What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test required to attend games

The Thriller

As I said hate
I love how you ignored my question. Let’s try this again, what evidence do you have that medical professionals in Utah have been fired over vaccines? Could you cite an article at least?

Again, don’t mistake people’s frustration with your misinformation with hate. If you want to have a debate then support your claims with evidence. If you merely want to troll then don’t whine when people react in a way that makes you feel “hated.” You clearly aren’t thick skinned enough for this. So Maybe… try not to troll? Ever thought about that?

#BeBest

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
This is very misleading.

The statistic floating around is that nearly 60% of Israeli hospitalized COVID-19 patients are fully vaccinated. The quick conclusion that a lot of people made is that the vaccines aren't effective at reducing spread.

What this conclusion completely ignores is that 92% of Israelis above age 50 have been vaccinated, and a whopping 86% of the unvaccinated population of Israelis are below the age of 50. So when the risk of severe disease is exponentially greater with older people, and the overwhelming majority of older people are vaccinated, it's not that surprising that you see more severe cases in the vaccinated group.

Here's what happens when you separate the data into two groups - younger and older:

Under age 50
Rate of infection per 100k among unvaccinated: 3.9
Rate of infection per 100k among vaccinated: 0.3 (13x lower)

Over age 50
Rate of infection per 100k among unvaccinated: 91.9
Rate of infection per 100k among vaccinated: 13.6 (6.8x lower)

It becomes very clear when you split the two groups by age and analyze them separately that the vaccines are effective, and the "vaccines aren't effective at reducing spread" narrative is garbage.
Hell of a post Steve. You always do a good job. Always look forward to your posts.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Going in for surgery two weeks from now and I’ve been told I’ll know if it will be delayed within a few days before my date. The U has been backed up on surgeries all year so I’ve waited 5 months to now be told it could be delayed even further. It’s all very frustrating.

I appreciate Ryan for doing the right thing here. With there being 41 games and roughly 18k fans at the game it’s safe to say this will probably save some lives and prevent more idiots from taking up icu beds.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I posted about my brother in law in the coronavirus thread but he is having similar difficulties. In extreme pain and having a very difficult time getting the help he needs.

SteakNEggs

I love how you ignored my question. Let’s try this again, what evidence do you have that medical professionals in Utah have been fired over vaccines? Could you cite an article at least?

Again, don’t mistake people’s frustration with your misinformation with hate. If you want to have a debate then support your claims with evidence. If you merely want to troll then don’t whine when people react in a way that makes you feel “hated.” You clearly aren’t thick skinned enough for this. So Maybe… try not to troll? Ever thought about that?

#BeBest

#BeBest
Not fired but they are already short and now they will firing people once the mandate kicks in. It hasn’t yet but just wait .

We might have physical space but we don’t have personnel like we did last winter,” says Webb. “We are severely understaffed. Our nursing in particular, but also other healthcare workers including respiratory therapists and others have been really severely impacted by the toll that caring for COVID-19 and other patients has taken over the last 18 months and we’ve lost a lot who have actually retired from healthcare and we’re having a really hard time refilling those positions….

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
The way I see it, I’m fully vaccinated so I have nothing at all to be scared of or judge others of. If the guy next to me on trax right now is unvaccinated, I really don’t care as if he gets really sick or dies he made his bed.
I feel ya but some people need to see a doctor for non covid related crap but cant because of the people seeing doctors for covid related crap.