What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

Christian/conservative fascists are lazy. ... No action, no compromise, just taking from others.
That is a humorous take considering how we got here. A large chunk of the planet allows abortion but nearly all nations put restrictions on which are allowed and which are not. For example, abortion in Germany is allowed up to the 12 week which is basically the first trimester. Mississippi tried to put a restriction at 15 weeks. That is longer than in Germany and into the second trimester.

Pro-abortion activists said a 15-week limit was unacceptable and sued Mississippi. In the trial they were even asked if a compromise was possible, as Roberts really likes trying to find compromise, and the pro-abortion lawyers said that absolutely no compromise on this was acceptable to them.

There is now no Roe precedent because, and only because, the pro-abortion side would not accept a 15-week or any other compromise. Now the issue is allowed to be brought to the voters so the people can have their say. You have a funny definition of fascism, and a skewed judgement on who the uncompromising party was.

I’m seeing a bunch of these threads. People really need to read them.

View: https://twitter.com/sjohnsdottire/status/1540797614945439744?s=21&t=n-HDXoJj33HjKDqcizEjBw

This is such a Complex issue.

My friend recently disclosed to me that he and his wife needed a life saving operation when his wife miscarried. Under his state’s current trigger laws, that operation would’ve been banned. Thank god Roe was still the law of the land or else he’d be a single parent raising 4 kids. How many other people will now become Single parents because Trump judges decided that they didn’t like giving women choice?

I agreed with everything else in your post, but please let's stop using clothes hangers. Illegal abortions today will be primarily handled through an illicit drug trade for mifepristone. We don't want people to think sharp objects are their only choice.
True. And you’re right, I apologize if this leads anyone to think that hangers are appropriate methods for this. But now Texas is looking at stopping women from receiving health care through the mail.

This is why you can’t piecemeal this. This is why it’s not a state issue, but a national one. You can’t have one state where abortion is legal and produces/distributes health care and other states not. It’s the Runaway Slave Act all over again. Abortion with limits should be legal.

Last edited:
Yup, just like I've heard of drug laws not stopping drug use. You were complaining there were no laws in place because they would impact men and I pointed out that you were really, really wrong about there being no child support laws.

Wrong laws. Forced vasectomies. I mean if you really care about the babies anyway. Maybe you just dont care enough about the babies though. I dont know

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You keep trying to convince yourself that. Guess what Gameface? You were that insignificant fetus that didn’t matter. And you had the full potential and did evolve into a fully functioning child and human being. ... You were a worthless bundle of cells that only survived because of the person carrying you inside them.
Absolutely, and so was I, so were my siblings, and so were my children. All were born to women who truly wanted us, and we are grateful.

How about when the kid is 6 months old, as in 16 months after conception, and everything else is the same? It is a Mom. She has a 5 year school reunion to go to. It is her biological offspring who is considered too inconvenient, and at 6 months old the kid is still absolutely reliant upon the Mother to survive. Is it still okay in your book for the Mom to chop the kid up and put it in the trash?
Safe haven laws make that unnecessary. You can't drop off an 8-week fetus at a fire station.

For me the calculus is easy. The developing child is life as per the Seven Pillars of Life. It is human life as can be confirmed via DNA test.
You need to do better than a test that cancer cells can pass.

As you said earlier “your rights end at the tip of my nose” and I include kids in that. My line is drawn based on that. You obviously don’t agree with me,
Supporting abortion rather obviously does draw the line there. A fetus has no rights to the person carrying them.

That is a humorous take considering how we got here. A large chunk of the planet allows abortion but nearly all nations put restrictions on which are allowed and which are not. For example, abortion in Germany is allowed up to the 12 week which is basically the first trimester. Mississippi tried to put a restriction at 15 weeks. That is longer than in Germany and into the second trimester.

Pro-abortion activists said a 15-week limit was unacceptable and sued Mississippi. In the trial they were even asked if a compromise was possible, as Roberts really likes trying to find compromise, and the pro-abortion lawyers said that absolutely no compromise on this was acceptable to them.

