
Tate
Gay
Paschall

Could be a pretty good line-up.

The last time I did give you answer you made something up for yourself, so I don't see the point. Seems like the point of making things up out of thin air like you don't actually need anyone else to do that. You got yourself and then the thing out of your imagination that you're arguing against. Why do you need me?
New thread. New day. And, besides, I’m pretty sure you don’t actually believe that you were blameless with respect to the causes and consequences of our interaction the other day. Thatd be seriously silly.

So, specifics?

New thread. New day. And, besides, I’m pretty sure you don’t actually believe that you were blameless with respect to the causes and consequences of our interaction the other day. Thatd be seriously silly.

So, specifics?

I would say Josh Hart and a at least one first...but I agree that is too ambiguous. I'll accept some responsibility there. "At least one first" could very easily be mistaken for a 2nd round pick.