Cage children
Beat up protestors
Help Putin destroy Ukraine
Make it harder for college students and poc to vote
Repeal the ACA
Prevent student loan forgiveness
Defund libraries and ban books
Restrict health care for women

It’s all about the cruelty. The cruelty is the point. It excites the base while demoralizing normal and decent people. And if normal and decent people finally just give up fighting, then authoritarianism wins. The fascist movement that supports Trump see Orban and Putin as templates. Trump is merely the useful idiot to accomplish their vision.

But but but… pro life, right? Fetuses are people!
Right. Babies, including the 7-month-old unborn ones, are human life. Ken Paxton lost his job over making that argument and this has been a cause célèbre among the pro-life crowd.

Glad to see you finally on the same page with the pro-life side. That event was abhorrent. It isn't just a clump of cells as the old Thriller would have insisted.

I think its odd how the word "abortion" is now said like it is some kind of virtue.... Abortion is pretty gross and I don't feel like its some virtuous thing. What is virtuous is allowing for body autonomy and allowing people to have the right to choose and allowing woman to have a choice and a voice. These are the real values (abortion is not a value) that liberals are now opposed to because of the vaccine narrative.

It's strange that Obama didn't codify Roe v Wade when he said this was his top priority once he is in office... I think there are situations where people would need to have an abortion if there health or wellbeing is in danger. Rape and other circumstances that would make abortion an acceptable choice. I do think folks should have a choice but I also think there are timelines and guidelines that need further discussion (when is it too late and when is the procedure most dangerous etc).
Sticking your rusty old syringe into someone and expecting them to suffer the consequences alone without informed consent is a problem.

Right. Babies, including the 7-month-old unborn ones, are human life. Ken Paxton lost his job over making that argument and this has been a cause célèbre among the pro-life crowd.

Glad to see you finally on the same page with the pro-life side. That event was abhorrent. It isn't just a clump of cells as the old Thriller would have insisted.
Correct, not just a clump of cells. A part of the woman.

I think its odd how the word "abortion" is now said like it is some kind of virtue
its weird that you think people think abortion is virtuous. I think most people who are pro choice people think abortion sucks. But that the pregnant women should still be able to make the tough, horrible choice if she feels she needs to.

its weird that you think people think abortion is virtuous. I think most people who are pro choice people think abortion sucks. But that the pregnant women should still be able to make the tough, horrible choice if she feels she needs to.
So why is that the question so often asked if people all of the sudden… “how do you feel about abortion?” That’s the very question you came at me with in the vaccine thread.

Folks on the left can’t phrase that question any other way. They can’t say “how do you feel about a woman’s right to choose what rusty syring is put into her body and what medical procedures she’s allowed to have a say in?“ The big thing they are standing up for on the left is just abortions, not any of the virtuous things I mentioned; Not for the ability to protect herself from a dirty syringe, not for the ability to have a voice and a choice in medical procedures, not for “body autonomy”, not for protection from some government official coming between her and her doctor, or anything like that- just abortions.

Sticking your rusty old syringe into someone and expecting them to suffer the consequences alone without informed consent is a problem.
I seriously thought you talking about genitalia, and I that an odd metaphor.

So why is that the question so often asked if people all of the sudden… “how do you feel about abortion?” That’s the very question you came at me with in the vaccine thread.

Folks on the left can’t phrase that question any other way. They can’t say “how do you feel about a woman’s right to choose what rusty syring is put into her body and what medical procedures she’s allowed to have a say in?“ The big thing they are standing up for on the left is just abortions, not any of the virtuous things I mentioned; Not for the ability to protect herself from a dirty syringe, not for the ability to have a voice and a choice in medical procedures, not for “body autonomy”, not for protection from some government official coming between her and her doctor, or anything like that- just abortions.
1) Syringes used in vaccinations are neither rusty nor dirty.
2) No one is forced to wear glasses, but the ability to read information or dials accurately is required for some jobs. No one is forced to get a vaccination of any sort, but for public health reasons they are required for some jobs.

1) Syringes used in vaccinations are neither rusty nor dirty.
2) No one is forced to wear glasses, but the ability to read information or dials accurately is required for some jobs. No one is forced to get a vaccination of any sort, but for public health reasons they are required for some jobs.
the covid vaccine became mandatory for some jobs, or to visit loved ones, or for travel, or to return to school or college, or for medical procedures, or for entertainment, or etc. etc.

