What's new

PRIDE Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t know a single person like that when I was 19. So I don’t. Tbh, the ones we are talking about probably need 1 good asskicking and then they can get to real dialogue and change/progress.

Same here. My biggest worry at 19 was that me and my friends were going to eventually get kicked out of the church gym and not get to play enough b-ball, after sneaking in..

Same here. My biggest worry at 19 was that me and my friends were going to eventually get kicked out of the church gym and not get to play enough b-ball, after sneaking in..
I can relate. Missing out on LDS chapel courts is by far the biggest thing I miss about being Mormon. Actually the only thing lol

Same.

It has its bright spots. The sense of community my non-utah wards had was amazing. Lots of youth activities...
Yeah I enjoyed that part of it, all of my good friends growing up were in my ward, and we basically used every opportunity we could to turn whatever our leaders had planned into a pickup game. Being older without kids there's just not a lot of value for me there anymore.

Yeah I enjoyed that part of it, all of my good friends growing up were in my ward, and we basically used every opportunity we could to turn whatever our leaders had planned into a pickup game. Being older without kids there's just not a lot of value for me there anymore.

I’m no longer consider myself a member.

Question for anyone who has some insight. I've always wondered why the "T" exists in "LGBTQ+".

The other initials all are associated with sexual preference, and I understand forming a rights group around this commonality. However, adding transgender people to this group, in my opinion, seems to send a mixed message.

Props to all those standing up for equality for all and the right to live life as they choose.

Question for anyone who has some insight. I've always wondered why the "T" exists in "LGBTQ+".

The other initials all are associated with sexual preference, and I understand forming a rights group around this commonality. However, adding transgender people to this group, in my opinion, seems to send a mixed message.

Props to all those standing up for equality for all and the right to live life as they choose.
Probably because they face a lot of the same hurdles as the other communities with regard to discrimination and have a long history of common cause.

I’ve wondered about the Q. I know it’s “queer”, but what is a “queer” person? And what’s the +?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

If there is a sacred element to human beings, and there is any sort of a connection between that sacred element and a person's body, then I don't think such things need to be disclosed before someone goes on a date.

It just makes more sense, if respect is what is really wanted here, to disclose such info in personal conversation than it does to put it to the fore on a dating website, profile, Etc. These issues just seem too personal to a person's sacred space and identity to just put it on blast, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.