What's new

Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test required to attend games

I am also a season ticket holder, and part of our group has dropped out this year. Just means I'll have to fly in for a few more games.

The original botching on masks, IMO, was the only move to make. Trump was trying to control a panic, and Americans from buying PPE that was critically needed for hospitals. Tried to shut down access from citizens from other countries, but his political opponents pushed back and called it racist (When he constantly did stupid ****, hard to blame them), but shutting down borders may have been the right move. I blame Trump for causing divisiveness, but also blame Dem leadership for cutting off their nose to spite their face.

We were ill prepared for the pandemic, as was the rest of the world. So if I was leading the country, I think I would have also said masks weren't needed, to try to get PPE in critical hands for those on the front line being exposed daily. If the message was we need to wear masks, the limited PPE hospitals had would have been worse. My wife was wearing the same mask all day for a while there (not a safe practice when treating numerous infected patients). I think we all hate it is political, but why use that as an excuse not to follow the data and protect yourself? Forget America and politics, look at Covid and what it does, and make a determination.

If I were in charge, I'd make tax credits applicable to those that get the vaccine. It keeps medical costs down, and pushing vaccines could allow the economy to open 100% faster, so it would be a great motivator. I wouldn't force it on people, a carrot is better than a stick as they say.

Political or not, it is a balancing act from protecting business/economy and health and what the government thinks people will be willing to do. You have to balance mob "panic", business interests, health, and everything else. They are tough decisions, and I wouldn't want to be the one making them.

Biden knew that reopening in Summer was not the right move, but did it to keep a "promise". That was politically stupid.
I don't know if it was conscious on the masks to begin with but I would likely disagree either way. Its tough to treat the general public as though they would be completely irrational and are too dumb to understand the basics of an N95 mask and a clothe one that prevents you from spreading your germs... so you give misinformation... then to expect them to be rational later when you tell them something else. I'm not sure what lead to that call but I think it was a mistake.

Mistakes were made... some very stupid... on both sides. Trump was not the guy you wanted in office for the pandemic... it was a powder keg. I agree people should be smarter and be able to cut through political agendas to handle these things reasonably.

I love the tax credit thing. Can you imagine the lines in December? I love anything that is a motivator rather than a punishment. I don't get the issue people have with the vaccine... like what is the agenda for them to push something unsafe or that has some deeply evil ulterior motive? I'd also love more conveniences provided to those that get vaccinated. Money and conveniences get more compliance than moral obligation unfortunately.

The last 3-4 years has just been rough... I can't tell you how many conversations I've had to bite my tongue or had to flat out awkwardly correct someone close to me about how ****ing dumb they were being. I just want the world to be as bright and shiny as it was when I was in elementary school sometimes. I still believe people are generally good... but its getting harder every day.

Should China and Russia go with that route - then instead of panicking the USA should use the non-violent powers it has; for example, ban the use of internet (i.e block top level domains, IP-s etc) and block from the SWIFT system (yes, i know the SWIFT headquaters are in Belgium). Plus block VISA, Mastercard and AMEX transactions.
I guess the officials in China and Russia might be quite happy about the current situation: americans are fighting with each other instead of the enemy for some really first world reasons (for example the same case attending Jazz games), at the same time kowtowing in front of China (Daryll Morey was bashed ASAP).

IMHO it is just silly or kneejerk action if an otherwise healthy non-vaccinated season ticket holder is banned or requires a test, while somebody, who is vaccinated, but is schizophrenic and other mental issues a la similar to Andreas Lubitz, has AIDS, hepathitis and some other issues, is allowed to attend games. Am i correct that it is highly illegal that the entrance guard also asks or demands a recent document from a reputable doctor, that the ticket holder does not have any mental issues?
If they go that route, how will we prove they leaked the virus?

I read somewhere that conspiracy theorists are saying that we're just spraying crops such as corn and wheat with the COVID vaccine so people are forced to get it.

I would have loved to have had the vaccine just from eating popcorn.
I heard someone saying that the vaccine is being put into salad dressing

If they really want to get the vaccine out they will forget all the salads and produce... start putting it in Mcdonalds burgers and monster energy drinks (both of which I consume... no judgement).

