What's new

Reflections after watching exactly one game...

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];961432 said:
Look all solid posters are gone like franklin

You are still here bro. Just changed your name from franklin to boobs.

Don't sell yourself short

You are still here bro. Just changed your name from franklin to boobs.

Don't sell yourself short

Yeah, it's so obviously Franklin. Almost as obvious as Dalamon's ex-alt "Sandy Braille". He should probably leave it to experts like Trout.

I have to agree with CY -- STFU -- one of dumbest posts in recent memory. Do you evaluate a movie after the opening scene, or a book after reading the first page? Did you ever have a bad day and then get evaluated on it -- you think it's fair or accurate?

Remember this post the next time you complain about people being mean to you.

Not a bad analysis of that game that you watched...... but like others have said, that was probably the worst game the Jazz have played.

Gobert is a stud, Hayward is playing like an all star most nights, Burks took over the 4th quarter in Memphis a few nights ago and is hitting threes and free throws at career highs, exum was WAY off that night but is not that bad, favors is consistently solid, kanter is much better than what you described.

In conclusion, watch more games. (Last night the jazz were missing a starter and playing on the road against one of the better teams on the league and were leading alot of the game and would have won if they make free throws)

LogGrad,
I had not responded because, as you said, you've only watched one game. And having perhaps read some game logs and looked at stats, it should have been evident it was the worst shooting performance of the season. By that line of reasoning, clearly LeBron sucks because he went 5-19 his last game and the Cavs were blown out by Detroit.

What I saw in the Philly game was complete domination in the 1st half by Favors and then Gobert. Team couldn't shoot worth a damn, but the Jazz also finished strong with the game on the line. fishonjazz is spot on with his rebuttal. Favors is a fringe all-star and saved the Jazz against Philadelphia. All players have ups and downs (even LeBron!). Favors is not a superstar, but he's a damn good player who has improved every season. Hayward still struggles as "the man," but QS seems to be putting him in a better position to succeed. Gordon has added a couple of new dimensions to his game (strength and the step-back jumper). He should definitely get all-star consideration. Burks is better on his 3's but has not played as well around the hoop. Hmmm...I wonder if he's hesitant to draw contact on his injured shoulder? I know I would be.

Too bad you missed the other wins, or even the loss against the Clippers. Jazz ARE getting better.

Remember this post the next time you complain about people being mean to you.

Mean? How was this being mean? I made a substantive point. You don't make an evaluation on such a small sample.

Actually, I did write a point-by-point rebuttal but my browser crashed and I didn't feel like rewriting it. Some of what he wrote is on point, like about Burke, who's the main problem with our shooting. But the rest is way off the mark, especially about Rudy. Hayward has been anything but timid. Favors could be more aggressive but Kanter has made huge improvements in his offensive game. Surely, the bench has been inconsistent and Exum has shown flashes but the jury is still out -- he is still young though. I think the Jazz are making progress and then Logograd watches one game, which the Jazz won, and just tears them apart. Totally unfair and much of what he said is inaccurate.

Mean? How was this being mean? I made a substantive point. You don't make an evaluation on such a small sample.

Actually, I did write a point-by-point rebuttal but my browser crashed and I didn't feel like rewriting it. Some of what he wrote is on point, like about Burke, who's the main problem with our shooting. But the rest is way off the mark, especially about Rudy. Hayward has been anything but timid. Favors could be more aggressive but Kanter has made huge improvements in his offensive game. Surely, the bench has been inconsistent and Exum has shown flashes but the jury is still out -- he is still young though. I think the Jazz are making progress and then Logograd watches one game, which the Jazz won, and just tears them apart. Totally unfair and much of what he said is inaccurate.

Some people might consider telling somebody to shut the **** up, mean. I know, I know, it's crazy.

So Tiny Teats negged me again ... when he was Franklin he continually negged me. What's up with this guy -- I'm piling on? Well, I just explained a little in the prior post. But Logograd's post was unfair and ill-advised considering this was the only game he had seen.

LogGrad,
I had not responded because, as you said, you've only watched one game. And having perhaps read some game logs and looked at stats, it should have been evident it was the worst shooting performance of the season. By that line of reasoning, clearly LeBron sucks because he went 5-19 his last game and the Cavs were blown out by Detroit.

What I saw in the Philly game was complete domination in the 1st half by Favors and then Gobert. Team couldn't shoot worth a damn, but the Jazz also finished strong with the game on the line. fishonjazz is spot on with his rebuttal. Favors is a fringe all-star and saved the Jazz against Philadelphia. All players have ups and downs (even LeBron!). Favors is not a superstar, but he's a damn good player who has improved every season. Hayward still struggles as "the man," but QS seems to be putting him in a better position to succeed. Gordon has added a couple of new dimensions to his game (strength and the step-back jumper). He should definitely get all-star consideration. Burks is better on his 3's but has not played as well around the hoop. Hmmm...I wonder if he's hesitant to draw contact on his injured shoulder? I know I would be.

