What's new

Projected Roster

PG: Exum - Burke - Neto
SG: Burks - Hood - Millsap
SF: Hayward - Ingles - Johnson
PF: Favors - Booker - Lyles
C: Gobert - Pleiss - Cooley

Not sure how the partially guaranteed works with the cut date. If Cooley can be cut mid-season, he probably will be. If he has to be cut before the season, he probably will be.

I forgot Jarrett, I guess he is guaranteed (would probably make it over Cooley then). This is going to be his 3rd year though, so shouldn't this be the first year with a team option? Can we not just cut him, or did we already accept the 3rd year?

I think Johnson has been playing the best of any of the guys on the bubble.

He has played an all-around game on both ends. Isn't really forcing anything or trying to be "the man", but has made plays on defense and offense. He has had a few really nice pick n roll passes for easy baskets and just seems to be doing everything right.

I forgot Jarrett, I guess he is guaranteed (would probably make it over Cooley then). This is going to be his 3rd year though, so shouldn't this be the first year with a team option? Can we not just cut him, or did we already accept the 3rd year?

2nd round deal that OKC put together. 1st two years were fully guaranteed.

I'd go with:

Exum/Neto/Cotton
Hood/Burks/Millsap
Hayward/Ingles/Johnson
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Gobert/Pleiss/Cooley

Wing rotation order being: Hayward/Hood/Burks/Ingles/Millsap/Johnson. I do think in general Millsap is being underrated pretty big time, he was spectacular defensively last season. Some sort of deal to move Burke at some point soon (somewhat unfortunately, he's a good dude in my book).

PG: Exum - Burke - Neto
SG: Burks - Hood - Millsap
SF: Hayward - Ingles - Johnson
PF: Favors - Booker - Lyles
C: Gobert - Pleiss - Cooley

Nailed it

If I had to order the wing rotation it's: Hayward-Burks-Hood-Ingles-Johnson-Millsap

Nailed it again

I think Coach Q likes Hood more than Burks because Hood is a better fit to his system, can score a variety of ways, plays solid if not good defense already. Can rebound and pass, create his own shot or feed his teammates.. is unselfish and disciplined. Don't get me wrong I like Burks a lot. But isn't he better suited for the 6th man role? DL put some pressure on Q saying "AB will be our biggest FA acquision" but Q makes the calls here so I won't be surprised if he starts Hood over Burks.

Exum - Burke - Neto
Hood - Burks - Hanlan
Hayward - Hood - Jingles
Favors - Booker - Lyles
Gobert - Favors - ??

Vanilla Pleiss in.
Booker the Humanitarian in.
Lyles in.

Only waiting on word about Neto. Maybe security at the ESA won't let him in the building again?

1-14 this is an amazingly fun and entertaining team. Last year I said the same thing, that I enjoy watching every single player on the court. There is no one guy who when he comes in I got, uuuuhhh. This year is even more exciting.

Gobert/Pleiss
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Hayward/Ingles/Johnson
Burks/Hood/Millsap
Exum/Burke/Neto

14 players and I like them all. To bad about Cotton but that's the NBA. Cooley may make it 15.

Gobert/Pleiss
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Hayward/Ingles/Johnson
Burks/Hood/Millsap
Exum/Burke/Neto

14 players and I like them all. To bad about Cotton but that's the NBA. Cooley may make it 15.

I really like that lineup.

But question: Where's Trey Burke? Jazz had a bunch of their roster (signed and unsigned) at the summer league games, but no Burke. Anyone know where Burke is? Why he isn't in Utah?