What's new

Re: Exum; it’s time to **** or get off the pot

Dante Exum: It's time to **** or get off the pot
My question is this, how in the Bloody Hell is he going to **** if he can't even get on the pot? I thought the guy looked great the last time he got any real playing time on the 1st in the blowout loss to the Raptors. We're down by thirty/forty points most the game and Exum gets in late in the fourth scoring 11 on three of four shooting. And that's after a really good performance on the 29th in five whole minutes in the first half where he scored from three and on the oop pass from O'Neale. Snyder even acknowledged the solid play then he just sits on the guy. For a very short while after the comeback Exum was averaging close to five minutes a game then nothing. Conley goes down again and no sign of Dante on the court anywhere. How's the guy even going to have any trade value if we don't showcase him?

Dante Exum: It's time to **** or get off the pot
My question is this, how in the Bloody Hell is he going to **** if he can't even get on the pot? I thought the guy looked great the last time he got any real playing time on the 1st in the blowout loss to the Raptors. We're down by thirty/forty points most the game and Exum gets in late in the fourth scoring 11 on three of four shooting. And that's after a really good performance on the 29th in five whole minutes in the first half where he scored from three and on the oop pass from O'Neale. Snyder even acknowledged the solid play then he just sits on the guy. For a very short while after the comeback Exum was averaging close to five minutes a game then nothing. Conley goes down again and no sign of Dante on the court anywhere. How's the guy even going to have any trade value if we don't showcase him?
I support a ban on the term “showcase” when it comes to Dante.

The jazz and Dante have blown it. His value bobs up slightly next year as an expiring. Until then, I wouldn’t waste time with ideas like “positive value” and “showcasing”.

I don’t know if he has regressed or improved, as he never gets on the court for me to judge. Considering he appears to be set for DNPCD for the rest of his time in Utah, I’ll just have to take Quin’s word for it that he is not worthy of any playing time st all.

Hasn't Quin also played guys that don't deserve minutes too?

I support a ban on the term “showcase” when it comes to Dante.

The jazz and Dante have blown it. His value bobs up slightly next year as an expiring. Until then, I wouldn’t waste time with ideas like “positive value” and “showcasing”.

I think he deserves some burn myself just on the merits of his play. He has a couple of turnovers in his last outing and Snyder pulls the plug. Ingles had eight turnovers last night and he's given the hero's welcome. Snyder's all about double standards IMO with his top eight or nine and everybody else. And when he rides our starters into the ground it's not helping anybody.

This is the same Quin that was shown the door at Missouri by playing a domestic batterer then lying about that he had been warned about the guy. This guy was so awful that he was banned from the College of Southern Idaho campus in Twin Falls. That was all a matter of public record and Quin went all in on the kid.

This is the same Quin that was shown the door at Missouri by playing a domestic batterer then lying about that he had been warned about the guy. This guy was so awful that he was banned from the College of Southern Idaho campus in Twin Falls. That was all a matter of public record and Quin went all in on the kid.

Truth is, Exum is just too nice. If he was a certified trash talker like Ingles he'd be getting some minutes I believe.

Quin is not a dumb guy but when the guys you out on the floor from the bench don't produce, why reward them with more playing time? If I were Dante and Tony I would demand to play with the Stars and then light things up.

I think he deserves some burn myself just on the merits of his play. He has a couple of turnovers in his last outing and Snyder pulls the plug. Ingles had eight turnovers last night and he's given the hero's welcome. Snyder's all about double standards IMO with his top eight or nine and everybody else. And when he rides our starters into the ground it's not helping anybody.
Yeah, something is up. But I think part of it is Exum. And I’m not just referring to the quality of his play; there’s probably something mental or something similarly intangible going on.

Yeah, something is up. But I think part of it is Exum. And I’m not just referring to the quality of his play; there’s probably something mental or something similarly intangible going on.

You think? I think Quinn is just infatuated with the panache of Mudiay, but Exum plays better D.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we've all heard that Locke said something is happening, or probably more correctly isn't happening in training with Ex and he will get onto the court when it's fixed. From what I've seen:

1. On the offensive end, the game flies past him, and seems too quick for him, understandable with him being a long time out. It's like the game of basketball is played in 4th or 5th gear, yet he is stuck in 1st or 2nd gear.

2. On the defensive end he has been better, and has still provided some good defensive minutes in the small time he has played. He did lose himself on some defensive switches though.

3. He not only has a physical block, meaning his burst of speed isn't back yet, but he also has a mental block. I think this mental block has stopped him from doing what he really wants to do, due to fear of getting hurt again. I've counted 2 times where pretty much both Dante and the coaching staff pooped their pants after a fall. He was taken off the court both times in fear that he is injured.

4. I've seen him look to Snyder many times immediately after making a turnover. This is just complete fear of being pulled.

5. This is more of a general comment, but there is no doubt in my mind that Quin wants him to succeed. I know some in this board may think that Quin has something against Ex, but from everything I've seen, Quin has been the biggest 'cheerleader' out of the coaches for Dante, when he does something right.

Ex has battled his way into the rotation after every one of his injuries, this one is looking to be harder, but I still believe he will succeed this time, it will just take a little more time.

So weird how abusive he's been toward Dante.

I wish there was a clip from last year when Quin pulled Dante and on the broadcast you could hear Quin yell at him, clear as day, “MOVE THE ****IN’ BALL!”

I wish there was a clip from last year when Quin pulled Dante and on the broadcast you could hear Quin yell at him, clear as day, “MOVE THE ****IN’ BALL!”

I remember that. The emphasis for that game was to move the ball at all costs, regardless of situation or whether you had a favourable mismatch.

Dante was switched onto a favourable matchup where he could take a a big downhill, but Quin had none of it.

Reason for that pass at all costs emphasis was because our ball movement in a few of the games preceding that game was truly horrid.

At times coachs are idiots. I remember a college game of Sam Cassell's where he had a mismatch, took his man to the rack, scored and got fouled and was out of the game after his free throw went through the net. His crime? Coach wanted the ball to go inside and then be reversed.

At times coachs are idiots. I remember a college game of Sam Cassell's where he had a mismatch, took his man to the rack, scored and got fouled and was out of the game after his free throw went through the net. His crime? Coach wanted the ball to go inside and then be reversed.

I'm not particularly saying Quin was wrong, or Dante was wrong. Just merely stating what I observed.

I even remember Dante disputing it for a split second on his way to the bench. You couldn't hear what Dante said, but it was obviously something along the lines of 'but I had the mismatch'. Quin was to have none of it and said 'No, move the ****ing ball!'.

I remember that. I also heard him yell the same thing to Royce during a game in Sacramento last season. That may have been the same game he yelled at Dante but I can't remember for sure.