Too bad you missed the other wins, or even the loss against the Clippers. Jazz ARE getting better.

Favors all star.

Trey is JLIII.

Llf

Too bad log missed the other wins so he do not see this it is clear as finger poop Picassos.

So Tiny Teats negged me again ... when he was Franklin he continually negged me. What's up with this guy -- I'm piling on? Well, I just explained a little in the prior post. But Logograd's post was unfair and ill-advised considering this was the only game he had seen.

You ok bro? Do we need to call someone at their place of employment to see if we can get you some help?

#worriedforeenieweenie

Not a bad analysis of that game that you watched...... but like others have said, that was probably the worst game that the jazz have played.

Gobert is a stud, Hayward is playing like an all star most nights, Burks took over the 4th quarter in Memphis a few nights ago and is hitting threes and free throws at career highs, exum was WAY off that night but is not that bad, favors is consistently solid, kanter is much better than what you described.

In conclusion, watch more games. (Last night the jazz were missing a starter and playing on the road against one of the better teams on the league and were leading alot of the game and would have won if they make free throws)

Also, post more please

Yeah but if they are that good how are we 10-21? What everyone is describing is at least a .500 team. I am seeing a .333 team at best.

I have to agree with CY -- STFU -- one of dumbest posts in recent memory. Do you evaluate a movie after the opening scene, or a book after reading the first page? Did you ever have a bad day and then get evaluated on it -- you think it's fair or accurate?

So did you even read my last paragraph? Or did you see me criticize (oh no, you mean they aren't all perfect MVP candidates?) your favorite player then just shut things off with your fingers in your ears and chanting "la la la la la"?

I am very optimistic about this team, just not for this season. This season we are going to suck, and the record proves that out. But in upcoming seasons as the team puts the pieces together it may turn into something really fun to watch.

Yeah but if they are that good how are we 10-21? What everyone is describing is at least a .500 team. I am seeing a .333 team at best.

Inconsistency. We had a 9 game losing streak. This is a decent team talent wise. Just need more experience. They will definitely need some more pieces to be better than .500 though. But not bad.

Bench, new coach, youngest starting 5 in the league for starters.

Also we have not been as bad as the record would indicate

LogGrad,

Thanks for at least a thoughtful reply for once.

I just do not see the dominant Favors so many are espousing. I see him taking what comes to him, playing hard no doubt, but lacking the serious killer instinct that will separate him from other PF/Cs around the league. He needs to develop the ability to put the team on his back and will them to a victory, or at least not fade out and waver so much game to game. Just seems to me he is playing hard, but not necessarily always playing to win.

I also pretty much said what you did about Hayward. He has room to grow no doubt, but in the Philly game you could see he is the true leader of the team. It's just kind of scary because that leadership can be weak from time to time.

I am trying to see more games, but still if the Jazz were developing so well and getting so much better, the record should show it at least somewhat, right? At this pace they will end with just over 20 wins, maybe close to 30 if they get lucky. I have a hard time seeing a single player on a 25-win team that is beyond reproach. Depending on the color of ones glasses I guess. :)

Inconsistency. We had a 9 game losing streak. This is a decent team talent wise. Just need more experience. They will definitely need some more pieces to be better than .500 though. But not bad.

Bench, new coach, youngest starting 5 in the league for starters.

Also we have not been as bad as the record would indicate

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. I just don't see us getting there for at least 2 full seasons. Some of them (Burke? Maybe even Exum?) may never get there.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. I just don't see us getting there for at least 2 full seasons. Some of them (Burke? Maybe even Exum?) may never get there.
I agree with this.
We are in fact rebuilding from the bottom..... starting with last season.
I figure it's a 4 or 5 year plan to get to contention

I agree with you about favors, he will dominate some games, but most of all he is just going to be quietly efficient.

The keepers I think we do have are:

Hayward, he is our closest thing to a star. Can turn it on at times. But he is going to at least need help, and probably need a bigger star next to him.

Favors is atleast a high quality starter. Maybe all star one day.

Gobert is showing signs of being awesome

Exum might be awesome. Too early to tell.

Burke, Burks and kanter are so inconsistent

Hood might turn into a starter. He is a smart player.

One other thing..... what the jazz have done is accumulate alot of assets. From the players on the team and also they have alot of draft picks.
So while you and I are both thinking that they are quite far away from being contenders, that could all change very quickly IF those assets can be cashed in for a star. (Like the rockets/harden)

So is DL ready to pull the trigger on the blockbuster deal that puts Jazz over the top?
When does he do it?
Does he have to wait till next years draft?