What's new

PRIDE Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a sacred element to human beings, and there is any sort of a connection between that sacred element and a person's body, then I don't think such things need to be disclosed before someone goes on a date.

It just makes more sense, if respect is what is really wanted here, to disclose such info in personal conversation than it does to put it to the fore on a dating website, profile, Etc. These issues just seem too personal to a person's sacred space and identity to just put it on blast, imo.
I can definitely see where you're coming from with that.

Lmfao.

This reminds me. I use to go to town on this big *** pillow we had. It was like 3’x3’. Got some stains on it mos def.

Saw it at my dad’s house like a year ago lmao. I will prob tell him I used it as my ****buddy.
b513e86c81875dfbd538d566012f2255.jpg

?

It is about time.

My child, my only child, is transgender.

It is PRIDE week.

I am PROUD of my child. I LOVE my child.

I will fight and I am willing to die to protect my child's rights.

I served the U.S. Navy for rar less. And I was perfectly willing to die in my service of the U.S. Navy.

I give my life to protect my child. I am willing to sacrifice everything.

I am PROUD of my child.

If you have something to say, say it. I'm right here.

Love this. YOU are an amazing father. Wish more kids out there had someone like you in their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I recently had a good friend of mine come out to her family as a bisexual woman, and while there have been some rough patches they are making an effort. From what I can tell that is probably the most important thing a parent can do when faced with these kinds of identity issues, just trying goes a hell of a long way.

A transgender friend of my daughter killed himself on Monday. I believe he was 16-17 years old.

I've also seen LGBTQQ+
where one Q is Queer and the other is Questioning
the QUEER part can be seen sort of as an umbrella term - Lesbians are women attracted to women, Gays are men attracted to men, Queer can include both Lesbians, Gays and those who don't feel they fall into either strictly binary category (whether by identity or attaction - sort of also explained by the + at the end)
QUESTIONING can refer to those who are questioning their gender identity, questioning whom they are attracted to - or a bit of both
TRANS is included because they may cross several categories
the + includes those who are bisexual, asexual or those who don't really fit into any standard gender categories

Ugh, man. GF, I am so sorry. I don’t even know what to say. It’s just awful all the way around. I hope your daughter’s okay.

My child was born a male. At some point began identifying as female. How long that had been going on before she told my wife, I don't know. But she wrote a letter to my wife because she wasn't sure how I would react. I was a little surprised by that, honestly. I wrote her a letter in return making clear how I felt and that she had my unconditional support.

It was awkward and challenging for a little while to adjust to female pronouns and to her new name. But it has become easier. Although before and after I use "kiddo" more than her name....

...I think I handled it semi-poorly not in my actions towards my daughter, really, but because I didn't really know what to do or how to relate. It has changed our relationship. I'm honestly just a lot less certain on how I should parent. I'm less of a disciplinarian than I was. My wife, on the other hand has embraced it more than I have, even still.She takes our daughter to get her hair dyed, nails done, buy clothes, etc.. She found a transgender youth support group for her and she has met most of her current friends through that group. So in a way I say I could have been better because my wife has been better. But this hasn't been easy for me. Like I said, I wished it would just go away. It wasn't something I wanted to deal with at all. It wasn't something I expected people I knew would really accept or understand. So I haven't talked about it openly until now.

I have a lot of the same feelings that all decisions should be taken carefully. I think there have been people who have identified one way and then identified another way and then sometimes identified some other way. I have no idea how common that is, but I thinks it's enough of a reason to be very deliberate in how a person deals with this type of thing. That said, my kid is nearly 18 and will be able to make her own decisions.

seems only natural your wife might have it easier since she now can relate to and identify with your child more as a daughter - whereas in the past you felt connected because you both shared a bond of being "male" - but now that's changed and so how you relate to your child also changes

and maybe your wife had some sort of inner feeling about this, perhaps not even something she was fully aware of herself

all we can do is love our kids and provide the best support we're capable of so they can be happy and productive however they present themselves to the world - and sometimes it can be a lot scarier and more challenging than we ever expected.

It’s almost like the “Straight Pride Parade” wasn’t actually recognizing heterosexuality but something else...

