What's new

RIP hot rod

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! That guy was the best. I met him a few times and he was a classy guy. I already miss him.

Man that sucks... Hot rod was the absolute best. Never be another.

For many years when I lived outside of Utah in the late 90s, maybe early 2000s, the only way I could catch jazz games was through a radio internet feed. Hot Rod was the show. He made the game come alive for me. Thanks for the memories, may you rest in peace.

He was truly one of the greats. I always imitated his voice whenever I played basketball out on the driveway pretending to be a Jazz player. That unique voice and style will always stick with me.

Most entertaining play by play ever, loved that voice. I didn't appreciate him enough until he left. I have his Biography and it's pretty fascinating. Never knew he got into a fight with Pete Maravich in a hotel room that almost put them both through the window quite a few stories up.

This truly sucks. I feel bad for the fans who are too young to remember how amazing this man was.
-
R.I.P Hot rod. May the cowhide globe hit home in that great big light in the sky. Much respect.

AR-141219755.jpg

1321.jpg

1000x1000.jpg

Grew up listening to him. Have missed him the last few years. Jazz were lucky to have one of the greats of all time. They just don't make commentators like they used to.

Grew up listening to him. Have missed him the last few years. Jazz were lucky to have one of the greats of all time. They just don't make commentators like they used to.

This. How come everything seems greater and more unique back in the 70 and 80's

So sad, I had a dream last weekend that Hot Rod stopped by ESA, sat-in and called a game. It made me sad when I woke up because I knew there was no chance of that ever happening with his condition. I googled him the next morning and it sound like he was even worse off than I initially thought.

RIP Hot Rod.

as a kid I used to tune in to New Orleans Jazz games on my transistor radio in Ohio (we had fewer entertainment options back then)...Hot Rod was one of the reasons I became a Jazz fan (and Adrian Dantley cemented it)...made the game fun to listen to...

RIP...