What's new

Reverse Pet Peeves

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Emmaline Rose.

Our third and last.
Famous last words. Until the next one just kinda happens.

Seriously, congrats bro. Happy for you. Hope I will be around to laugh at you in 15 years for having 2 so close together. :)

Being in Idaho for my 10 year old son’s baseball tournament and watching him have an absolute day. He had two games today, with a three hour break between them. A couple doubles. A couple more singles, including knocking in the run that mercy ruled the other team. An amazing diving catch on a line drive while playing third against a really good team in a super tight game (which we ended up winning).
Yes, I’m bragging about my boy. Kid’s a freaking stud.

Since we were about ten minutes from Bear World, we spent the break there. That was awesome, too.

Today did not suck.

Discovering a mistake in my calendar such that what I thought would be a 2 hour meeting this afternoon isn't happening for a couple more weeks.

Discovering a mistake in my calendar such that what I thought would be a 2 hour meeting this afternoon isn't happening for a couple more weeks.

Yeh, but now you have two more weeks of dreading it.

off work with a stuffed back, getting around the house like a gimp, doped to the eyeballs, had my card details stolen so i have no debit card for the next week, on the other hand plenty of time to watch Jazz games from last year on league pass.

off work with a stuffed back, getting around the house like a gimp, doped to the eyeballs, had my card details stolen so i have no debit card for the next week, on the other hand plenty of time to watch Jazz games from last year on league pass.

Sounds awful (except for the Jazz part). Hope you feel better soon.

I took an Uber to the Food Truck and Brewery Challenge tonight at the Gateway Center. When I'd had enough I decided to walk from the Gateway to the house I grew up in on 1135W (Glendale St) 255S. It was a 15 min walk, but it took me past the shelter on 2nd W, over the 4th S viaduct, and through my old neighborhood.

It was absolutely beautiful!

I mean on the 4th S viaduct I did walk past a woman who was huddled up against a lamppost support covered in a blanket and lighting something with a lighter. On the same bridge there was human feces. But on the other side, the place I grew up, there was a carnival going on at a Catholic church, with music, kids, food, this is less than 2 blocks from my childhood home. There was also a celebration at someone's house with music, bouncy houses, BBQ, kids. There were people playing in the playground of my elementary school, Franklin Elementary. I honestly had to fight back tears. It was a neighborhood. It was a community. People think it's the ghetto but it's one of the most wonderful places in the valley.

I'm happy I grew up there. I'm happy it is still mostly what I remember (better, actually). I'm happy I took the walk.

Went to bed last night thinking there was a chance we might have a new government, the PM survived but is a dead man walking. Libs have got no chance come the next election. Superb news.