What's new

Re: Exum; it’s time to **** or get off the pot

Dante is bad at basketball and can’t stay healthy. I don’t think that’s anyone’s fault except a god that doesn’t exist. This excuse and blame exercise some of you engage in is absolutely pathetic.
Fine then trade him for anything or nothing, waive him or buy him out. Fir $&cks sake don’t just have s permanent DNP CD on the bench fur 9 mil for the next year and a half.

The bench has been awful this year, but it seems like Exum is behind Niang in the rotation. Let that sink in.

The bench has been awful this year, but it seems like Exum is behind Niang in the rotation. Let that sink in.
I'm just wandering what is going on in practice to have Quin act the way he is regarding rotations. Are Bradley and Ex not respecting his authoratie?

I'm just wandering what is going on in practice to have Quin act the way he is regarding rotations. Are Bradley and Ex not respecting his authoratie?

I think Quin is deferring to Ed Davis as a veteran, and I think he's holding Exum out due to Exum's limited scoring off the ball.

I think Quin is deferring to Ed Davis as a veteran, and I think he's holding Exum out due to Exum's limited scoring off the ball.
My first introduction to NBA basketball was the Seattle Supersonics of 1974-75 when my dad would take me to the games. I had the pleasure of watching the team make its first playoffs in history with seven rookies on the 12 man roster. These included an undrafted free agent and draft picks in rounds 1,2,3,6,7 and 10. The coach was Bill Russell and he said you would not play unless you played hard. The rookies all got significant time. That team won a playoff series and lost to the eventual champions Golden State. That's why I'm shaking my head at the way Quin is running things. At times our bench and sometimes starters don't play hard. That just has to gaul the pine riders. You would think DL and JZ would have a talk with Quin.

Listen here, Dante homers, I never wavered in my support of him, even up to this year. But once I saw him on the court this year, I realized I had to face the music. That doesn't mean he should give up. It's up to him to get tough and stop being a pansy. He's not 19 years old any more. If he can "grow up," then maybe he can be a good basketball player in the NBA. But until he asserts himself and stops worrying about making mistakes, then he will be the Dante that he has been so far in his career. He just has to go out there and forget that he was ever injured. It's the only way he'll ever make it; if he continues to be tentative and worry about getting injured, then it's over for him.

My first introduction to NBA basketball was the Seattle Supersonics of 1974-75 when my dad would take me to the games. I had the pleasure of watching the team make its first playoffs in history with seven rookies on the 12 man roster. These included an undrafted free agent and draft picks in rounds 1,2,3,6,7 and 10. The coach was Bill Russell and he said you would not play unless you played hard. The rookies all got significant time. That team won a playoff series and lost to the eventual champions Golden State. That's why I'm shaking my head at the way Quin is running things. At times our bench and sometimes starters don't play hard. That just has to gaul the pine riders. You would think DL and JZ would have a talk with Quin.
So, in other words, all your posts here on guys nobody has ever heard of (or ever will hear of) are just attempts to recapture your childhood.

Yeah kind of. Those rookies were Slick Watts, Tom Burleson, Leonard Grey, Talvin Skinner, Wardell Jackson, Dean Tolson and Rod Derline all immortals. Slick probably had the best NBA career.

Has Quin been called out/questioned on the organisations/his comments vs his actions by the media lately? Would be interested to read any of his comments around why he is not in the rotation given the play of the bench unit.

Only thing I recall is him saying how pleased he is that Ex has made it through all the recovery.

Snyder's only concern is keeping his job, which in Utah is a really easy thing to do. The only requirement for that is to not have a horrendous record.

Taking the time to develop Dante, or any player for that matter, is high risk and virtually no reward for Snyder. Even if he had taken the time to allow Dante to play through his mistakes, a better record wouldn't have gotten Snyder paid more.

Snyder's only concern is keeping his job, which in Utah is a really easy thing to do. The only requirement for that is to not have a horrendous record.

Taking the time to develop Dante, or any player for that matter, is high risk and virtually no reward for Snyder. Even if he had taken the time to allow Dante to play through his mistakes, a better record wouldn't have gotten Snyder paid more.
You've got to be kidding. Dante has had plenty of opportunities and time to develop. In fact, based on what we have seen this year, he has regressed. Stop blaming Quin. A coach can only do so much.

You've got to be kidding. Dante has had plenty of opportunities and time to develop. In fact, based on what we have seen this year, he has regressed. Stop blaming Quin. A coach can only do so much.

How can you possibly say he has had plenty time to develop? He's lost almost all of his development time. Can you stop being a moron?

People like you expect him to hit the ground running with 10 months out.

How can you possibly say he has had plenty time to develop? He's lost almost all of his development time. Can you stop being a moron?
How can you say such bs. He's played a significant part of several seasons, yet he has shown little development in basketball IQ. And the injuries have destroyed what little confidence he has had. He's had time and he's regressed.

And stop with the moron crap. The people who use such epithets are the morons.

Another hefty cheque cashed for a dnp Exum laughing at our franchise
More like laughing at you and the other salty, irrational fans.

Do everyone a favor and stop posting on here. You can use that time to give Snyder more blowjobs than you already do.

How can you say such bs. He's played a significant part of several seasons, yet he has shown little development in basketball IQ. And the injuries have destroyed what little confidence he has had. He's had time and he's regressed.

And stop with the moron crap. The people who use such epithets are the morons.

How many off seasons has he had to improve? How many times has he had to restart his career from scratch and win his place in the team back?

Make no mistake, he is a bust due to the sheer amount of injuries he has had, and missed off season opportunities to get better. You need to realize that players improve the most in the off season. And he' has lost almost every single off season to improve.

People like you expect him to hit the ground running with 10 months out.

I mean, 5 years into the Dante project, yeah, I expect him to hit the ground running. I also expect him to hit it with actual improvements to his game.