What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test required to attend games

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
with the vaccine available life can resume
If people aren't taking the vaccine then life isn't able to resume for the people dying from covid or their loved ones. Also not for the hospitals, doctors, nurses etc.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Below are the latest numbers from England regarding outcomes of patients hospitalized with the Delta variant. According to Public Health England's COVID-19 variant report, between February 1, 2021 and September 12, 2021, 52% of delta cases, 47% of emergency care visits, and 70% of delta deaths had at least one of dose of the vaccine.

Of the 2,542 deaths recorded in the sample, 1,779 (70%) had received at least their first dose of the vaccine. Whereas, 722 (30%) were unvaccinated.

Of course, there is very likely a propensity of individuals with advanced age and co-morbidities to take the vaccine relative to younger, healthier cohorts. So it is expected that this group would experience more deaths due to their being more vulnerable to the disease at the outset.

As of this week, as many as 89% of England's population are reported to be vaccinated. If we choose a median date during the term of this study and assume that roughly 60% of the population was vaccinated, then vaccinated individuals do index lower for emergency care visit (Index of 78), but index higher to ultimately succumb to the disease (Index of 117).

I have to concede that this data suggests vaccination among individuals under the age of 50 will reduce the likelihood that they will need to be admitted to an emergency room. Without knowing the actual percentage of people under the age of 50 from the population at large who were vaccinated during the term of this study, it is difficult to gauge just how big the impact is. However, there is enough data here to suggest that vaccination within the population as a whole will reduce the burden on hospitals to some degree.

Whether this factor is enough for governments or businesses to seek to compel vaccination is a matter for debate. I regard vaccination as a matter of individual assessment and judgement.

32e01d85420a6fe4.png
Look, you are trying to hard. Just go off america (you know, that place where we live). Almost all the deaths and hospitalizations are folks that aint got jabbed.

SteakNEggs

I feel ya but some people need to see a doctor for non covid related crap but cant because of the people seeing doctors for covid related crap.
I feel yea too. I also understand why people are hesitant. As I said thankfully I’m vaccinated so I’m doing what’s right to protect myself. If that’s selfish I’ll gladly be selfish. At the same time I’m not going to live in the fear and hate “bOtH sIDeS”(adults talking like this). I have nothing to fear or be vile about.

TheGoldStandard

I posted about my brother in law in the coronavirus thread but he is having similar difficulties. In extreme pain and having a very difficult time getting the help he needs.
I flew in to attend a number of games this past season. The number of people that keep their masks off forcing the ushers to get them to put them back on was super distracting. It isn't a difficult concept to remove, eat or drink and reinstall. Just from a logistical standpoint, I think they were struggling to maintain what they thought were "safe" conditions already, and I only attended games before the full capacity went back into effect. I will say, that the extra space from the lower capacity was nice though, those seats are a bit tight on arm space.

Now with Delta being more contagious, and studies showing it survives in the air longer, the new requirement seems like the right move to protect all Vivint staff, coaches, personnel, players and fans. We've already had more positive cases in my daughter's elementary school (including my daughter) in a few weeks that we did through all of last year (they started in December in person). Pretty crazy.

Last edited:

The Thriller

Not fired but they are already short and now they will firing people once the mandate kicks in. It hasn’t yet but just wait .

We might have physical space but we don’t have personnel like we did last winter,” says Webb. “We are severely understaffed. Our nursing in particular, but also other healthcare workers including respiratory therapists and others have been really severely impacted by the toll that caring for COVID-19 and other patients has taken over the last 18 months and we’ve lost a lot who have actually retired from healthcare and we’re having a really hard time refilling those positions….
So you’re just talking out of your *** when you claimed these shortages were created by people being fried by vaccine mandates. The shortages we’re seeing in Utah have been created by people leaving the profession and by uncontrolled spread.

Thanks for clarifying. Weird way of getting there but thanks.

FAILED STATE

Getting vaccinated means that, if exposed, you're less likely to catch it, and if you do catch it, it's less likely to be serious. And not just a little less likely on either one of those, it's something on the order of 20 times less likely.
This. You ****ing tard-asses.

SteakNEggs

So you’re just talking out of your *** when you claimed these shortages were created by people being fried by vaccine mandates. The shortages we’re seeing in Utah have been created by people leaving the profession and by uncontrolled spread.

Thanks for clarifying. Weird way of getting there but thanks.
It was tongue in cheek as there’s many places bracing for even worse staff shortages. I would guess Utah is part of that since it’s vaccination rate is pretty par. These hospitals are already bare minimum and I’m betting there’s some nurses who won’t abide.

One Brow

The way I see it, I’m fully vaccinated so I have nothing at all to be scared of or judge others of. If the guy next to me on trax right now is unvaccinated, I really don’t care as if he gets really sick or dies he made his bed.
The vaccine is only 90% effective. That means you might still be vulnerable.