What's new

Projected Roster

If everyone is allowed to overreact on Exum based on one summer league game... why not Hanlan as well?

He played one game and only got around 10 minutes... hit 50% from 3. We have a longer history with Exum and had an idea of what progress we were looking for.

He played one game and only got around 10 minutes... hit 50% from 3. We have a longer history with Exum and had an idea of what progress we were looking for.

I'm predicting a 4-1 trade later in the summer with some of our pet rocks being traded for a guaranteed K like with Carrick Felix last summer.

Exam, Neto, Cotton. Trade Burke.
Burks, Hood, Millsap
Hayward, Ingles
Favors, Booker, Lyles
Gobert, Pleiss

Hanlan and Jerret can be sent to D league.

Cooley and Cotton helped themselves against Boston. There are going to be a couple of difficult decisions to make. I think the Jazz will release Jerrett; he doesn't have an NBA shot.

All this roster guessing is premature. Yesterday on 1280 Lindsey hinted at happenings later this week. This morning on tip-off Locke hinted at interesting happenings later this week.

Just wait a few days.

Hood needs to start. He is much better for the starting team. Burks off the bench will be a kick in the head for opposing second teams.

Cotton needs to find his rhythm Thursday night. Need to play your way onto a roster, and while he did some good things last night in assists and steals, 2-11 ain't gonna cut it.

Decent.

Looks like a 44 win season in the west.
With, what would be, a 58 win season in the east.

Decent.

Looks like a 44 win season in the west.
With, what would be, a 58 win season in the east.
Im going with 49 wins.
We are already 2-0

PG: Exum - Burke - Neto
SG: Burks - Hood - Millsap
SF: Hayward - Ingles - Johnson
PF: Favors - Booker - Lyles
C: Gobert - Pleiss - Cooley

Not sure how the partially guaranteed works with the cut date. If Cooley can be cut mid-season, he probably will be. If he has to be cut before the season, he probably will be.

PG: Exum - Burke - Neto
SG: Burks - Hood - Millsap
SF: Hayward - Ingles - Johnson
PF: Favors - Booker - Lyles
C: Gobert - Pleiss - Cooley

Not sure how the partially guaranteed works with the cut date. If Cooley can be cut mid-season, he probably will be. If he has to be cut before the season, he probably will be.

I know many do their depths charts with differing methodologies, but would you put Ingles ahead of Hood at the SF spot??

I know many do their depths charts with differing methodologies, but would you put Ingles ahead of Hood at the SF spot??

Dude, SF/SG names dont matter.

Hood can defend SG better than Ingles can.

If I had to order the wing rotation it's: Hayward-Burks-Hood-Ingles-Johnson-Millsap

Dude, SF/SG names dont matter.

Hood can defend SG better than Ingles can.

If I had to order the wing rotation it's: Hayward-Burks-Hood-Ingles-Johnson-Millsap

STFU, no need to be rude. It was a legit question.

Here's my Roster
Exum/Burke/Neto
Hood/Burks/Milsap
Hayward/Ingles/Johnson
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Gobert/Pliess/Cooley

Minute wise
PG: 28-Exum, 15-Burke, 5-Neto.
SG: 15-Hood, 30-Burks, 3-Milsap
SF: 30-Hayward, 13-Hood, 5-Ingles, Johnson spot minutes
PF: 25-Favors, 13-Booker, 10-Lyles
C: 30-Gobert, 13-Pliess, 5-Favors, Cooley spot minutes

Now the average minutes will probably be a few higher for everyone. Milsap/Cooley will have a lot of DNPs and probably get 3-10 minutes for blowouts, injuries and fouls (unless Milsap learns to shoot). I don't know if Burke and Booker are with the Jazz at the end of the season (or at the beginning for that matter), and I see Lyles and Neto slowly increasing minutes over the course of the season. Average minutes per game will probably be higher as they will have OT, injuries, fouls, etc. I also think that Snyder isn't going to try to do a regular rotation like Sloan, Corbin did as he will play the hot hand and play matchups.

Jazz are definitely on a trajectory upward, how steep the trajectory is, only time will tell. I think they want to get as many pieces in place now and make a run over the next few years. They will reassess in 2 years, and trade a few pieces away so they can keep whoever is most important then, but they have the talent and depth to make a run if they get enough improvement out of their young players.

Looks like Neto, Pleiss, and Lyles will all be signed, perhaps as early this week. Updated depth chart:

PG - Exum, Burke, Neto
SG - Burks, Hood
SF - Hayward, Ingles
PF - Favors, Lyles, Jerrett (I believe he's on a guaranteed deal)
C - Gobert, Pleiss

That's 13 right there - spots are filling up quick. Do we opt-in on Booker, keep #15 open, and be done with it? What about Cooley, Millsap, Johnson, etc.?

My hope is that Booker and Millsap are back.

*EDIT* Yes, that is 12, you're right. Need to work on those basic math skills.

Millsap, Cotton and Booker should be kept unless we make some trades. Possibly Johnson. I would probably rather have any of those guys than grant jerrett

Given that Jerrett is on the hook for $1M guaranteed, I would imagine he sticks - but who knows. If we prefer to keep Millsap, Cooley, and CJ/Cotton I could see us giving him away for basically nothing (right to exchange 2nd round picks in 2035 or something).