I don't know if it was conscious on the masks to begin with but I would likely disagree either way. Its tough to treat the general public as though they would be completely irrational and are too dumb to understand the basics of an N95 mask and a clothe one that prevents you from spreading your germs... so you give misinformation... then to expect them to be rational later when you tell them something else. I'm not sure what lead to that call but I think it was a mistake.

Mistakes were made... some very stupid... on both sides. Trump was not the guy you wanted in office for the pandemic... it was a powder keg. I agree people should be smarter and be able to cut through political agendas to handle these things reasonably.

I love the tax credit thing. Can you imagine the lines in December? I love anything that is a motivator rather than a punishment. I don't get the issue people have with the vaccine... like what is the agenda for them to push something unsafe or that has some deeply evil ulterior motive? I'd also love more conveniences provided to those that get vaccinated. Money and conveniences get more compliance than moral obligation unfortunately.

The last 3-4 years has just been rough... I can't tell you how many conversations I've had to bite my tongue or had to flat out awkwardly correct someone close to me about how ****ing dumb they were being. I just want the world to be as bright and shiny as it was when I was in elementary school sometimes. I still believe people are generally good... but its getting harder every day.
We know people are selfish, and I guarantee that the initial guidance ensured more masks made it to medical facilities. Hell, we couldn't get toilet paper due to panic and selfishness. Trump downplayed the pandemic, which needed to be done once we were "already in it". Without that, I wouldn't have had a steady supply of Cottonelle wipes. I may be an *******, but at least my crack is clean!

We are seeing people be completely irrational and dumb regarding vaccines, relying on crazy websites to rely on fake data and general misinformation. I don't expect much from the general population. And any feelings I had generally about humans hasn't improved due to Covid.

I didn't want Trump in office for anything, but I don't think everything he did was incorrect, but he politicized incorrect medications, lack of masks, etc. for political purposes.

I think generally, people are good, but also selfish, and we have a lot of people that are unable to think critically. It is unfortunately part of human nature. How many people have gotten caught up in a tyrant government, cult, religion, or other organization because they simply believe without thinking?
I heard someone saying that the vaccine is being put into salad dressing
There are pill and spray forms being developed and tested.

If they go that route, how will we prove they leaked the virus?
Didn't you state: One thing this pandemic has shown is the weakness of America. If China or Russia ever wants to go to war with us, the safest approach to devastate us is to unleash a more deadly virus. The rest of the world will lock down and take precautions, and we'll have a bunch of people expressing their freedoms while they spread it across the nation and kill us all. 'MERICA!

I sincerely hope, that all the agencies the USA has are better than that i.e there does not need to be a nationwide poll to decide who was the culprit.

I am glad i had to visit China (Shanghai and surroundings) in 2009 and Hong Kong in 2009 and 2016. Both of those looked nice and i hoped to visit those countries again. Both of those are currently on the list to not travel due the politics of China and therefore general security reasons and due the COVID hysteria, which is even more extreme, than in Europe or USA.

Obviously, only time will tell, which countries or nations are going to be winners due the COVID crap. Again, no matter which country, those restrictions only divide people. There are still soft drinks and popcorn for sale in Vivint area, right?

And still some who preach: "everybody needs to be vaccinated" still consume their fair share of McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Coca Cola etc products and use robots or app to put the food to the mouth and clean the butt :) no matter which country. Of course, some preachers who get their salary from a tax payer eat filet mignon, too.

We know people are selfish, and I guarantee that the initial guidance ensured more masks made it to medical facilities. Hell, we couldn't get toilet paper due to panic and selfishness. Trump downplayed the pandemic, which needed to be done once we were "already in it". Without that, I wouldn't have had a steady supply of Cottonelle wipes. I may be an *******, but at least my crack is clean!

We are seeing people be completely irrational and dumb regarding vaccines, relying on crazy websites to rely on fake data and general misinformation. I don't expect much from the general population. And any feelings I had generally about humans hasn't improved due to Covid.

I didn't want Trump in office for anything, but I don't think everything he did was incorrect, but he politicized incorrect medications, lack of masks, etc. for political purposes.

I think generally, people are good, but also selfish, and we have a lot of people that are unable to think critically. It is unfortunately part of human nature. How many people have gotten caught up in a tyrant government, cult, religion, or other organization because they simply believe without thinking?

