What's new

Protestors storm capital

I thought Republicans didn’t like cancel culture?

Why do Republicans want to bury jan 6?
Why don’t republicans back there blue? Why do they hate the police?
Why do Republicans want to cancel pro democracy Republicans while empowering pro autocracy ones?
Why do Republicans hate America?

The Republican party needs to throw these two Neo-Cons out with the trash. Ones daddy is very handy with a gun, the other is in an intelligence agency.

How far gone are these people?

That is an interesting line of questioning. Who is responsible for getting proper resources to Capitol law enforcement? I don't know the answer to that. I do know in the aftermath the fence around the Capitol was ordered in place by Pelosi and the National Guard troops sleeping in the hallways were ordered by Pelosi. The Speaker of the House does appear to have the power to do such things. I would be very interested in understand what powers the Speaker of the House has and how Pelosi used those powers in the days leading up to January 6.

That is an interesting line of questioning. Who is responsible for getting proper resources to Capitol law enforcement? I don't know the answer to that. I do know in the aftermath the fence around the Capitol was ordered in place by Pelosi and the National Guard troops sleeping in the hallways were ordered by Pelosi. The Speaker of the House does appear to have the power to do such things. I would be very interested in understand what powers the Speaker of the House has and how Pelosi used those powers in the days leading up to January 6.
If only she had the powers of shutting the president's mouth then none of that **** would have happened. Unfortunately she didn't have that power.
Trump did have the power to shut his own stupid mouth but didn't exercise that power. He never does.
It's really odd that you people still worship him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m glad Pelosi zapped those un-American, unpatriotic cowards from this inquiry. McCarthy clearly selected the most obnoxious, belligerent clowns to make this a circus. There is no lie too big for these traitors and it’s a shame so many “Americans” that have no sense of national pride, or even self-esteem, are buying the fabrications.

This is so damn powerful. I don’t know how anyone could downplay 1/6 as “tourists” or defend that sleazy piece of **** Trump. This testimony is incredible.

I’m glad Pelosi zapped those un-American, unpatriotic cowards from this inquiry. McCarthy clearly selected the most obnoxious, belligerent clowns to make this a circus. There is no lie too big for these traitors and it’s a shame so many “Americans” that have no sense of national pride, or even self-esteem, are buying the fabrications.
I agree. Good move by her. We need to get to the bottom of this. Jordan and Banks are clowns who were working to make 1/6 possible. Keeping them on would’ve been liked asking al qaeda to investigate 9/11.

How far gone are these people?

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but that's such an insanely dumb comment from a group that has to handcuff themselves to a narcissistic moron to preserve their place in Washington.

Embarrassing how they just can't break away as his voters are their voters.

After some quick research, it is indeed the Speaker of the House that is in total control of the Capitol Police. They have nothing to do with the Executive Branch.

Politico (which is a center left publication and no friend of the previous administration) has a piece detailing the complete failure of the Capitol Police that day.

The Capitol Police has over 2,000 officers. There were fewer than 10,000 protesters and maybe 600 that entered the Capitol building. The Capitol Police in theory had all the resources and training they needed for this entire thing to have never happened. I wonder if the Capitol Police were hamstrung by Pelosi as part of the whole "Defund the Police", and that is why January 6 happened. It is little wonder Pelosi would take the unprecedented step of booting off any committee member who would pursue that line of questioning. The person singularly responsible could end up being the head of the Legislative Branch rather than the head of the Executive Branch.

I agree with The Thriller that we do need to get to the bottom of this.

After some quick research, it is indeed the Speaker of the House that is in total control of the Capitol Police. They have nothing to do with the Executive Branch.

Politico (which is a center left publication and no friend of the previous administration) has a piece detailing the complete failure of the Capitol Police that day.

The Capitol Police has over 2,000 officers. There were fewer than 10,000 protesters and maybe 600 that entered the Capitol building. The Capitol Police in theory had all the resources and training they needed for this entire thing to have never happened. I wonder if the Capitol Police were hamstrung by Pelosi as part of the whole "Defund the Police", and that is why January 6 happened. It is little wonder Pelosi would take the unprecedented step of booting off any committee member who would pursue that line of questioning. The person singularly responsible could end up being the head of the Legislative Branch rather than the head of the Executive Branch.

I agree with The Thriller that we do need to get to the bottom of this.
But is the speaker of the house in total control of what comes out of the president's mouth?

The Capitol Police should have been staffed more that day - I think that's very clear and I want to know why it wasn't.

It's also very clear that they shouldn't have to be that staffed for potential chaos if not for the ramblings of a lunatic sore loser.

But is the speaker of the house in total control of what comes out of the president's mouth?
No, we still have a First Amendment. The Speaker of the House was responsible to make sure whatever was said didn't spiral into uncontrolled criminal activity at the Capitol, and investigating the uncontrolled criminal activity at the Capitol on January 6 is the whole point of the investigation. We should not tolerate a sham investigation only willing to look some places instead of everywhere to find the whole truth.

'Those who believe this' see that one investigation is being carried out by a party friendly to the head of the agency alleged to have failed while the other is being carried out by a party adversarial to to the head of the agency alleged to have failed. 'Those who believe this' see a value in the checks and balances that come from the involvement of adversarial parties.

No, we still have a First Amendment. The Speaker of the House was responsible to make sure whatever was said didn't spiral into uncontrolled criminal activity at the Capitol, and investigating the uncontrolled criminal activity at the Capitol on January 6 is the whole point of the investigation. We should not tolerate a sham investigation only willing to look some places instead of everywhere to find the whole truth.
Does the president, a pretty powerful individual imo, have no responsibility to make sure whatever he says at his rally to an angry mob didn't spiral into uncontrolled criminal activity at the Capitol?

It’s interesting that those who believe this is a sham investigation also believe that the Arizona audit is legit.

LOL
He is trumper. Therefore I would replace the word "interesting" in your post with the word "predictable"

Republicans and their propagandists are nothing more than arsonists who set fire to the capitol and now blame the fire dept for not putting out the fire fast enough. January 6 doesn’t happen if Trump acts like a democratic leader and steps down in a peaceful transition of power. January 6 doesn’t happen if Fox News and other right wing media don’t promote the Big Lie. January 6 doesn’t happen if Republican leaders stand up to the president and their most ridiculous supporters and squash the Big Lie.

George Will said this a while back and he couldn’t have been more right. The inmates are running the asylum.

He is trumper. Therefore I would replace the word "interesting" in your post with the word "predictable"

Yeah sad but true. It’s amazing how predictable these folks are. We all know what the Trumper response is going to be to these hearings already. A mix of denial and whataboutism. They’ll never admit that Dear Leader is a piece of **** and Jan 6 was a piece of **** attempt to overthrow our government.

Trumpers used to be slightly entertaining. Like watching monkeys fling their own ****. It was interesting to see the cognitive disconnect. Like when they’d whine about fake news or excuse away stormy Daniels or blatant lies about Russia. But now the act has become boring and predictable. They’ve had their 15 mins of fame, now it’s over and the rest of the country needs to move on.

Part of me wonders if part of their vaccine refusal is just another cry for attention?