There is now no Roe precedent because, and only because, the pro-abortion side would not accept a 15-week or any other compromise. Now the issue is allowed to be brought to the voters so the people can have their say. You have a funny definition of fascism, and a skewed judgement on who the uncompromising party was.

If you were asked to give up just parts of your body and put it in control of the State would you compromise and just give them your dick?

No, you wouldn’t. Requires doing something and sacrificing something you’re unwilling to give up, but freely ask of women. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

You’re taking bodily autonomy from someone. Period. And anyone who freely gives up their body to the government relegates themselves to cattle. You don’t give an inch! That’s what patriots have been whining about during the pandemic. But now it’s cool and you’re willing to “compromise”. Yeah, compromise womens lives.

Inhumane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancer can't pass that test but even if it could I'd still be comfortable with my anti-cancer bias.
Cancer fits all the seven pillars and has human DNA. I'm also comfortable with being anti-cancer; my point was that you need a better argument to treat fetuses differently.

If you were asked to give up just parts of your body and put it in control of the State would you compromise and just give them your dick?
LOL. You went from complaining that conservatives never compromise to justifying a stance of never compromising.

You’re taking bodily autonomy from someone. Period.
If you mean that I advocate for laws that remove a loophole which allowed a group of people to kill another group of people, then sure I guess. I'll own the badge of being anti-homicide. What I'm really doing is giving recognition to human life while you are trying to pretend the group you would like to see dead are something less than human so a privileged group can continue to be allowed to kill them without consequence. That is a label you can own.

LOL. You went from complaining that conservatives never compromise to justifying a stance of never compromising.

If you mean that I advocate for laws that remove a loophole which allowed a group of people to kill another group of people, then sure I guess. I'll own the badge of being anti-homicide. What I'm really doing is giving recognition to human life while you are trying to pretend the group you would like to see dead are something less than human so a privileged group can continue to be allowed to kill them without consequence. That is a label you can own.

More self righteous lazy hero ********. You’re not anti-homicide if you’re willing to put a full human to potential death ordered by the government. You like fascism, it fits your wants, needs and biases. You’re unable to apply all the facts to this issue, you just cherry pick and call yourself righteous, BY DOING NOTHING but take rights away from women, based off opinions on when a clump of cells has rights. But not living, breathing humans.

You advocate for the death of humans whether you like it or not. Save me the reverent, breathy, sanctimonious garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, and so was I, so were my siblings, and so were my children. All were born to women who truly wanted us, and we are grateful.
I was born as a result of a mother deciding not to abort, and then I was given up for adoption. She couldn't care for me, being barely 19 and unwed, but didn't want to abort the baby. She told me after we met that it was very nearly a coin toss, as they had the abortion all lined up, but she decided at the last minute not to go through with it.

I was born as a result of a mother deciding not to abort, and then I was given up for adoption. She couldn't care for me, being barely 19 and unwed, but didn't want to abort the baby. She told me after we met that it was very nearly a coin toss, as they had the abortion all lined up, but she decided at the last minute not to go through with it.

That is awesome that she got to make that choice. I think adoption is a good thing and woukd never want it to be banned. I like that women have that option.

I would imagine that there are some womwn out there with success stories that were only possible because they had the option to an abortion and used that option.

That is awesome that she got to make that choice. I think adoption is a good thing and woukd never want it to be banned. I like that women have that option.

I would imagine that there are some womwn out there with success stories that were only possible because they had the option to an abortion and used that option.

From what I understand, giving a baby up for adoption is hard. It’s been made even harder since churches have thrown in the towel over fear that the gays might adopt a child. I remember reading that’s why the LDS church gave up their adoption program. They were afraid that a scary gay couple that wanted to adopt a child and have a family might adopt one and raise them. The horror.

Thank you for sharing this. I think this issue is very complex.