What's new

Protestors storm capital

I would say generally that those who can't tolerate what I have to say are people who do not treat others as they want to be treated.
Absolutely. For example, people who speculate on what other people do outside of JazzFanz almost certainly don't like what they are hearing.

On the other hand, I welcome any comments you have on my JazzFanz posting, doubly so if you can make these comments without lying about the contents of the post.

people who speculate on what other people do outside of JazzFanz...
Like I said, I try to treat everyone in-kind. I am fortunate The Thriller doesn't know who I am IRL because he has speculated on who I am outside of JazzFanz. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had that information he'd use it. From what I've been told, Franklin is a real person not a username. Make no mistake, this is The Thriller's lame attempt at doxing:
Franklin's alt account is arguing ...

I do let other people set how they would like to be treated in this forum and this is the level of decorum The Thriller has chosen although I would never dox anyone.

If The Thriller wanted to be civil then I would be civil with him. I do not feel the need to attack everyone I disagree with. I find people who think different from myself make good conversation. I would be polite and craft debateworthy points even though I don't like The Thriller, and I do dislike him. It isn't just because I think attempted doxing is distasteful. The guy is a dumbbell (I be surprised if he didn't think himself intelligent because that is how Dunning-Kruger works) who has to use the words of other people like a crutch to say what he wants to put his name on which leaves threads looking like twitter vomit. The Thriller is also racist AF.

There was a conversation a couple days ago where LogGrad98 posted an observation of teachers getting a feel for their students values and posted examples from his history of ostracization for "wrong" political opinions. A normal person who wanted more information would ask about the context, or maybe the subject being taught, or other behaviors from the teachers. The Thriller practically whipped out a skin color chart and wanted to know the gender and what god the teachers worshiped. To The Thriller, that is all you need when talking behavior.
how many of these teachers you had were white non-Mormons? Were the majority male or female?

Mostly I don't like what he does with other people's kids.

As for you One Brow, I know you can take everything you dish out. We agree on almost nothing but I still respect your intellect, attention to detail, and your 6th degree black belt in Google-fu even though you did call those swimmer girls bigots. ;)

You are definitely not The Thriller's alt. No one here is. He is uniquely himself.

Like I said, I try to treat everyone in-kind. I am fortunate The Thriller doesn't know who I am IRL because he has speculated on who I am outside of JazzFanz. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had that information he'd use it. From what I've been told, Franklin is a real person not a username. Make no mistake, this is The Thriller's lame attempt at doxing:

I do let other people set how they would like to be treated in this forum and this is the level of decorum The Thriller has chosen although I would never dox anyone.

If The Thriller wanted to be civil then I would be civil with him. I do not feel the need to attack everyone I disagree with. I find people who think different from myself make good conversation. I would be polite and craft debateworthy points even though I don't like The Thriller, and I do dislike him. It isn't just because I think attempted doxing is distasteful. The guy is a dumbbell (I be surprised if he didn't think himself intelligent because that is how Dunning-Kruger works) who has to use the words of other people like a crutch to say what he wants to put his name on which leaves threads looking like twitter vomit. The Thriller is also racist AF.

There was a conversation a couple days ago where LogGrad98 posted an observation of teachers getting a feel for their students values and posted examples from his history of ostracization for "wrong" political opinions. A normal person who wanted more information would ask about the context, or maybe the subject being taught, or other behaviors from the teachers. The Thriller practically whipped out a skin color chart and wanted to know the gender and what god the teachers worshiped. To The Thriller, that is all you need when talking behavior.

As for you One Brow, I know you can take everything you dish out. We agree on almost nothing but I still respect your intellect, attention to detail, and your 6th degree black belt in Google-fu even though you did call those swimmer girls bigots. ;)

You are definitely not The Thriller's alt. No one here is. He is uniquely himself.
Standing ovation for this post!

They figure it out. I had teachers make snide comments about Mormons because they overheard kids talking about seminary. My kids had teachers ask them to write "opinion" pieces on current events, then grade them down for having the wrong opinion. They can also just make it part of the curriculum to emphasize one political viewpoint over another. The kids with opposing views get worse grades. It happens at the collegiate level too. Teachers affect what kids believe in so many different ways it's easy to manipulate them in ways they want to. Indoctrination can happen in many different environments. It isn't the same as a racist teacher for many reasons. But that doesn't make it right.

Religious-political teachers are particular dangerous because they see what they are doing as "true", or don't even recognize it at all because it's just their nature. If they can ostracize a kid for having the "wrong"political views, well that's just serving the One True Party, which is only good and right, right? In fact, it isn't ostracizing, it's just the nature of good vs evil taking it's natural course.

It makes me think of the last vignette in The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs. A few people on a stage coach get into a discussion about what types of people there are. The hyper-religious woman makes it very clear there are only 2 types, and treats it as more than self-evident, but a virtual fact of nature and the universe. Per the holy bible there are only 2 types: the just and the sinners. Any argument to the contrary is met with derision and disgust. She can't even fathom a different point of view, let alone entertain it as even possibly meaningful. Same with a religious-political teacher. Students with opposing views will be put down in ways the teacher may not even realize because it's so ingrained in their being that they have the True Party, so all others are just wrong.
That's too bad. Most of the educators I know value respecting students and their religious views.