There are pill and spray forms being developed and tested.
IDK... I just think either it was a mistake to not understand the role masks could have in preventing the virus from spreading or to down play the virus and masks in an effort to prevent hoarding of masks (which happened and was already an issue). It is tough to get buy in if you go from "hey seat belts aren't really effective for the general public" to "you should probably be masking in the shower by yourself just to be safe".

Either way people are being dumb AF and while some of the ineffective precautions we take aren't really "hurting anyone" they are used as fodder for those that want to discredit everything officials and experts say. I guess people will work to find anything they can cling to as proof the other party is wrong.

I have a few people in my circles that are stubborn as hell and its so frustrating.

Didn't you state: One thing this pandemic has shown is the weakness of America. If China or Russia ever wants to go to war with us, the safest approach to devastate us is to unleash a more deadly virus. The rest of the world will lock down and take precautions, and we'll have a bunch of people expressing their freedoms while they spread it across the nation and kill us all. 'MERICA!

I sincerely hope, that all the agencies the USA has are better than that i.e there does not need to be a nationwide poll to decide who was the culprit.

I am glad i had to visit China (Shanghai and surroundings) in 2009 and Hong Kong in 2009 and 2016. Both of those looked nice and i hoped to visit those countries again. Both of those are currently on the list to not travel due the politics of China and therefore general security reasons and due the COVID hysteria, which is even more extreme, than in Europe or USA.

Obviously, only time will tell, which countries or nations are going to be winners due the COVID crap. Again, no matter which country, those restrictions only divide people. There are still soft drinks and popcorn for sale in Vivint area, right?

And still some who preach: "everybody needs to be vaccinated" still consume their fair share of McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Coca Cola etc products and use robots or app to put the food to the mouth and clean the butt :) no matter which country. Of course, some preachers who get their salary from a tax payer eat filet mignon, too.
You think China would attack us and tell us? They'd just say it started at a wet market. Seems logical that one of the only places in the world testing dangerous viruses, including Corona, like Covid, being right there is the likely culprit, though likely accidental. How would it have changed if it was deadlier? China may lose fewer lives by unleashing it at home, locking down, and playing ignorant. We don't need a poll, but we need proof before attacking someone.

I got vaccinated... convincing my wife has been another thing. She has some dumb *** friends that say stuff that makes no sense. It doesn't help that my whole family got Covid and it was no worse than a mild cold. She just keeps saying that we survived once we will be fine. Its the same argument my kids use against me when I catch them on their bikes without helmets "Dad I've never crashed and died". Ya you big dummy it only takes once.

Like getting in a fender bender, surviving, and then declaring seat belts unnecessary.

So I feel they I'm an expert on Philly cheese steak sandwiches and I have always had Fat Boy Phillies at the top spot but hadn't been there in a while.
Went last week. It's definitely number 1 still. And my God the jalapeno cream cheese is too die for. It's very thin in viscosity so the best way to eat one of their Phillies is to pour the jalapeno cream sauce onto each and every bite.

Damn, I might have to try to get there again today. So so good and the indoor dining is available again (they were one of the last places to open indoor dining)

I got vaccinated... convincing my wife has been another thing. She has some dumb *** friends that say stuff that makes no sense. It doesn't help that my whole family got Covid and it was no worse than a mild cold. She just keeps saying that we survived once we will be fine. Its the same argument my kids use against me when I catch them on their bikes without helmets "Dad I've never crashed and died". Ya you big dummy it only takes once.

Like getting in a fender bender, surviving, and then declaring seat belts unnecessary.
I have numerous family members on my wife's side that are bat **** crazy when it comes to Covid along with a lot of right wing conspiracy stuff. Not sure how my wife came from the same DNA.

The stuff they spout is mind numbing. I just hope Covid doesn't kill one of them.

So I feel they I'm an expert on Philly cheese steak sandwiches and I have always had Fat Boy Phillies at the top spot but hadn't been there in a while.
Went last week. It's definitely number 1 still. And my God the jalapeno cream cheese is too die for. It's very thin in viscosity so the best way to eat one of their Phillies is to pour the jalapeno cream sauce onto each and every bite.

Damn, I might have to try to get there again today. So so good and the indoor dining is available again (they were one of the last places to open indoor dining)
Got a peer reviewed study for that opinion?

Bitch.