What's new

Rep is dumb.

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
Right?

I mean, Colton says it is.. and he's smarter than all us combined. +1
Rep has been capped (artificially) cuz it's apparently dumb. +2 (cumulative)

And then there's this...

colton*

Admininstrator**********

More rep updating according to this policy:*

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?1...se-loss-of-rep

Each 1 week suspension = all of your rep pts get reduced by 25%
Each 2 week suspension = all of your (remaining) rep pts get reduced by 50%
"Permanent" suspension = all of your rep pts get taken away, so that if/when Jason allows you back in 6 months, you are starting with 0 rep pts again.

This will also indirectly affect your rep power, since rep points are the dominant factor in how much rep power you have.

I have made these adjustments:

HH - rep set to 0
Gameface - rep set to 0 (actually, it looks like I already had done that, but hadn't recorded it in this thread). He's accumulated 421 points since being reinstated
yamers - rep reduced by 50%
NColoradoJazz - he's got negative rep, so reducing by xx% has no meaning. Nothing done
AKMVP - rep reduced by 50%

Think about this, C, before you answer...

Why do you hate rep so much?

Rep is like 'Money'.

You don't actually "need it" like you need air, water, food or shelter, but people do "want it" and it is good to have.

Rep is like 'Money'.

You don't actually "need it" like you need air, water, food or shelter, but people do "want it" and it is good to have.
Not even close
But if you feel that they are so similar then I will trade you all of my rep for money

Rep is like 'Money'.

Why is it good to have?

Would you be any different if you had less rep? If you had more rep?

My rep could get taken away and I probably wouldn't even notice...

Repping was waaaaay more entertaining when it was done anonymously. If we're gonna keep rep, we should bring that back.

If it's not good to have how can it be entertaining?

Rep means different things to different people - I won't make a generalisation or dictate how people choose to live their lives.

I was asking how it was good...it wasn't a rhetorical question. So yeah, not contradicting.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];889527 said:
what a stupid ****ing thread.

most pathetic one in recent memory.

^^^ Does not care about rep. Posts neg rep he received while stating that he doesn't care.

Receiving pos rep makes me feel happy. If I log in jazzfanz and I see the notifications button gone black, and if there are likes, reps and messages waiting to be seen, I click reps first. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna whore for it. If I wanna screw around, I screw around.

On the other hand though, Neg reps make me feel even happier since they are harder to come by. I go like "Wow cool someone negged me!"

I mean, Colton says it is.. and he's smarter than all us combined. +1

Rep has been capped (artificially) cuz it's apparently dumb. +2 (cumulative)

Rep isn't capped. Rep power is capped. You understand the difference?

And when did I say rep power is capped because rep is dumb?

And then there's this...

Think about this, C, before you answer...

Why do you hate rep so much?

I don't hate rep. I like some aspects of the system, and dislike others. As far as the policy of decreasing rep upon suspensions, I've found that some people care about rep and so knowing that their rep will be decreased if they are suspended is an added incentive to play nicely with others.

Also, why do you care so much about your rep power being capped? Why should you have any more power to impact someone else's rep than anyone else? I'm seriously considering lowering the cap even further.

Receiving pos rep makes me feel happy. If I log in jazzfanz and I see the notifications button gone black, and if there are likes, reps and messages waiting to be seen, I click reps first. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna whore for it. If I wanna screw around, I screw around.

On the other hand though, Neg reps make me feel even happier since they are harder to come by. I go like "Wow cool someone negged me!"

1359834832361029823.GIF