Just curious, how many of these teachers you had were white non-Mormons? Were the majority male or female? The reason I ask is that the lack of diversity in educational leadership (teachers, principals, district leaders, professors, and textbook publishers) has effects. I think that's why it's important for education to attract professionals from different backgrounds. I think breaking up a homogenous population in charge of education can lead to better outcomes where different views are respected. Historically, we've seen what can happen when we don't tether education to facts, evidence, and reality. Believing that America was founded as a Christian nation or believing in The Lost Cause is the result from efforts of legislators, educators, publishers, school boards, etc to promote their view of history over reality. You don't get millions of Americans in denial over evolution, climate change, and the 2020 election without a concerted effort to promote ignorance.

May I ask, why didn't you become an educator?
Is this the exchange between LG and I that’s being referenced here?

And what did I do to children? What a weird thing to Post. Especially since the last several years prior to taking an administration job all my students were 18+ years old. Children? Is someone lying again in an attempt to dox someone they disagree with?

Weird posts today man, weird posts.

Last edited:

Dude. You and I have a lot of disagreements, and I'm not here to talk about any of those.

But you're obsessed with the Thriller. Just give it a rest.

franklin is the username of a real person, but not that person's name.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to being a relatively new user who is who you say you are, so I'll provide some history.

The person who now posts as idestroyedyourtoilet has essentially claimed to be franklin. That is unverified, but there's not much reason to doubt it.

Back in the day, maybe starting around 2009-10 I started hosting poker tournaments primarily for jazzfanz posters. franklin has been to several of those tournaments over a good 4-6 year stretch. Other posters like Archie Moses, BigB, Fishonjazz, NUMBERICA, Babypeters, and even the site owner Jason has been to a game. Several others but many of them do not post regularly anymore.

I have met many long time posters in-person. I used to also try (mildly unsuccessfully) to organize what I called mini-meetups, where a few posters would get together at a bar or bowling alley and watch a Jazz game together.

Anyway, my real name and my place of residence is known to many posters here.

I think the Trump era has put the final nail in the coffin of me ever just saying "I'm hosting a poker tournament, anyone in the salt lake area (and beyond if you're up for it) show up to my house. Just PM me to get the details" which is exactly what I used to do.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...
I appreciate the response and that you put effort in to building community by hosting poker games. You and I have had differences that I know have bent feelings and for my past aggressiveness I apologize. I will try not to direct such accusations at you going forward. I can see it is not moving this forum in a good direction. As for who Franklin is or why he was brought up in the first place, I'm going to let it go. It doesn't matter.

I appreciate the response and that you put effort in to building community by hosting poker games. You and I have had differences that I know have bent feelings and for my past aggressiveness I apologize. I will try not to direct such accusations at you going forward. I can see it is not moving this forum in a good direction. As for who Franklin is or why he was brought up in the first place, I'm going to let it go. It doesn't matter.
The user name was "franklin" little f.

Consider it put to rest.
I hope this serves as a lesson to not accuse others of doing something horrible to children. Pretty classless to leave such a serious charge at someone. That’s a line you just don’t cross. If you ever get so frustrated with someone online that you have to lie and accuse them of something like that, it’s time to take a step away from your computer or phone and go outside for a walk.

I hope this serves as a lesson to not accuse others of doing something horrible to children. Pretty classless to leave such a serious charge at someone. That’s a line you just don’t cross. If you ever get so frustrated with someone online that you have to lie and accuse them of something like that, it’s time to take a step away from your computer or phone and go outside for a walk.
To be fair he made a vague statement about what you've done to children. He never even sort of suggested it was criminal or anything like that. I read it as him suggesting that as a teacher you taught children your ideology over the curriculum. That's my take, anyway.

To be fair he made a vague statement about what you've done to children. He never even sort of suggested it was criminal or anything like that. I read it as him suggesting that as a teacher you taught children your ideology over the curriculum. That's my take, anyway.
Beyond the pale. He never sat in a class. He doesn't know who I am. He shouldn’t comment on things he literally knows nothing about. I don’t even teach students anymore. I haven’t taught K-12 in years.

Public educators aren’t a punching bag. I have a lot of respect for them. it’s weird how some posters make these insinuations, as if an electrician or Dr can’t be good and fair at their jobs and hold political views at the same time. When @One Brow asked him to get specific about what I did to children, he brought up some conversation between LG and I that was neither here or there. It was a weird post with pretty offensive insinuations no matter how you slice it. Definitely one of the most classless things I’ve seen on this website. Over what exactly? Was @Al-O-Meter having a bad day and felt like he needed to lash out?

Let’s leave children out of these personal arguments, shall we? You don’t accuse adults of doing things to children (whatever that might be). I think that’s a pretty simple rule to live by.

