What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

Not at all. Like I've said all along, I know how this system works and I know why so few alleged rapes are prosecuted. Every day, the science and data trail to prove the truth of a situation only gets better.
Well it is messed up that some people get away with rape and others are falsely accused. Can't imagine either.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

The field evidence technicians, the criminalists, and the detectives in the sex crimes units who interview the alleged rape victims are all overwhelmingly women.

I have given you evidence to back up my claims of these fields being primarily women. It is your turn to find anything to counter that proof, and I'm not worried that you'll come through.

I can’t find this evidence, why don’t you fill in the blanks from your sources:

Field evidence techs in sex crimes unit = 9x%
Criminalist in sex crimes unit = 9x% women
Detectives in sex crimes units= 9x% women

You’re right, I know nothing about this. I’m just reading what you write (which strains credulity), seeing you dodge my questions, and smelling BS. But if you provide the data you claim to have I’ll happily eat crow.

You understand nothing. I never mentioned "law enforcement technicians". I did mention field evidence technicians. Those are the primary staff who collect evidence. It is the Criminalists who do the heavy lifting of deciding what evidence to test, how to test it, they compile the reports on the results, communicate their findings with lawyers, and testify in court on the findings.

The field evidence technicians, the criminalists, and the detectives in the sex crimes units who interview the alleged rape victims are all overwhelmingly women. These professionals aren't faking anything and they are exposed to some of the worst of what humans can do to each other. One recent example of awfulness was having to test the DNA of a fetus found in a gallon paint can to prove the paternity was a father who had raped his daughter. Can you even imagine what it is like to be at a test bench with something like that in front of you? They aren't performing performing clerical and administrative duties as you so condescendingly put it. They aren't faking anything.

These are the law enforcement staff who know what rape looks like, and what it doesn't look like. Most reported rapes never get prosecuted because most rape reports are either embellished or outright lies. The women doing this soul-destroying job in law enforcement aren't hiding evidence to save guilty men from prosecution. If they are refusing to go forward with a rape prosecution it is because that is what the evidence warrants.

I have given you evidence to back up my claims of these fields being primarily women. It is your turn to find anything to counter that proof, and I'm not worried that you'll come through.

Can you explain with an actual case how these SVU professionals immorally take the side of women who falsely allege rape? Kinda step by step, the role of each in this horrific action. Thank you.

Can you explain with an actual case how these SVU professionals immorally take the side of women who falsely allege rape? Kinda step by step, the role of each in this horrific action. Thank you.
They don't. You have a problem with reading comprehension. Let's try this again: SVU professionals DO NOT take the side of those who falsely allege rape. Once more: Men are NOT being railroaded by SVU professionals. Did you get it yet? These law enforcement units AREN'T immorally or morally taking the side of women who falsely allege rape.

Most alleged rapes aren't prosecuted.

if you provide the data you claim to have I’ll happily eat crow.
No you won't. If you've proved anything it is that you are not capable of taking in information. You have repeated that technician faking tests to take the side of women when I've said the exact opposite in every post. You do not take in information.

There is no sex crimes unit for criminalists. The crime lab is divided up by discipline. As I said earlier which you did not absorb, the specialty most often dealing with these types of cases is the group doing DNA analysis. A FET (field evidence technician) is a FET is a FET. They don't specialize but they do have competencies. Typically a crimialist will supervise the FETs at a crime scene to tell then what to collect into evidence. It is the detectives who are in a sex crimes unit, but all of the FETs,, criminalists, and detectives are law enforcement. In some forces, the FETs and criminalists are "sworn" and in some they are not, but they are all law enforcement.

I know that if I present something like the statistic below, you won't see it because you have no interest in learning anything.
Forensic-Science-Gender-Balance.gif

Is the assumption that every reported rape that is not prosecuted was in fact a consensual encounter and the allegation of rape was knowingly false by the person reporting?

That seems to be an absurd conclusion to make.

I also know, at least where I live, the units that handle sexual assault are almost entirely made up of women. That goes for the point person taking the report, the investigators, the nurses, the criminalists in the crime lab, and the person making the charging decisions at the district attorney’s office.

You only present GENERIC (not SVU) "technician" demographics (73% women) to support a claim of "the units that handle sexual assault are almost entirely made up of women"

I won't argue with your dubious assertion about generic technicians that that less than 3/4 is "almost entirely"

You present no data that the people making the charging decision at the DA (arguably the key person in this debate) are mostly women. You know this is bogus and if you had data you would surely present it.

