What's new

Pretty good write up on Rodney Hood

Hood is well ahead of schedule.

He did a lot of boneheaded late game stuff in November and appears to have made substantial month-over-month growth. Good reason to hope he'll peak earlier than average and coincide with our other guys.

but Hood is sooooo old, guis.

Thats one of the reasons he fell to #23..

He'll be turning 26 months after the summer his rookie deal runs out, so they can keep him here til he's 30 on just 2 contracts.

His #'s would really be catching eyes if he didn't start out so cold from 3 this season too.

In the off season a bunch of you numb-skulls were pissing yourselves about Gobert's reported 15 foot jumper. I told y'all I didn't care cuz I would rather he put pressure on the rim, dragged a defender under the basket, and opened that shot up for our wings. Some of you freaked out and swore that I didn't understand bball. Go read that article

Only part I dont like so far is the first few paragraphs it says Hood was a "versatile defender". Wasn't he known as a crap defender coming out of college? I mean, a lot of that was probably playing PF while Parker played center, but it's not like he was lauded for his defensive potential.

Only part I dont like so far is the first few paragraphs it says Hood was a "versatile defender". Wasn't he known as a crap defender coming out of college? I mean, a lot of that was probably playing PF while Parker played center, but it's not like he was lauded for his defensive potential.

You answered your own question. A guy that can guard 2-4 in college is a versatile defender. The author didn't say he was a lock down defender or superb defender just a versatile one.

In the off season a bunch of you numb-skulls were pissing yourselves about Gobert's reported 15 foot jumper. I told y'all I didn't care cuz I would rather he put pressure on the rim, dragged a defender under the basket, and opened that shot up for our wings. Some of you freaked out and swore that I didn't understand bball. Go read that article
Ya having a guy like Gobert that stays around the rim is a different way of spreading the floor. It opens up shots from the outside... Much like a beal, korver, etc opens up shots on the inside

So some of you bash Buddy Hield because of his age but Hood was a steal in the draft even though he was older also? whats sense does this make really?

Parker played center only for stretches of games at Duke..

So some of you bash Buddy Hield because of his age but Hood was a steal in the draft even though he was older also? whats sense does this make really?

Do you think Buddy Hield's gonna be a better NBA player than Hood? I don't.

Hield is sure to go higher than 23, so the chances of Hield being better value to his team, than Hood is to Utah, are very low. IMO

Do you think Buddy Hield's gonna be a better NBA player than Hood? I don't.

Hield is sure to go higher than 23, so the chances of Hield being better value to his team, than Hood is to Utah, are very low. IMO

Yep sure do.. I think Buddy Hield is going be a starter and borderline allstar. Don't se Hood as that type of player...You might want to check into Buddy Hield a little more. This kid is a gym rat with a work ethic second to none. I thought you Jazz fans loved gym rats with an incredible work ethic since your best player ever was this way, Stockton. You are sleeping on Buddy Hield big time.. Lon Kruger also has a GREAT eye for talent. I saw this first hand when he was coaching the Illini. He also preaches good defense or you wont be on the floor. So Buddy is going be NBA ready when he steps into the league.. Seriously go find out more info about Buddy instead of just watching highlight videos. If you knew this kids work ethic and drive you wouldn't be sleeping on him.. Funny that you can say Hood can still improve but Buddy cannot.. Heck Buddy Hields college career accomplished way mopre then Hood ever did. Hood had to transfer because he couldn't be the man, He was a role player... I am going laugh when a team like the Nuggets draft Buddy and watch him destroy the Jazz for years. Betetr yet I hope the Jazz draft him so I can hear all the whiny from Jazz fans after the draft and then when season starts and he shows what he can do ill hear how he is a stud and the steal of the draft

AB 52 percent form 3 point land with 8 attempts per game and shooting 90 percent from the free throw line speaks for itself..Curious but what was Hoods number in college? You play the potential card way to much

Yep sure do.. I think Buddy Hield is going be a starter and borderline allstar. Don't se Hood as that type of player...You might want to check into Buddy Hield a little more. This kid is a gym rat with a work ethic second to none. I thought you Jazz fans loved gym rats with an incredible work ethic since your best player ever was this way, Stockton. You are sleeping on Buddy Hield big time.. Lon Kruger also has a GREAT eye for talent. I saw this first hand when he was coaching the Illini. He also preaches good defense or you wont be on the floor. So Buddy is going be NBA ready when he steps into the league.. Seriously go find out more info about Buddy instead of just watching highlight videos. If you knew this kids work ethic and drive you wouldn't be sleeping on him.. Funny that you can say Hood can still improve but Buddy cannot.. Heck Buddy Hields college career accomplished way mopre then Hood ever did. Hood had to transfer because he couldn't be the man, He was a role player... I am going laugh when a team like the Nuggets draft Buddy and watch him destroy the Jazz for years. Betetr yet I hope the Jazz draft him so I can hear all the whiny from Jazz fans after the draft and then when season starts and he shows what he can do ill hear how he is a stud and the steal of the draft

I really wish Jazzfanz had a reddit style RemindMe! feature for posts like this one.