Funny how people conveniently forget the second half of the bodily autonomy definition -

Bodily autonomy refers to the right of an individual to govern what happens to their body without external influence or coercion

the covid vaccine became mandatory for some jobs, or to visit loved ones, or for travel, or to return to school or college, or for medical procedures, or for entertainment, or etc. etc.

Funny how people conveniently forget the second half of the bodily autonomy definition -

Bodily autonomy refers to the right of an individual to govern what happens to their body without external influence or coercion
I think based on the COVID-19 experience there needs to be a real discussion about what rights people have to be safe from people who do not want to follow official safety guidelines and what rights people who object to following those guidelines have. Both sides have a legitimate interest in having their rights protected. It would take a sober and mature collection of people with a sincere interest at finding solutions to these complicated issues. We don't have that because MAGA is trying to be disruptive to the normal operation of our nation with representatives like Marjorie Taylor Green, Boebert, Jim Jordan, etc.. So this is going to be an unproductive fight between people who favor social responsibility and safety vs those who believe that individual liberty means that individuals can go into social, public situations and endanger those around them with no concern and no responsibility for the harm they may cause, every person in the social sphere for themself, every person MUST accept risk from others in order to protect the rights of those peoples' individual right to be reckless.

Just like you cannot yell fire, when their isn't one, in a crowded theatre, doesn't it make sense that your freedom be limited to spread a deadly disease? We have always limited personal freedom in the interest of the greater public good.

You are weird

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

the covid vaccine became mandatory for some jobs,
Public health jobs.

or to visit loved ones,
Loved ones in public care facilities.

or for travel,
You could travel by car unvaccinated.

or to return to school or college,
No change from pre-covid.

or for medical procedures,
voluntary medical procedures. Urgent and emergency care were available to the unvaccinated.

or for entertainment,
Public entertainment.

Funny how some people forget your right to swing your fist does not extend through another's body. Were one to hit another, even accidentally, the one should be surprised to have their freedoms restricted.

Public health jobs.

Loved ones in public care facilities.

You could travel by car unvaccinated.

No change from pre-covid.

voluntary medical procedures. Urgent and emergency care were available to the unvaccinated.

Public entertainment.

Funny how some people forget your right to swing your fist does not extend through another's body. Were one to hit another, even accidentally, the one should be surprised to have their freedoms restricted.
It probably all depends on where you are in the country for all these answers. You shouldn’t pretend like it all went smoothly, even Newsome admits they did everything wrong. Plenty of folks were required to have the shot outside of public health, including military. Besides to opt out of any of those things I mentioned you also had to navigate through the scrutiny and cancelation attempts from democrats doing the bidding of big pharma and big daddy government at every turn. Even the worst of the democrats will admit the COVID response and especially the mandates were handled really poorly.

It probably all depends on where you are in the country for all these answers. You shouldn’t pretend like it all went smoothly, even Newsome admits they did everything wrong. Plenty of folks were required to have the shot outside of public health, including military. Besides to opt out of any of those things I mentioned you also had to navigate through the scrutiny and cancelation attempts from democrats doing the bidding of big pharma and big daddy government at every turn. Even the worst of the democrats will admit the COVID response and especially the mandates were handled really poorly.
You clearly advocate for the right of individuals to put the public at risk with no controls or repercussions. You have nothing nuanced to add to the conversation. You are a clone.

It probably all depends on where you are in the country for all these answers. You shouldn’t pretend like it all went smoothly,
That's a much bigger topic than mandatory vaccination.

even Newsome admits they did everything wrong.
“I think we would’ve done everything differently,” is the quote I found. Thank you for confirming your dishonesty, again.

Besides to opt out of any of those things I mentioned you also had to navigate through the scrutiny and cancelation attempts from democrats
I didn't participate in any of them, and faced no scrutiny nor "cancelling".

Your periodic reminder that the pro life party doesn’t actually care about improving or preserving life. It was always about taking control away from women. This is evil:

View: https://x.com/reichlinmelnick/status/1746302584606884234?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

View: https://x.com/reichlinmelnick/status/1746303854336004104?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

What if they just renamed it, “welfare for Brett Farve Volleyball”, would they still decline the money?