What's new

Projected Roster

bigmike

Looks like Neto, Pleiss, and Lyles will all be signed, perhaps as early this week. Updated depth chart:

PG - Exum, Burke, Neto
SG - Burks, Hood
SF - Hayward, Ingles
PF - Favors, Lyles, Jerrett (I believe he's on a guaranteed deal)
C - Gobert, Pleiss

That's 13 right there - spots are filling up quick. Do we opt-in on Booker, keep #15 open, and be done with it? What about Cooley, Millsap, Johnson, etc.?

My hope is that Booker and Millsap are back.

*EDIT* Yes, that is 12, you're right. Need to work on those basic math skills.

Last edited:
Looks like Neto, Pleiss, and Lyles will all be signed, perhaps as early this week. Updated depth chart:

PG - Exum, Burke, Neto
SG - Burks, Hood
SF - Hayward, Ingles
C - Gobert, Pleiss

That's 13 right there - spots are filling up quick. Do we opt-in on Booker, keep #15 open, and be done with it? What about Cooley, Millsap, Johnson, etc.?

The players you listed are just 12. I assume they opt in on Booker, then Cooley, Cotton, Hanlan or Sap would be chosen for the final two slots.

PG - Exum, Burke, Neto
SG - Burks, Hood
SF - Hayward, Ingles
C - Gobert, Pleiss

That's 12... Booker will be picked up if not traded... so 13. Millsap sounds like a keeper and I'd keep Cotton. Cooley and Johnson are cut.... unless we offload Jerrett to Philly (or anyone, but this seems like their cup of tea) or cut him. I don't see an NBA player myself, and if he is its in the matt bonner type of mold.... 3 pointers and everything else kind of sucks.

The players you listed are just 12. I assume they opt in on Booker, then Cooley, Cotton, Hanlan or Sap would be chosen for the final two slots.

Forgot about Hanlan... Hmmmmm. We will trade Jerrett or cut him.

Hanlan makes 4 PG's though. Can he play off the ball? And would he ever get minutes behind our 3 PG's and loaded SG rotation?

Pleiss is still an unknown. I hope we pick up Booker's option as insurance. Plus, he's a bad ***, so......

Hanlan makes 4 PG's though. Can he play off the ball? And would he ever get minutes behind our 3 PG's and loaded SG rotation?
He would be on the 15 man. Playing time likely wouldn't be in the cards anyway. But yes, at near 6'5", he can play some 2.

After watch Hanlan's first game, he plays like a SG and has trouble playing off the ball. He was a ball dominant scorer in college. I didn't see really any PG skills.

Haven't seen enough of Hanlan to say for sure, but at this juncture I probably prefer Millsap as our third SG.

Hanlan will be interesting to watch as summer league rolls along. He didn't play much last night and when he was in, didn't touch the ball much. As he gets more time and sees more opportunities, we'll learn what he's really capable of, at least at this level.

Hanlan will be interesting to watch as summer league rolls along. He didn't play much last night and when he was in, didn't touch the ball much. As he gets more time and sees more opportunities, we'll learn what he's really capable of, at least at this level.

All I could see in his limited action was that his set shot is quick and compact and he was strong enough hold his own with Smart. He didn't get much a chance to attack a pick and roll.

I still see a minor trade in the offing. It'll shake up this projected roster.

All I could see in his limited action was that his set shot is quick and compact and he was strong enough hold his own with Smart. He didn't get much a chance to attack a pick and roll.
Seemed unselfish, perhaps to a fault. May just need to find a balance between being the man and just playing a role on a team. But yeah, the shot looks good and quick.

After watch Hanlan's first game, he plays like a SG and has trouble playing off the ball. He was a ball dominant scorer in college. I didn't see really any PG skills.

One game... one summer league game... let's give him two or three maybe. He can shoot and he can play point... if he can defend the two he could be good. He can go to the d league this year.

I think there is a zero percent change they don't pick up Bookers contract. It's a steal compared to what players are signing for this season. So even if we don't plan to keep him all season he could be used as a trade chip with that attractive contract.

With that said I'll bet he is on the team next season.

Sap is going to be back too. Dennis references sap all the time in interviews. If sap wasn't verbally told he'd be back then why wouldn't he be in the summer league auditioning for us or another team?

So that leaves us with 14 players if Sap and Booker are back. I bet they keep the other spot open and bring back Jack or cotton depending on the need during the season.

Hanlan will be assigned to the Stampede.
He won't be assigned to the stampede, he will just play for them. Assigned to a team is for players under contact, and I don't think they will give him a contract. They will say go play fro the Stampede, thats your best chance on getting a contract from us.

One game... one summer league game... let's give him two or three maybe. He can shoot and he can play point... if he can defend the two he could be good. He can go to the d league this year.

If everyone is allowed to overreact on Exum based on one summer league game... why not Hanlan as well?