You present no evidence that the others you have listed are "almost entirely" made up of women.

You introduce "the units that handle sexual assaults" and then you say "There is [sic] no sex crimes units"

So yeah, my reading comp is fine, thanks for asking. Your arguments, logic, and factual foundation are really, really, really, terrible.

Is the assumption that every reported rape that is not prosecuted was in fact a consensual encounter and the allegation of rape was knowingly false by the person reporting?

That seems to be an absurd conclusion to make.
No, not every one but the single biggest reason for the DA declining to file charges is the alleged victim making a claim in her statement that turns out to be provably not true in the subsequent investigation. It technically counts as falsifying a police report and it has to be turned over to defense which essentially kills the credibility of what is usually the prosecution's main witness. When it happens, the complainant is informed of the untruth being discovered, the decision to not proceed with prosecution, and notification that although falsifying a police report is a crime that they don't intend to pursue charges there either. For there it all goes away and they move on to the next alleged rape.

No, not every one but the single biggest reason for the DA declining to file charges is the alleged victim making a claim in her statement that turns out to be provably not true in the subsequent investigation. It technically counts as falsifying a police report and it has to be turned over to defense which essentially kills the credibility of what is usually the prosecution's main witness. When it happens, the complainant is informed of the untruth being discovered, the decision to not proceed with prosecution, and notification that although falsifying a police report is a crime that they don't intend to pursue charges there either. For there it all goes away and they move on to the next alleged rape.
I could imagine a plantiff making contradictory statements or statements inconsistent with demonstrable facts, leading to an unwinnable criminal case but not because they weren't raped and not always because they were lying. Memories, especially in relation to traumatic events, can be very unreliable.

I'd recommend any woman who was raped to get a lawyer before making any statements to the police. Really I'd roccomend that to anyone who is even slightly involved in a criminal case, perpetrator, victim, or witness.

You introduce "the units that handle sexual assaults" and then you say "There is [sic] no sex crimes units"

Here is what I wrote earlier:
I am very, very familiar with what criminalists do, and specifically the criminalists in the DNA forensic sciences which is the group typically dealing with these types of cases. I am familiar with what the detectives in the sex crimes units do

...and here what I reiterated just now:
There is no sex crimes unit for criminalists. The crime lab is divided up by discipline. As I said earlier which you did not absorb, the specialty most often dealing with these types of cases is the group doing DNA analysis. .... It is the detectives who are in a sex crimes unit,

So yeah, my reading comp is fine
Your reading comprehension is garbage but at least your inability to take in information is solid proof the Dunning-Kruger effect is real.

Here is what I wrote earlier:

...and here what I reiterated just now:

Your reading comprehension is garbage but at least your inability to take in information is solid proof the Dunning-Kruger effect is real.

So you have no evidence for your claims (repeating nonevidence does not help your case)

So are there sex crime units or no sex crime units (repeating the contradictory statements does not help resolve this matter)

You write lots of words, little substance.

Good night.

The United States continues to be one of the "most dangerous developed nations" for childbirth, according to a new report released Thursday by March of Dimes, a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of pregnant people and babies.

March of Dimes report released earlier this year found that more than 5.6 million women in the U.S. live in counties with limited or no access to maternity care services. Since 2018, there has been a 4% increase in maternity care deserts, defined by March of Dimes as "any county in the United States without a hospital or birth center offering obstetric care and without any obstetric providers."

The U.S. earned a D+ grade on its preterm birth rate for the second straight year in March of Dimes' annual report looking at the state of maternal and infant health

"This year's report shows the state of infant and maternal health in the United States remains at crisis-level, with grave disparities that continue to widen the health equity gap," Dr. Elizabeth Cherot, president and CEO of March of Dimes, said in a statement about Thursday's report. "We have long known that many of the factors impacting poor outcomes for moms and babies can and must be addressed if we are to reverse these trends."

She continued, "The fact is, we are not prioritizing the health of moms and babies in this country, and our systems, policies, and environments, as they stand today, continue to put families at great risk."

The South and Midwest regions of the U.S. continue to have the worst outcomes when it comes to infant and maternal health, according to the March of Dimes report.

Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Ohio, Mississippi and Alabama are among the states with the highest infant mortality rate. Those states each had an infant mortality rate of at least 7 deaths per 1,000 live births, compared to the national average of 5.4 deaths per 1,000 live births.

Infant mortality is defined by the CDC as "the death of an infant before his or her first birthday."

States including Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi also had the worst maternal health outcomes, according to the March of Dimes report.