If you’re concerned about what might be happening at your local school, attend parent teacher conferences. Volunteer. Join the school community council. Visit UEN and learn the curriculum. Communicate with your school. Become a teacher. There’s a shortage in this state and it’s not because the job pays too much or is too easy.

Last edited:
Dude. You and I have a lot of disagreements, and I'm not here to talk about any of those.

But you're obsessed with the Thriller. Just give it a rest.
It’s weird how that keeps happening. I dunno. Franklin, Babe, jazzy, and now Al. Not sure why some posters just fixate on certain others. It’s weird.

Last edited:
This thread…

The Thomas family needs to be investigated. This looks so damn dirty. I didn’t know this but John Eastman, who cooked up the idea of Pence rejecting electors and sending the election to the House, was a Thomas clerk.

I see you accepted Gameface's correction to this notion. Thank you.

While I'll be using the second-person pronoun in this paragraph, please rest assured that I think it applies to every single poster in here, especially me. You are not important enough to dox. No one cares about who you are, or where you live. No one cares enough to get you fired or otherwise impact your life. It's just a sports message board.

Still curious what you think he does.

As for you One Brow, I know you can take everything you dish out.
You know the aphorism about wrestling with a pig? I'm the pig.:)

This thread…

The Thomas family needs to be investigated. This looks so damn dirty. I didn’t know this but John Eastman, who cooked up the idea of Pence rejecting electors and sending the election to the House, was a Thomas clerk.

I believe Mrs. Thomas falls into this school of thought:

Typical authoritarian mindset. In Russia at the moment, Putin agents are painting things like “enemy of the motherland” on the doors of peace activists and others labeled as “anti-Russian”. We have a similar mindset here among some, as to who is a “true American”, and who is not. Mrs. Thomas made clear in her texts where she stands.

Coverup. What else is new? Nixon would be proud……

Woodward and Costa, Washington Post, no paywall…..

Mike Lee’s communication’s with Capt Moroni appear to be missing from that day.

Again, imagine the outrage from Fox News if Hillary Clinton had done this.

I believe Mrs. Thomas falls into this school of thought:

Typical authoritarian mindset. In Russia at the moment, Putin agents are painting things like “enemy of the motherland” on the doors of peace activists and others labeled as “anti-Russian”. We have a similar mindset here among some, as to who is a “true American”, and who is not. Mrs. Thomas made clear in her texts where she stands.
I saved that American Mind article a while back. What they're advocating for is fascism. Flat out, fascism. They've given up on multiracial democracy now are demanding an authoritarian state based on ethno-nationalism, aka fascism.

Zimmer's article is something I hadn't read before but definitely will save. I wish more citizens recognized the truths he's writing about. Do we think Republicans will quietly accept 2022 results? Or 2024 results? Every election they lose will be challenged. They never will concede, they'll always claim voter fraud. It'll wreck our democratic order since trust in elections and peaceful transitions of power are necessary in a democracy. The lessons of losing will never be learned because they'll never accept that voters rejected their candidates or their ideas. This is dangerous and it's time for Garland to start prosecuting, time for Democrats to get serious about strengthening our democracy here (hope it's not too late), and it's time for voters these midterms to not be fooled by Republican distractions of, "CRT, INFLATION, HUNTER'S LAPTOP, TRANNY SPORTS!" You cannot put into power authoritarians who have no interest in continuing our democracy and expect to ever have free and fair elections ever again.

Reactions: Red
Beyond the pale. He never sat in a class. He doesn't know who I am. He shouldn’t comment on things he literally knows nothing about. I don’t even teach students anymore. I haven’t taught K-12 in years.

Public educators aren’t a punching bag. I have a lot of respect for them. it’s weird how some posters make these insinuations, as if an electrician or Dr can’t be good and fair at their jobs and hold political views at the same time. When @One Brow asked him to get specific about what I did to children, he brought up some conversation between LG and I that was neither here or there. It was a weird post with pretty offensive insinuations no matter how you slice it. Definitely one of the most classless things I’ve seen on this website. Over what exactly? Was @Al-O-Meter having a bad day and felt like he needed to lash out?

Let’s leave children out of these personal arguments, shall we? You don’t accuse adults of doing things to children (whatever that might be). I think that’s a pretty simple rule to live by.

If you’re concerned about what might be happening at your local school, attend parent teacher conferences. Volunteer. Join the school community council. Visit UEN and learn the curriculum. Communicate with your school. Become a teacher. There’s a shortage in this state and it’s not because the job pays too much or is too easy.
I've never sat in one of your classes that I know of either. I didn't even go back to see what Al said that you're upset with. I just have to say I think I've said some stuff about your profession and your views as well that I consider a concerning combo.

A lot of people are getting concerned with public schools in some sense being indoctrination camps or doing stuff that is antithetical to what liberal-minded people, oh 200 years ago, believed education was.

I'd want the whole John Dewey gristmill concept of public education just dumped. It is child abuse to grind the parents' inputs out of the process, and grind out the wonder, the beauty, the love inherent in the human soul, for the sake of an ideological imperative imagined by a few eggheads to be necessary for society.