What's new

Rodney Hood, a steal?

Let's not go overboard here...since AK47 (and not counting Hood), these are the names of players the Jazz drafted in the 20s: Scott Padgett, Deshawn Stevenson, Raul Lopez, Pavel Podkolzin, Morris Almond, Kosta Koufos, Eric Maynor, Gorgui Dieng. Other than a couple of career backup role players, nothing to be that impressed about.

How the hell do you leave off Gobert? AK47, Gobert, Hood, Stevenson, Koufos are tremendous picks in the 20's. We can't count Dieng and Podkolzin, since they were immediately traded. Lopez would have been a player had he not been injured. So we missed on Padgett, Almond, and Maynor. That is a freaky good success record for drafting in the 20's.

Lol I don't think he's going to retire over a stomach virus. I mean if he had Chron's and had to have half of his intestines cut out, maybe.. But you all are tripping about him "staying healthy" like he's twisted his ankles or broke bones.. smh.. redneck Jazz fans.

Hood is fantastic. He's one of the few players I've ever got right in the draft (I thought the Jazz should have picked him at 8 back when that's the range I thought the Jazz were picking in last year). The fact they got him in the 20s is a major, major steal. I couldn't believe he fell that much in the draft. Guess we should thank Belmont for ruining his perception.

Mercer

How the hell do you leave off Gobert? AK47, Gobert, Hood, Stevenson, Koufos are tremendous picks in the 20's. We can't count Dieng and Podkolzin, since they were immediately traded. Lopez would have been a player had he not been injured. So we missed on Padgett, Almond, and Maynor. That is a freaky good success record for drafting in the 20's.
The guy was talking about the Jazz (not DL) drafting in the 20s. FYI, the Jazz didn't draft Gobert, we traded for him. My point is, the Jazz perceived success in drafting in the 20s probably isn't any better or worse than the league average and certainly doesn't justify purposely trading down for a lower pick in the 20s.

The guy was talking about the Jazz (not DL) drafting in the 20s. FYI, the Jazz didn't draft Gobert, we traded for him.

I probably should've said in the DL era, as that is what I meant. And pointing out that the Jazz traded for Gobert is really... I mean, c'mon.

The guy was talking about the Jazz (not DL) drafting in the 20s. FYI, the Jazz didn't draft Gobert, we traded for him. My point is, the Jazz perceived success in drafting in the 20s probably isn't any better or worse than the league average and certainly doesn't justify purposely trading down for a lower pick in the 20s.

Semantics. It was DL's pick, It wasn't Denver who decided to pick him, it was DL.

Love his shot, and his mid-range game is awesome. He is a much better ball handler than I thought he would be. He has the best mid-range game on the team. I hate to say this, but I think the Jazz may be forced to make a decision between Burks and Hood.

Love his shot, and his mid-range game is awesome. He is a much better ball handler than I thought he would be. He has the best mid-range game on the team. I hate to say this, but I think the Jazz may be forced to make a decision between Hayward and Hood.

Fixed.

Is he a steal? It's waaaaayyyy to early to tell but I think it's exciting to see how well he is playing thus far. Like others have mentioned, his stroke is a thing of beauty and I love how he plays.

Does anyone know how he was in college in respect to his health?

Is he a steal? It's waaaaayyyy to early to tell but I think it's exciting to see how well he is playing thus far. Like others have mentioned, his stroke is a thing of beauty and I love how he plays.

Does anyone know how he was in college in respect to his health?

Not sure about what health issues, if any, he might have had in college. If it was sporadic cases of diarrhea I wouldn't be greatly concerned.

Next challenge for him would be

1) Can he stay healthy?

2) Can he guard opposing star players at the wing spot? (i.e., Harden, Ellis, Klay)

I said it in an earlier thread, but offensively Hood kinda reminds me of Pail Pierce. He's just so smooth, and plays ball like an old man. What I mean by that is that he displays excellent use of hesitation moves (particularily on fast breaks and off screens). Great midrange game, and a very good outside shooter. He's not the post beast that Pierce is, but they really remind me of eachother for some reason.

What do you guys think?