What's new

Rep is dumb.

1) Rep isn't capped. Rep power is capped. You understand the difference?

2)And when did I say rep power is capped because rep is dumb?

3)I don't hate rep. I like some aspects of the system, and dislike others. As far as the policy of decreasing rep upon suspensions, I've found that some people care about rep and so knowing that their rep will be decreased if they are suspended is an added incentive to play nicely with others.

4)Also, why do you care so much about your rep power being capped? Why should you have any more power to impact someone else's rep than anyone else? I'm seriously considering lowering the cap even further.

1) you'e said that like a thousand times... yes, i understand. Duh. Seems you should know what i mean by now.
2) you being someone I would suspect would be bent toward intellectual honesty, I feel it's implied.
3) doesn't this solve the problem, alone? I dare you to show me just one instance... one.. where I have abused high rep.
4) this is so intellectually dishonest I will have to craft a lengthy response; This is not my site (as has been thoroughly communicated to the inmates here many times). I came here and have done a fine job obeying the rules. One of the aspects of the site is rep. I feel it was a reasonable assumption that rep was designed to promote healthy and interesting content.. as well as funny and entertaining. Why else would the site owner/admin have it? So why would it be unreasonable for a member to "care" about rep power when the site owner has deemed it important enough to ADD it to the overall functionality of the site. For you, as an admin, to try to somehow demean me (albeit loosely veiled in subtelty) for caring about something the site owner cares about, seems awkward, to me, at best, and extremely petty, more likely. If you don't like it, fine, but your handling of this embarrases me for you.

In fact, done.

Kid with magnifying glass.

I say just reduce everyone's rep and rep power to 0 and be done with it. Keep the like button and introduce a dislike button and move on.

Sugar-fight-fight-fight.gif

I don't care what the rules are.. at all. I just resent the undertones of me being shallow or superficial or whatever for caring when it is a current site function not created, but rather followed, by me..

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];889812 said:
i don't understand... is this another completely stupid complaint from you? Or are you drunk again?

Haha.. visionary.. beer goggles?? I guess I thought that was funnier than it was.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];889807 said:
are you calling me a visionary?

Sun shines on everyone once in a while lol

Seems we share an opinion on rep. I'm ok with that.

Edit: HA!!! Ruined your neutral rep NAOS!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!

1) you'e said that like a thousand times... yes, i understand. Duh. Seems you should know what i mean by now.

The reason I keep saying it, is that you (and others) keep misusing the terms. I can understand why you'd be annoyed if rep were capped, but I frankly still can't understand why you're annoyed that rep POWER is capped.

2) you being someone I would suspect would be bent toward intellectual honesty, I feel it's implied.

So the only possible reason you can imagine for me capping rep power is because I feel that the rep system is dumb? I guess I don't get what you're saying here.

3) doesn't this solve the problem, alone? I dare you to show me just one instance... one.. where I have abused high rep.

Sorry, I'm again not following. What does the "this" in your first sentence refer to?

And I've never claimed that you've abused high rep power.

4) this is so intellectually dishonest I will have to craft a lengthy response; This is not my site (as has been thoroughly communicated to the inmates here many times). I came here and have done a fine job obeying the rules. One of the aspects of the site is rep. I feel it was a reasonable assumption that rep was designed to promote healthy and interesting content.. as well as funny and entertaining. Why else would the site owner/admin have it? So why would it be unreasonable for a member to "care" about rep power when the site owner has deemed it important enough to ADD it to the overall functionality of the site. For you, as an admin, to try to somehow demean me (albeit loosely veiled in subtelty) for caring about something the site owner cares about, seems awkward, to me, at best, and extremely petty, more likely.

One of the aspects of rep is the ability to cap rep power. It's built into the rep system. I don't understand why you think that there is some obligation on my part to use ALL THE OTHER PARTS OF THE REP SYSTEM,* but not to touch that particular part. How does that make any sense at all?

I feel just like you that the rep system "was designed to promote healthy and interesting content.. as well as funny and entertaining". That's exactly it. So whenever I tweak the rep system, it's part of a constant quest to better fulfill that goal. And after using the rep system for a while now, I truly feel like having a rep cap will help accomplish that. In fact, as I think I've mentioned, I wish I had set a rep power cap much earlier, and even now I think the rep power cap should be lower than it currently is. I've refrained from setting it lower in large part because I didn't want to get any more grief from you. But since you're giving me grief, anyway, I think I'll just set it for the value I think will be best going on from here. <sets rep power cap again> There. I shouldn't be changing that any more.

And for what it's worth, I'm not trying to demean you at all. That never even crossed my mind. I'm just sick of your constant complaints about this aspect of the rep system. And I truly do not understand why it's such a big deal for you to have a higher rep power than anyone else. You haven't ever explained that in a manner that I have been able to understand. In your response just now you said simply that you care about the rep system, which makes sense, but you didn't indicate why THIS PARTICULAR SETTING within the rep system makes you so upset. And you never have, to my knowledge.

Also, for what it's worth, we didn't add in the rep system. It came pre-installed with this version of the board software. It's been here since day 1.

If you don't like it, fine, but your handling of this embarrases me for you.

My handling of this has been FAR more reasonable than your handling of this. In my humble opinion.

Kid with magnifying glass.

I'm not even sure what that means.

* except the ability to give arbitrary rep power to admins. I guess you'd prefer I didn't use that part, either.

^thank you for the courtesy of detailing your feelings on the subject.. I stand persuaded. Please accept my sincere apologies for having been a nuisance with my incessant complaining. Whatever is best for the site has my non-vote.

I feel like rep is very much abused by comptrollers of massive rep power. I am being cyber bullied by Loggazm and his alts Jazzgrad98 and Core4. They even report me to Nate505 and he has to give me threat of ban for typing same thing he types. This is not fair position to put mods in guys to make them look like hypocrat. Please stop abuse the rep or I will have to deal with you in Russian style.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];889882 said:
I feel like rep is very much abused by comptrollers of massive rep power. I am being cyber bullied by Loggazm and his alts Jazzgrad98 and Core4. They even report me to Nate505 and he has to give me threat of ban for typing same thing he types. This is not fair position to put mods in guys to make them look like hypocrat. Please stop abuse the rep or I will have to deal with you in Russian style.

Bro, you can report anyone who you think has broken board rules, you don't need to have massive rep power.