What's new

Rep vs Likes vs None

What Would You Prefer?

• Total voters
The system removes the excitement of receiving rep notifications.

If you get 100 likes in a day can you trade that in for a rep?

Is there anything worse than logging in, seeing you have 6 new notifications, then opening it up to see that it was just people "liking" your posts?

Getting a like vs getting repped is like opening up a paycheck and instead of getting money you were given gold star stickers and a note that says, "great job!"

LOL.. this cracks me up!! My feeling exactly.

Yep & Rep'd.

well, I just gave my first rep since we've instituted the "LIKE" system and it's not done in quite the same way as before. anyone else notice that, or I am the only one?

edit: OK, well now I gave another rep, and it worked just exactly the same as before.

Not sure I understand....

Is it just me or does every time I see a "Like" from someone I kept thinking:

"Ok.. so you like my post.. thanks.. but you don't like it enough to Rep me???? What's wrong with it????"

Just dunno whether to feel good about it or bad... LOL

Last edited:
Make that 18 "Likes" from Hack... hey bro, if you're reading this, could I exchange that for a "Rep" next time???

Appreciate it bro.

Hack is liking every single post on the boards.

I can't stop laughing.

Oh and this sucks Jason. Get rid of it.

Is it just me or does every time I see a "Like" from someone I kept thinking:

"Ok.. so you like my post.. thanks.. but you don't like it enough to Rep me???? What's wrong with it????"

Just dunno whether to feel good about it or bad... LOL

Can you rep AND like the same post?

at any rate, I think sometimes people choose to LIKE rather than rep out of laziness - - it takes fewer keystrokes to like a post, repping is more work!!!!

I HATE getting notifications for likes. I don't hate that you can like a post.. makes no difference to me.
However, I detest having to look in notifications every 5 minutes just to clear out the likes. I would ignore it, but I also communicate often through PM and I would miss those if I ignored the other.

What does everyone else think about turning off the link between likes and notifications??

I HATE getting notifications for likes. I don't hate that you can like a post.. makes no difference to me.
However, I detest having to look in notifications every 5 minutes just to clear out the likes. I would ignore it, but I also communicate often through PM and I would miss those if I ignored the other.

What does everyone else think about turning off the link between likes and notifications??

I have fallen out of like with the like system. Wouldn't be so bad if there were no notifications. But I'm just not digging it either way.

How can I dislike this post? I love the notification system.

Here is an idea...

Let people like and dislike posts. With every like, your post grows bigger and brighter. With every dislike your post shrinks and becomes darker until it is no longer visible.

How can I dislike this post? I love the notification system.

Shut up.

Here is an idea...

Let people like and dislike posts. With every like, your post grows bigger and brighter. With every dislike your post shrinks and becomes darker until it is no longer visible.
That's pretty funny.. an auto-ignore feature.