What's new

PRIDE Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not the first date but certainly before any meaningful continuous relationship.

@gandalfe there is a clear difference between enhancement surgeries like implants and a full sex change.

Most online dating websites asks if you have kids. However, I don't recall them ever asking if you had a wife or husband. Lol

Ashley Madison really stepped up their game.
My thinking is this:
For whatever reason, fair or unfair, the vast majority of society has a big time stigma or hang up about dating transgender people and about dating married people.

I think that if you have knowledge about yourself that there is an extremely high likelihood that the person you are going to date will have a problem with then you should share that knowledge with the person.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My thinking is this:
For whatever reason, fair or unfair, the vast majority of society has a big time stigma or hang up about dating transgender people and about dating married people.

I think that if you have knowledge about yourself that there is an extremely high likelihood that the person you are going to date will have a problem with then you should share that knowledge with the person.

Regardless of issue imo. Agreed.

Ok but here is the thing.
At some point the other person is going to find out that they have a penis or did at one point. The longer it takes for this info to come out the more painful the break up will be.

If there is a break up at all, it probably won't be too far into the relationship.

My thinking is this:

Used to be, a vast majority of society had hangups about dating other races. If you were race A passing as race B, did you have a duty to announce it before a first date? To announce if you are Mormon? If your grandmother was Jewish? Do you really believe that stigma should be the determining factor here?

Used to be, a vast majority of society had hangups about dating other races. If you were race A passing as race B, did you have a duty to announce it before a first date? To announce if you are Mormon? If your grandmother was Jewish? Do you really believe that stigma should be the determining factor here?
Dating websites ask for your race, religion, if you have kids, job status, income and what you're looking for. You know why? Dating is personal and preferences. It shouldn't be controlled by someone who thinks the playing field should be equal.

Last edited:
I know that my answer would be yes to anything that I think there might be a very high likelihood of the person I'm dating having a stigma about.

But that's just me. And I know not everyone is the same as me.

I'm extremely honest, open, courteous and up front in real life so if I were transgender, Mormon, married, etc then I personally would offer up that information freely to the person I was courting.

However I saw this thread as a beautiful thread about a father and a child and I feel that I have pissed on that beauty a little with my posts so I'm going to go ahead and just exit the convo.

One last thing. If you were trans wouldn't you want to know if the person you were dating had a hang up about dating someone who is trans?

Sorry for my contributions (this apology isn't meant for one brow but just an apology in general)

Last edited:
One last thing. If you were trans wouldn't you want to know if the person you were dating had a hang up about dating someone who is trans?

Well, it would be nice to know if they are potentially violent, but the ones who are violent so rarely advertise it.

Outside of that, people can be odd that way. Sometimes they make exceptions for people they find very attractive.

Sorry for my contributions (this apology isn't meant for one brow but just an apology in general)

We're all just trying to figure this out. I was raised to believe very differently than I do now, and the process has not always been easy for me.

I know that my answer would be yes to anything that I think there might be a very high likelihood of the person I'm dating having a stigma about.

But that's just me. And I know not everyone is the same as me.

I'm extremely honest, open, courteous and up front in real life so if I were transgender, Mormon, married, etc then I personally would offer up that information freely to the person I was courting.

However I saw this thread as a beautiful thread about a father and a child and I feel that I have pissed on that beauty a little with my posts so I'm going to go ahead and just exit the convo.

I was thinking I was derailing the thread for a little bit, but then it hit me that real conversations where opinions and shared and respected are productive, educational and beneficial.

Engaging in further dialogue takes nothing away from the OP.

I’ll tell it. Not much to it tbh.

I was a virgin as a senior in high school. Gonna get laid with my gf. Had trouble getting the condom on multiple times. Lost erection—it was a ton of pressure and I was nervous. So I didn’t end up getting laid.

Flash forward a year. Still a virgin as a frosh in college. Wasn’t getting the ladies much at first. The thought of “Maybe I’m gay?” crossed my mind a couple times. I didn’t walk around craving **** or anything. I wasn’t attracted to males. But ****, I was inexperienced and didn’t know a whole lot. Started hooking up with one girl the last couple months of frosh year and bj’s and squirting opened my eyes.

I never looked back. The end.

I’ll tell it. Not much to it tbh.

I was a virgin as a senior in high school. Gonna get laid with my gf. Had trouble getting the condom on multiple times. Lost erection—it was a ton of pressure and I was nervous. So I didn’t end up getting laid.

Flash forward a year. Still a virgin as a frosh in college. Wasn’t getting the ladies much at first. The thought of “Maybe I’m gay?” crossed my mind a couple times. I didn’t walk around craving **** or anything. I wasn’t attracted to males. But ****, I was inexperienced and didn’t know a whole lot. Started hooking up with one girl the last couple months of frosh year and bj’s and squirting opened my eyes.

I never looked back. The end.
Stage fright is an under recognized phenomenon leading people to think they have ED. Or, in your case, wondering if you’re gay.

When’s flaccid awareness week?

Status
Not open for further replies.