Among all states, birthing people living in Louisiana are the most vulnerable to "poor maternal health outcomes," according to the report, with 39 deaths per 100,000 live births.

The report found, again, that states in the South -- including Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana -- had the highest rates of preterm birth.

To improve the state of maternal and infant health care in the U.S., the March of Dimes, in its report, called for several policy changes, including extending Medicaid health care benefits to one year after the birth of a child, the expansion of mandatory paid parental leave, Medicaid coverage of doula care for birthing women and federally funded maternal mortality and fetal and infant mortality review committees in every state.

From the comments section:
"Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Ohio, Mississippi and Alabama are among the states with the highest infant mortality rate" AND "States including Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi also had the worst maternal health outcomes" AND "The report found, again, that states in the South - including Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana - had the highest rates of preterm birth." ALL RED STATES. But have no fear - You can open carry and ban school libraries from having copies of The Color Purple in these states so all is well...

And another one:
As someone who lives in the South and has my whole life.....he is right. The evangelical fervor to ban books, leave the masses (especially women) uneducated about their bodies, reproductive systems, sexuality, the demonizing of vaccines, robbing women of their right to choose, and let's not forget removing as many health clinics as possible as well as the right to medical treatment.
The desire to marry em young and keep em dumb, barefoot, pregnant, dependent, subservient, and in the kitchen has been a backroom agenda for many, many years for the red state boys.

These are exactly the cases that must be tried if we’re going to uphold laws forcing women into forced birth. The cure to Roe v Wade is worse than the disease. It’s government intrusion into our personal lives, it’s traumatizing women and treating them as second class citizens, and it’s a drain on our judicial system. This is the authoritarianism that Republicans desire

View: https://x.com/attorneycrump/status/1730746601734373434?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

The Texas jihad is upon us.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Simple cruelty.

Cox is 20 weeks pregnant, and her fetus has trisomy 18, a deadly genetic condition. The Dallas-area mother of two has been admitted to emergency rooms four times in the past month — including one visit since the case was filed — after experiencing severe cramping and fluid leaks, attorney Molly Duane told the court Thursday. Several doctors have advised Cox that there is "virtually no chance" her baby will survive and that carrying the pregnancy to term would make it less likely that she will be able to carry another child in the future

“Fearmongering has been Ken Paxton's main tactic in enforcing these abortion bans,” said Marc Hearron, senior counsel at Center for Reproductive Rights, which filed the case on Cox's behalf. “Rather than respect the judiciary, he is misrepresenting the court’s order. He attacks the judge who rules against him as an 'activist judge'. He is trying to bulldoze the legal system to make sure Kate (Cox) and pregnant women like her continue to suffer.”

"Even with being hopeful with the decision that came from the hearing (on Thursday), there’s still— we’re going through the loss of a child," Cox said. "There’s no outcome here that I take home my healthy baby girl. So it’s hard."

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

• Angry
Reactions: Red
Cox is 20 weeks pregnant, and her fetus has trisomy 18, a deadly genetic condition. The Dallas-area mother of two has been admitted to emergency rooms four times in the past month — including one visit since the case was filed — after experiencing severe cramping and fluid leaks, attorney Molly Duane told the court Thursday. Several doctors have advised Cox that there is "virtually no chance" her baby will survive and that carrying the pregnancy to term would make it less likely that she will be able to carry another child in the future

“Fearmongering has been Ken Paxton's main tactic in enforcing these abortion bans,” said Marc Hearron, senior counsel at Center for Reproductive Rights, which filed the case on Cox's behalf. “Rather than respect the judiciary, he is misrepresenting the court’s order. He attacks the judge who rules against him as an 'activist judge'. He is trying to bulldoze the legal system to make sure Kate (Cox) and pregnant women like her continue to suffer.”

"Even with being hopeful with the decision that came from the hearing (on Thursday), there’s still— we’re going through the loss of a child," Cox said. "There’s no outcome here that I take home my healthy baby girl. So it’s hard."

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Best summary of what the “pro life” movement is all about. It’s merely a front to relegate women as second class citizens and take away their choices. If they really cared about life, this torture wouldn’t be happening.

It really would be wise if more people listened to us. We knew what the tea bagger movement was about. They didn’t actually care about deficits. They were merely a group angry that a black man won an election and got to live in “their White House.” The same applies to the ridiculous pro life movement. They don’t care about life. They don’t care about improving anything. They have no solutions. They’re just against choice. And they don’t care who they hurt as long as they win and their perceived political enemies lose.