Reactions: Red
Hi Jazzfanz, it's been over 5 years since I've posted here. I came across this thread, and read a good chuck of it. I skimmed a lot of it. It stirred up a lot of emotions for me.

Those who remember me from when I was active here, may recall that I am transgender. I'm fairly open about it. I want to give major kudos to GF for being supportive of his daughter. Support from family and friends is so important to a transgender person. It can literally be the different between life and death. I've been fortunate to have some wonderful and supportive friends. Sadly my family is not so supportive. When I came out to my parents, I was told I'm an evil sinner who is going to hell. Told that Satan is making me this way. FYI my parents are Mormon. It's been almost 10 years since I came out to my parents, and they still don't accept it.

I've always been fairly confident in my appearance. I haven't had any issues out in public. That changed a few months ago. I just exited Trax in Downtown to attend a show at Eccles Theater on Main St. As I was crossing the street I heard "eww a tranny" from a boy in a group of 3 boys. First time I've experienced something like that, and it didn't feel good. I don't know why people have to be mean. Just keep your mean ignorant comments to yourself.

Just wanted to add my thoughts to this topic. During the time I was inactive here, GF did actually send me a PM about this. It was nice to hear from him. I remember visiting his house once for a poker game. Always been friendly. I'll stop rambling now. Goodnight.

Hi Jazzfanz, it's been over 5 years since I've posted here. I came across this thread, and read a good chuck of it. I skimmed a lot of it. It stirred up a lot of emotions for me.

Those who remember me from when I was active here, may recall that I am transgender. I'm fairly open about it. I want to give major kudos to GF for being supportive of his daughter. Support from family and friends is so important to a transgender person. It can literally be the different between life and death. I've been fortunate to have some wonderful and supportive friends. Sadly my family is not so supportive. When I came out to my parents, I was told I'm an evil sinner who is going to hell. Told that Satan is making me this way. FYI my parents are Mormon. It's been almost 10 years since I came out to my parents, and they still don't accept it.

I've always been fairly confident in my appearance. I haven't had any issues out in public. That changed a few months ago. I just exited Trax in Downtown to attend a show at Eccles Theater on Main St. As I was crossing the street I heard "eww a tranny" from a boy in a group of 3 boys. First time I've experienced something like that, and it didn't feel good. I don't know why people have to be mean. Just keep your mean ignorant comments to yourself.

Just wanted to add my thoughts to this topic. During the time I was inactive here, GF did actually send me a PM about this. It was nice to hear from him. I remember visiting his house once for a poker game. Always been friendly. I'll stop rambling now. Goodnight.
I'm really happy to see you back!

I imagine people saying comments like that about my daughter when we're out in public and I'll be honest, the way I imagine I would respond probably wouldn't be very good, as in I might escalate the situation instead of taking the high road.

I can't imagine the courage it takes for some people just to be themselves. It's something I've never really had to deal with. I'm so proud of you for having the courage you do and for being true to yourself. Having known you on Jazzfanz and having met you gave me a lot of perspective I wouldn't have had when my daughter told me and my wife.

Thank you!

Welcome back, I hope we can make the board a comfortable place for you, and live well.

I want to reiterate something here. I have a transgender child. If anyone thinks that isn't an influencing factor in who I support for President or who I will vote for, those people are wrong.

I served my nation in uniform willing to die.

I serve the interests of my child 100x more willing to die.

If you threaten the interests of my transgender child you are my enemy. There are no two ways about that.

[edit by mod]

We can discuss specifics all we want. Trump has done damage to the opportunities my child will have. He has declared himself an enemy of my family. I feel strongly about protecting my family, my community and my nation. But my family comes first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to reiterate something here. I have a transgender child. If anyone thinks that isn't an influencing factor in who I support for President or who I will vote for, those people are wrong.

I served my nation in uniform willing to die.

I serve the interests of my child 100x more willing to die.

If you threaten the interests of my transgender child you are my enemy. There are no two ways about that.

[edit]

We can discuss specifics all we want. Trump has done damage to the opportunities my child will have. He has declared himself an enemy of my family. I feel strongly about protecting my family, my community and my nation. But my family comes first.

Respect to you and yours, bit threatening to take the life of the President is not appreciated, and has been reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.